PDA

View Full Version : emag conversion question? AGD

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 01:17 PM
simple question, what all was done to the original RTs that were converted? I know that they kept the valve, body and rail. so did the simply changed the sear, gripframe and added the battery pack? I know that the gripframe has to be drilled to fit the banjo bolt and that the bodyrail probably has to be drilled for it to accept the battery pack. but besides that, what? thanks AZZKIKR

ps. I know that AGD isn't doing that anymore, so please no 'they arent doing that anymore' post, thanks

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 01:22 PM
i dont think the original RT's were converted, only the RTP

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 01:30 PM
they were converted, very few though. that I know

Evil Bob
03-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Yes, there were a small number of old school RT's that were converted to Emags.

The only change was the grip frame and sear. The problem was in the sear fit in the RT frame was too sloppy for the necessary tolerances and was causing problems that would require alot of time and patience on the end of the tech doing the conversion, it took too much time to do each one and there were problems too often once converted (bolt wear, runaway, etc.).

I specifically did not sell an old school RT that I used and bought a second new for my son because they had announced that they were going to be doing the conversions. I was really excited when they actually started converting them and called to get on the waitng list, only to be informed that they were no longer taking names.

It's a shame that it was such a hastle to the techs at AGD to upgrade that they only did a small number before calling it quits for good. Unfortunately, I feel somewhat cheated now over the whole issue, especially now that the old school RT has zero upgrade path and next to no resale value.

I'm not disillusioned with AGD at all, I love their products, I own an Emag and just bought an CnC Xmag, just not happy with what happened with respects to the older RT customers.

-Evil Bob

Evil Bob
03-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Actually they did convert a few of the old school RT's, here's a thread in August of 2001 talking about conversion #1:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11176&highlight=RT+to+emag+conversion

If you go through the threads from August on, you will see that they were encountering problems and didn't really have the time necessary to dedicate to solving them considering there were deep in Xtreme production.

-Evil Bob

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 02:10 PM
then how do you explain the pic in this thread.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35342&highlight=RT+to+emag+conversion

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 02:10 PM
damn it evil bob, you beat me to it.

Muzikman
03-12-2003, 02:49 PM
The upgrade never made much sense to me. They where charging about the same amount as a used Emag ran. I think that was one of the reasons they quit with the conversions. As for the upgrade path of the old RTs. Besides the Xvavle, what upgrade does not fit?

IntelliFrame - Yes
Warp - Yes
Lvl 10 - Yes
xValve - No
ULE Bodies - No

To be honest, that's not too bad for a gun that is 8 years old.

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 03:40 PM
much sence maybe not, but my RT holds a lot of sentimental value and I wan't to make her an even better bad azz.

azzkikr
03-12-2003, 10:14 PM
bumping this up, waiting for TKs official say so on this. thanks

cphilip
03-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Never fear! I will do it for you. Send me your RT and $800 and I will turn it into and Emag for you! :)

magking1971
03-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Here is mine, If you need to know anything PM me.:D

wimag
03-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Magking: i have said it before and i will say it as many times as i like. That RT is the bomb!!!
I would take that over anything out there. One of a kind. If AGD offers that again i am all over it.

magking1971
03-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Where were you when I was selling that setup for $800.??:D :D

wimag
03-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
Where were you when I was selling that setup for $800.??:D :D

Busy buying and giving the micro some enhancements. Yeah and the Bushie just kind of happened :D

Now when the time comes to rotate the stock i will keep you in mind, unless the micro can persuade you :D My RT will be driven into the dirt before i give that up