PDA

View Full Version : FREE! AO Tradeshow (online)

nato
03-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking it would be pretty fun to start an online AO tradeshow where people trade paintball stuff. The paintball stuff that I am talking about is the type of things that are just laying around your house. All of the paintball crap that just clutters my "paintball closet" has been asking me to give it a good home where it will actually be used. I think it would be fun to not involve any money but just gear for gear. If you guys want to do that then I could post up a tradeshow on the misc. page? I'm guessing that it is the appropriate place??? Thanks for reading!:)
N.A.T.O.

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
isnt that what the buy sell forum is for... i could be mistaken but thats what the title says

FalconGuy016
03-12-2003, 03:25 PM
You mean a new forum? If it was some sort of program or something or something other than a forum, maybe, but they have classifieds forums for selling + trading things

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 03:27 PM
a program would be cool

you type what you want and what you have and it tells you what all is posted that you want

nato
03-12-2003, 06:58 PM
The difference that there would be between the tradeshow and the forum is that little or no money would be used in the process of these trades. The transactions would purley consist of paintball gear. For all you comp. geeks out there: Do you guys know of a way to make this easy and do-able? I'd apreciate the help! Thanks!
N.A.T.O.

shartley
03-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Why can't it be done in the normal "For Sale" Forums?

cphilip
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
You mean a trade it forward thread...

We had one started and no one kept it up...

irbodden
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
yeah, PIF...

It won't work without it's own forum, but I am not sure they want it here...

WARPED1
03-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Forget buy or sale, he's talking trade. Gear for gear.
I think it's a good idea.

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 07:15 PM
"Classifieds- Buy/Sell/Trade"

it says trade

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 07:57 PM
I think he means make a chain of cheap straight across trades...something just for fun I think. cphill knows, would you like to indulge us?

cphilip
03-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Knows what? I not following you...

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Knows what? I not following you...

What this thing is about, the trade it forward thread.

cphilip
03-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Sure I know it came up a while back and we decided to try and start one and see how it went. And it died within a few weeks. Thats what I know about it.

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 09:42 PM
yes but what exactly is it?

cphilip
03-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Well its like that one on Paintball Nation I guess. Where someone trades offers something up for trade and so forth. The next person gets some stuff together and...it goes on and on it seems. Sometimes. I not realy too up on it but I remember looking at it once over there back then when it was discussed. Not sure I follow exactly how it worked but it didn't take off here thats for sure. I think you can dig it up in Classifieds and see what happened to it here. I wasn't too involved in it. Not payed that much attention to it. But anyone is free to start it back up. But it will not get its own forum until it seems to catch on and work and there are no problems with it. I do know that.

nato
03-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Mostly I thought it would just be cool cause its more of a fun thing that AOers could do. And I will say it again... only trading would be used, NO MONEY INVOLVED. :)
If you want I can translate that into any other languages to make it easier to understand.:p Anyway I think it would be something that would be great to start up but we would probably need 2 things. One is that we would need people who would be interested in this so it doesn't die down and the second is that if we were to start a new section we would need someone to actually start one up. I don't really know who to go to to be able to do that. (hehe, lots of 2 letter words!) Anyway if its possible I think it would be fun to get something like that running. Thanks!
N.A.T.O.

spazzed
03-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Again, since noones listening.. we had one, it went on a permanent vacation.. Maybe we are just a bunch of greedy buggers! :D

nato
03-13-2003, 11:19 AM
One word, Meh!

Anyway I hear you... maybe times have changed and people want to stop using their money and like our ancesters use trade to once again flourish!!! Then again, maybe not.:D
N.A.T.O.

Kevmaster
03-13-2003, 01:46 PM
we have had Pay It Forward going on over at BEOG (www.BEOG.org) for about 6 months. you can just make a post: "please pay it forward a stingray bolt". someone will say "sure, ive got one laying around. ill send it out". we love it. it works great. many, many of the senior members give regularly to our newcommers. its a great policy. I love how well it works. eventually, we ask that those who recieve also give away a part of their own sometime down the road. Ive never seen anything like it

hitmanng
03-14-2003, 01:54 AM
If you have stuff laying around and want to trade it post it to the classified forum. I have traded lots of stuff. I have a CP barrel he had a Armson barrel we wanted to trade. That is what makes this stuff a beautiful place. Paintballers helping paintballers.........Sorry teared up for a moment.
Hitmanng

-=Squid=-
03-14-2003, 08:20 AM
So they just give it for free? Like small crap? Cool lol...

Please pay it forward one IR3 and one Xmag.