PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Help

npOS_
03-12-2003, 08:21 PM
I have a couple of questions.

first, on the AIR valve it says "Rated 3000 PSI"
does that mean i souldnt use a screw in 4500psi nitro tank
with it?

Also, ive been having trouble getting the damned thing to work.....ive replaced all the orings and springs and stuff
but my velocity is high, and if i turn it down, it bleeds air out of the barrel after one shot...but if i go up...it shoots way load and way hard, mostly breaking paint. there is a "sweet spot" were it will do neather, but it shoots off twice (instead of a ploop it goes ploo ploop, if that makes sence) or i will get one shot way hot, then the others will be ok...and if i shoot fast, my distance goes way down. what do you people think is the problem? should i send my vavle in and ask for a replacement??....btw, my vavle came in missing a couple o-rings :mad: i was doing all this with a CenterFlag 420 Series 4500psi 68ci tank filled to 3000 screwed into the virtical adapter. thanks for the help.

dave_p
03-12-2003, 09:28 PM
the regulator in the valve is rated for 3000psi, that means it can withstand an input of 3000#(way not recommended) the output from your 4500 system should be set @ 800-850 into the gun. so yes, you can use a 4500 no problems.

the other problem sounds so far like a bad reg seat. 1.50 to replace. and maybe a power tube o-ring/spacer problem. but make sure the reg seat is clean and new first and report back. someone will straighten you out.

there is virtually nothing that can go wrong that you cant fix yourself for 20 bucks or less.