PDA

View Full Version : can i take an rt pro and put an omega body rail on it?

sneak1
03-12-2003, 01:03 PM
I should be recieving a no rise rt pro in the mail soon and also I just ordered an omega body rail from tunaman. My question is what would I need to do to make this change?
I know that I need to change out the bushing and the twist lock assembly, but what about the sear and the on/off? I am guessing I would need to get an automag sear and pin. But would the on/off need to be changed? Or is this unaffected by the change. Remember this is and rt pro not classic rt any help would be great.

Dayspring
03-12-2003, 03:13 PM
You'll be totally fine. Just throw it in and it should work flawlessly.

No need to change anything.

Tunaman
03-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
You'll be totally fine. Just throw it in and it should work flawlessly.

No need to change anything. I believe the RTpro uses a threaded sear pin and a sear with a bushing/bearing. Unless you want to convert your RT pro to an Automag, it wont work.;)

sneak1
03-12-2003, 09:19 PM
well I don't mind swapping sear's and pins and having a rgular mag.

sneak1
03-12-2003, 09:29 PM
hey tunaman it's you. Well if I get a new sear and pin will that work? You wouldn't happen to have any sears and pins would you, used prferably I am depleating my funds quickly. that way you can send it out with the rail.

sneakyhacker420
03-12-2003, 09:52 PM
it rail will work if you are willing to give up a couple of things

#1, you will not be able to use the RT Pro's foregrip, you need to buy a regular foregrip to fit on an AM/MM rail

#2, you will need to go out and purchase a ReTro valve sear and pin, as the RTP rail uses a special threaded pin and sear/bearing

and if you plan to do this, i'll be willing to buy the RTP rail, sear, and foregrip to help finance your new omega rail & foregrip

ps: on/off doesnt need to be changed as long as you get a ReTro sear & pin

pps: make sure that you use vert feed barrels or modded barrels to fit powerfeed, or else they'll start falling out after a few shots

sneak1
03-12-2003, 10:56 PM
yeah i'm willing to do all those things. pm me about the extra parts. I won't be needing the rail except for the barrel detent and bushing and also the foregrip with bracket and sear so get back email me.

sneak1
03-13-2003, 12:41 AM
hey sneaky you got a pm get back to me soon