PDA

View Full Version : My backup decision

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I have finally decided on what backup I am going to get. I think I am going to go with a teflon coated p/f classic mag. Now, my question is what upgrades? I dont have any need for the intelframe features...so no need...I dont want to spend the money on the xvalve, and sadly the lvl 10 must wait. This is what I was planning on doing first:

Benchmark body rail
BEnchmark trigger frame
Benchmark milled ASA
Benchmark mini foregrip
System X drop w/ on/off
freak back for my pre-existing freak.

Does this all sound good ? I have a HALO B, how bad will it chop without level 10? PLEASE be honest about that, I really dont want to get a chop machine. Thanks for your help AO.

EDIT: Also, anybody with stock matrix experience...inform me please. Where is the cheapest place I can buy one? Also, I have a 45/45 tank , roughly how many shots will I get off of a full tank? Are they REAL bad about chopping (again, this is stock and I have a halo b) Thanks again AO'ers!

SlipknotX556
03-12-2003, 10:20 PM
As long as the Halo B is running, you wont chop. I was using my emag with no level 10 last saturday and shot roughly 2000 with no chops at all. The halo will prevent is from choping because of its feed rate. No matter how hard I tried to chop, I just couldnt.

As for the other upgrades you have, only thing I would change is the benchy frame. Its my own opinion that the trigger is to long and hard.

vese91
03-12-2003, 11:18 PM
i thought the x valve has a level 10

SlipknotX556
03-12-2003, 11:28 PM
It does, but as he quoted.

Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I dont want to spend the money on the xvalve

askman
03-13-2003, 01:43 AM
I had led matrix, and it was an airhog. Even after I got the red aardvark bolt, I was only getting 700-800 on my 68/4500. I did not think I got 30% improvement, may be extra 100 round. I got 600-700 or so stock. I went back to emag. did not like having lots of orings to take care of. Only thing matrix had going was low pressure, no chop, and level 10 took care of that anyway...

PsychoBaller
03-13-2003, 02:26 AM
As I have an SFL Emag.... it is its own self backup to itself.... errr... yah....

But anyways.... I'm looking into a GZ Timmy for the future when I get some avail funds to pick up a used one. My Rutgers Teammate has one, and its just pretty.

~da baller

joeyjoe367
03-13-2003, 02:26 AM
With a Halo-B, you most likely will not chop at all. That doesn't mean that you won't get the breach breaks tho. You'll have to watch the paint you shoot; make sure it's not too brittle.

xen_100
03-13-2003, 03:20 PM
good luck getting the benchmark stuff. I have been waiting 2 months for a bodyrail.

-=Squid=-
03-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Well that turns me off lol...I am actually thinking of ordering me a matrix...Still not sure though.

askman
03-13-2003, 07:14 PM
for a price of matrix, you can find an used emag. that is what I did. I've seen it with LX bolt for 600 or so used.

it is good option.