PDA

View Full Version : Looking for decent Paintball/Mountain-biking gloves.

Carbon
03-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Currently i wear the Blackhawk SOLAG tactical glove. They are my Pballing and biking gloves. They are getting a little holey, so of course i need new gloves. So anyway ive narrowed it down to the Dye core division gloves, or the same pair of SOLAG gloves, mainly because the solag ones have really nice wrist support.

How durable and comfy are the dye gloves? And how is the tactile sense with the dyes. Any other suggestions for any iother brands? thnx!

M-a-s-sDriver
03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
I Have found paintball gloves in general to be the worst deal and least durability for the money. I use AXO for toughness and feel. Lotsa models and colors, half the price, maybe a little bulky for single trigger holes.
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

Xerces
03-12-2003, 09:40 PM
i use the medium priced JT gloves. they've served me fine.

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 09:43 PM
I like the dyes, but they wouldnt be any good for mountain biking. Just get both?

yeahthatsme
03-12-2003, 10:08 PM
i have the dye's and i love them to death!!! their super comfortable.

darklord
03-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents about the JT pro series 2002.... bad, bad, bad. They're good at first, but after a year of useage the seams on mine are already starting to break in some places. They're comfortable, but not really the most bang for your buck. Anyone know of some really durable gloves, with strong seams?

Mr. T!
03-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Your's last a year? that's pretty gamn good. I would stay with paintball gloves for paintball, i like the dyes and Jt's alot, they are very comfrotabale and durable.

Jimmi9999
03-13-2003, 03:42 AM
try mechanix.com. i have a pair of m-pact gloves from them. you can also get them at any auto parts store. i mainly use them for riding

JEDI
03-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Get a pair of FOX "sidewinder" gloves for both. The Mt Biking will put the most stress on them over paintball. I bike too, and I've had the same red "sidewinders" for about 5 years. They're basically a slightly beefier Pball glove. Padding on the nuckles and back of palm.

fire1811
03-13-2003, 09:08 AM
the new evil gloves are nice

Muzikman
03-13-2003, 09:17 AM
I don't wear gloves to play ball in. But I actually wear Raven gloves to mtb. I find that they last quite a while and are much cheaper.

JAM
03-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I gotta agree with jedi about the Fox sidwinders... those are some tough gloves. I had a pair last over a year of biking- that is impressive to me. And that was using them at least twice a week for racing and riding- downhill mostly.

ralistically though, I think one season is the average lifetime of gloves- for paintball or whatever, if I get that out of them, I'm happy.

-j

hitmanng
03-14-2003, 02:07 AM
Got to go with Fox also. I bike and paintball in them and love them. Remember almost all our paintball gear came from motocross.
Hitmanng