PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball II

JJBrookshire
03-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Please note that if you are signing up for this year's game and want an AO bunkhouse let me know. The bunkhouses are going on a first registered first reserved basis. I can set one aside for AO for every 20 player's identifying themselves as AO members. There is only room for 500 in the bunkhouses so they may go fast.

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 10:40 PM
i'd have to know info about the event, i havent seen ANYTHING. i must be blind

JJBrookshire
03-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Announcing SPPLAT Attack II

SPPLAT Attack II is being held at EMR Paintball (www.EMRPaintball.com) on the weekend of August 29th-31st. Whether you choose the team lead by William Shatner, select the one commanded by Tom Kaye, prefer signing on with Mancow or join the Raiders (celebrity commander to be announced soon) this promises to be a very memorable experience. The Shatner Big Scenario Game will be the centerpiece in a weekend of activities that will include a night game, convention, post game celebration and more. The SPPLAT Attack II Game itself will begin on the morning of the 31st with players able to pick up their commemorative jersey and "sign in" beginning on Friday the 29th. The 29th and 30th will be "open play" days with NO ADDITIONAL FIELD FEES (if you need rental equipment you will need to pay for that on those days) for those registered for the SPPLAT Attack II. Multiple brands of paint will be available at prices starting at only $60 per case. This is a field paint only event with proceeds going to support William Shatner's charities.

We will cutoff registration at three thousand players and have room for 500 to stay in bunkhouses on site. You may also camp and park your RV on site provided you reserve space. We will not post the number of slots remaining but will simply stop taking registrations when the time comes. This is being done to prevent people from waiting to the last minute before registering. We need to closeout the registrations well in advance of the event date so that we can order jerseys for each player in their required size. So please register at your earliest convenience. Once you register you will receive information regarding special prices on local hotels, car rentals, camping reservations, bunk house availability and more. Please visit www.spplat.com/f_prereg.cfm to register for this year's event.

Creation Entertainment (www.creationent.com) will be hosting a "mini-convention" on Saturday August 30th at Binghamton, New York's Forum. This is an old Vaudeville theatre that has been meticulously cared for and promises to be a great place to "convene" the day before THE game. There will also be a major paintball trade show going on at EMR with many of the industry's leading manufacturers present throughout the weekend. So whether you are a a die hard Trekker, a hardcore Scenario Player or simply don't want to miss round two of what many described as Paintball's event of the year in 2002, sign up now and make plans to make history.

J.J. Brookshire
Director

thecavemankevin
03-12-2003, 10:52 PM
sweet EMR....might have to make the trip up for that one :)

BTAutoMag
03-12-2003, 10:53 PM
put me down as a maybe. if i get into the navy i minght be in boot camp at that time

Richter
03-13-2003, 12:52 AM
so what does a bunk house consist of? Running water? Electricity. I don't know about you but in the heat of august if it don't have at least electricity then it will be quite uncomfortable for people.

Jerhew
03-13-2003, 01:52 AM
most have electricity
no running water though
they certainly aren't anything special
but we always stay in one...hey it's a free roof over yer head...

Tyger
03-13-2003, 05:00 AM
I'll be there. One way or another, I'll be there.

The wonderful wife wants to come this time, so it'll all be cool. Is it not a 'Trek game this time? The team names are distinctly un-trekish? It's cool, hopefully Shatner's team won't stand out in the woods this time.... :)

-Tyger

TheJester
03-13-2003, 06:22 AM
i'm gonna say put me down as a maybe too, i want to go like whoa, and EMR is only an hour and a 1/2 away, but i'm only a kid, i don't know what's goin on that far away, and i'm having a hard time saving up a hundred bucks. how ever, when i do get a hundred saved up, i'll talk to the 'rents more about registration...hopefully with in a month i'll be able to do that.

manike
03-13-2003, 06:29 AM
I'm gonna be there :) Although in a hotel I think... :D

vf-xx
03-13-2003, 08:12 AM
So bunk houses are Free? we just have to reserve a space in em?

How is it going to work?

