PDA

View Full Version : X Valve missing Oring...

c sherer
03-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Ok, here's a strange one...
Have had my xvalve running for some time (20 cases of paint or so) and was rebuilding a friends Retrovalve and noticed that he had an Oring in a place where I had none. So I checked out the exploded diagram on AGD website and there is ONLY ONE oring shown. The oring in question is the smaller 'Regulator Valve Pin Oring'. Basically, there is one fit into the black aluminum back end (with the logo on it) AND one that sits inside the little cup on the 'Regulator Seat', making TWO orings that when assembled would sit side by side. The diagram shows only one.

So, the question is, should there be TWO orings here or just one? With two it appears to function normally; with one, again normal.
And if anyone knows specifically what the operational differences are between 1 and 2 orings in this spot, if any - i'd like to know.

CoSh

Schnitzel
03-12-2003, 12:34 PM
that's weird.

if i understand correctly, what you're saying is that there's an oring that sit in the brass reg seal, and one sitting in the back half of the reg?

there should only be one there. i know that when i break apart the 2 halves, that oring sometimes sits either in the back half, or on the reg. pin assy.

that's really interesting that it works with two.

BlackVCG
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM
It can work with two, but there only needs to be one. It just keeps the air from going to the piston before going to the on/off.

c sherer
03-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Yea, it works, and appears to work fine, although I have yet to run it over a chrono.
Is there any benefit to having it there in terms of performance? could it restrict airflow in any way?

Cosh