PDA

View Full Version : Real nice Short Film

ubooze
03-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Well, i'm Polish and when someone from Polands has their fil nominated for an Oscar, I find out RAEL quick.

The Oscars this year have nominated a short film titled "The Cathedral" or "Katedra" in Polish. It is directed by Tom Baginski and his digital arts company.

Now, all I have to saw is that this film is stunning, and amazing. I highly recommend that ytou people watch this animation. If you go onto Kazaa and type in the keyword "katedra", you should be able to find the film.

If you watch it, let me know what you guys think of it.

Also, the 2nd episode of "The Animatrix" has been released. It too is a very good animation. You can find it at www.theanimatrix.com. Heres a link (http://www.theanimatrix.com)

Tron
03-12-2003, 10:55 PM
The movie is so good we should all hop on Kazaa and steal his work? :rolleyes:

-Tron

ubooze
03-12-2003, 10:59 PM
I am not going to force you to do anything, and yes, this movie is very good.

I highly doubt that you or I will find another chance to see this short film outside this "theft ring". :rolleyes:

If you do have a chance to legally watch this movie, I do encourage you to do so, but you must be extremely lucky to have that chance.

AllAmericanMag
03-13-2003, 06:23 PM
I just watched it, I thought it was very good, and very well made. In the credits it said that it was based on a short story by someone, does anyone know what short story it was?

And on a side note, I'm Polish too, and I'm going to Poland/Hungary in just over a week. Yay!!! :D

Smoke
03-13-2003, 07:31 PM
I saw a really cool film in my film class called "Decasia". It's awesome. The director took footage shot like in the 1910's and put it to some creepy music. I was actually a bit freaked out. The original footage was shot on nitrate film, and over the years has decayed and now has like holes, lines and whatnot on it. Almost looks like a Photoshop or Aftereffects thing, but it's not. Anyways, you should check it out, if you can find it.