Muzikman
03-13-2003, 08:59 AM
I'll be there, but I'm with Manike...HOTEL! So, Simon, where you planning on staying? Binghamton, NY? I say we take over the Two Guys Restaurant & Motel;)

manike
03-13-2003, 09:05 AM
Jason if you know where to be I'll share with you :)

digitard
03-13-2003, 09:17 AM
There's an "official roll call" in the "Scenario Games" forum for this with info/etc

Sincerely,
Dave K

LaW
03-13-2003, 09:18 AM
i'll be there for sure but like most I am going to be in a hotel :)

datapimp69
03-13-2003, 09:38 AM
We need to settel on a hotel SOON so we can get all the rooms, before they are gone.

i know there are atleast 5 comming with me.

we need to do this SOON.

PzYcO
03-13-2003, 10:02 AM
bunkhouse = poopoo

ill be spending my nights in a hotel =) mmmmm nice comfy hotel :D

Yamz
03-13-2003, 10:32 AM
if i can take leave from japan cutting the cost anyway would help but taking leave when the world is standing by for war is most likely no goin to happen

Wc Keep
03-13-2003, 11:01 AM
m tagging along with the crazy brit.

circus5
03-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I'll be there, but i'll be staying in the "pimped out" bunkhouse occupied by team DOTW. What team is TK leading anyways?

Darkstorm
03-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Shouldn't this be in the scenario forum??? Put the traffic over there so everyone sees the other scenario posts also.

Star_Base_CGI
03-13-2003, 07:27 PM
I need a bunkhouse or a camp site for Team Shatner.

I have a 3 room tent and I would be happy to camp with AO but I think it would be best if I have my own Camp site, which I would share with 2 other shatner fans or more.. Not sure if we could find 20 Shatner fans to fill a bunkhouse. My Name is Bill and I*m a preregistered. I sent you a memo. My EMail is Websuspect@hotmail.com

Thanks JJ.

WARPED1
03-14-2003, 12:43 AM
I saw a post on ws.com, that Mancow got a call from Bill and he seemed to hint at a "camelot" theme, can this be confirmed JJ?

MantisMag
03-14-2003, 04:08 AM
it's only a model.

WARPED1
03-14-2003, 07:27 AM
Tell me again the theory that the world is bannanna shaped.

Star_Base_CGI
03-14-2003, 07:49 AM
NCC-1701 ?

Muzikman
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Well, I made my hotel reservations. I am staying at the Fairfield Inn in Binghamton, NY. The hotel is about 25 miles north of the field so the travel will be about 30 minutes. This is the closest REAL hotel I could find. (If someone knows of one closer, let me know). I have August 29-31 reserved, but depending on if I can get off work Thursday I am going to try and drive out then (Hell , Cooperstown is only an hour away).

Fairfield Inn Binghamton
864 Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
607-651-1000

$99/night for two double beds.

wyn1370
03-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Well data says he's got us a room in the same hotel as you. So let us begin the take over.

manike
03-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Yeah baby! PARTY! :D

Muz is one of those beds mine?

Muzikman
03-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Simon,
If you want the other bed, it is all yours.

Rob,
Do you know if data called the hotel? I plan on calling when I get home from work and see if there are any discounts for the event. When I was talking to Blue at Skyball he was saying he talked to the hotels, but he never said if there was going to be any discounts.

I havn't traveled enough over the last 6 or so months to build up enough nights at any one hotel to get free nights:(

manike
03-14-2003, 01:29 PM
SOLD!

To the man in grey ;)

wyn1370
03-14-2003, 01:47 PM
I don't know if he called or not. All he said is that he made reservations.

datapimp69
03-14-2003, 03:23 PM
i called the hotel directly.

they said there was no discount for the event.

i did get a AAA discount.

Muzikman
03-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Ok, cool, thanks for the info, I won't bother calling then;)

datapimp69
03-14-2003, 04:18 PM
that dosent mean they wont work out a deal closer to the event.

or you can allways work out a better price when you get there.

at shattnerball 1 i worked out a deal with the red roof inn when i got there and only payed $29 a night.

Star_Base_CGI
03-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Its pretty hard to beat free.

And now its time for thoughts from Mancow.

Umbra Solis
03-15-2003, 09:32 PM
I pray that I can go, I might even start college 2nd semester for this (that is if i don't go to comunity). and how do I "Identify" myself? Do I just say something like "my name is Umbra Solis, I can't spell, and I am the thread killer?" maby I'll just split a room with my friend...I dunno, to tired to make desions that far in advance. Maby I should concentrate on graduating first...
:p

Timmee
03-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna be staying at the Holiday Inn in Binghamton, NY. It's 84.95 a night, didn't have an event deal, but I didn't inquire about a AAA discount yet.