PDA

View Full Version : couple new mag user q's

twiitch
03-12-2003, 12:36 AM
ok, im buying a micromag for a backup to my cocker.

what kind of things should i know about them? maintenance wise, repair wise all that kinda stuff?

im buying a micromag, lvl10 bolt and a z-grip

i wanted a micro because its tight enuf for me and takes cocker threads, yet will still suit my purposes

Cryer
03-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Welcome to AO!
Sounds like a good setup...Mags are notoriously reliable in that they require a minimal amount of maintenance... Just oil the o-rings every once in a while, don't wrap it around a tree and you'll be good to go!
The Level 10 can be tedious to install for the first time (unless you're buying one that's already installed in a mag), but any problems you have, just ask and someone here knows how to fix it.
Also, don't buy into anyone's hype about ANS valves or other aftermarket parts for the mag. These void the warranty and, in almost all cases, detract from the overall performance of the marker.
One definate upgrade (if the mag doesn't already have it) is a Retro- or X-valve... These are the fastest recharging valves available on the market (both made by AGD so they wont void the warranty etc.) and provide a reactive property to the trigger... Worth the money.

By the way, don't be surprised if you decided to use your cocker as a backup!;) :D

twiitch
03-12-2003, 12:49 AM
thanks, is that jsut the o-rings on the power tube (or wahtever the big assembly that goes in the back) or do i have to take it appart? waht about puttin a drop of oil in my asa?

and thanks for the tips on the ANS, i dont intend to doto much to it, jsut the z-grip and lvl 10, i played around withone the other day and ive been lookin for a good backup.

i jsut get so tight with it, and it takes cocker threads, so i can use my freak, and the z-grip, tried that before, hella comfy... i play front, comfy and tight is waht matters, and i dont need to shoot that fast, but if it matters i was pullin i think about 8-9 bps on it, and its jsut a stock microi dunno about my cocker bein backup, its pretty nice, 2k2 BM with a few upgrades, i love it, im tryin to resist electro, lol

Cryer
03-12-2003, 12:59 AM
When you field strip the marker(take the valve out of the back of the marker), the valve has 2 small holes in the bottom. Just a drop or 2 of oil in each of these holes will suffice... And I do put 1 drop into the valve at the air line. That's it, really.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Black magic and putting a Freeflow kit in it... I recently helped a friend of mine buy a 2k2 Black Magic... He really likes it (stock).

but you'll really like the mag.

twiitch
03-12-2003, 01:07 AM
thanks a bunch man, appreciated