PDA

View Full Version : Level 10: Wont fire!

GhillieGuy
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
I just installed my new level 10, I have a hyperframe set up. There are no leaks now, but it wont fire, when i push in the on off pin on the hole in the back of the frame it is just pressureized... help?

Tunaman
03-12-2003, 11:42 PM
crank up the velocity till it clicks...

GhillieGuy
03-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Turned it up all the way, also i just noticed there is a verry small leak down the barrel.

guysdaman
03-13-2003, 12:45 AM
try a smaller oring carrier you want the bolt to fit snug on the power tube not to tight that it drags and not loose that if you hold it upside down the bolt slides off...just tinker a little until you get it to work right;) !

GhillieGuy
03-13-2003, 09:56 PM
I put the smallest carrier in and it still dont work...

?

Demobilized
03-14-2003, 12:30 AM
What spring are you running, and do you have any shims in?

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 12:38 AM
I have used all of the springs and none work. I have 2 shimes in and iv'e used the smallest carrier and it still leaks, and wont fire.

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 01:15 AM
YOu need to up the solinoid power. To change the setting, turn off the HF. Press and hold the power button, while doing that next press and hold the other button. This should get you to the service mode. It should say S5 - 07. Press the top button to level 8 or 9. TO accept the settings, press the bottom button. Changing the service mode setting changes how hard the solinoid pushes. Some HF works with the lvl10 and some do not. I have the same problem and did get it to work, for a little while only. Try changing the service mode to see if that helps.

pbzmag

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 06:12 PM
It's not the solonoid power becouse when i push the on off pin in from the hole in the back of the frame it is just pressureized and wont fire.

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Ok, I didn't read that part. My bad. What's your full setup? IE, are you using an adjustable or preset tank? It'll help us more to list what you have on your marker and what they are set at. Also oil up the white oring in the carrier.

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Level 10 set up: Smallest carrier, 2 shimes. I have a preset screw in 68cu 3000psi crossfire tank. Thats basicly it becides the hyper and gas thru set up.

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Is your tank filled at least 1k? I noticed that when it gets under 1k, the lvl10 starts to drop off. If it is more than 1k, when you turned the velocity all the way up, did you push the sear from the hole?

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 07:39 PM
What's 1k mean?

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
What's 1k mean?

Is it filled up at least 1000 psi.

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it is.

hitech
03-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Using the smallest carrier is a bad sign, esp. if it leaks. Try the carrier tuning process over again with a DIFFERENT oring. You want the largest one that does not leak. Then you turn up the velocity until it fires. If it will not fire, it probably has to small of a carrier providing to much friction. Also, start with the smallest spring until you get it to fire.

You may need some new orings.

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 08:47 PM
What do you mean different o-ring? And what o-rings do i have to replace?

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 08:56 PM
I put in larger carriers and it does the sme thing but leak alot down the barrel.

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Basically restart the lvl10 installation all over again with a new power-tube oring. Its the white oring you put in the carrier. Start with the 1.5 carrier and new oring. Gas up the system and check for leaks. If it leaks, change to the next smaller size carrier. If it doesn't leak, you can tune the shims. Add one shim at a time until it leaks. When it leaks when gassing up, you have to many shims. Take out one shim. Next is the spring tuning. Start with the longest spring. If it doesn't fire, bring up the velocity until it does. If it vents in the back, change to the cut spring. Make sure that the cut end point to the bolt. Bring up the velocity till it fires. Pretty much, the average user is using the 1-1.5 carrier, 2 shims, and the cut spring combo. Also don't forget not to use a barrel while tuning. Some people reported that some barrels are too tight. The bolt is slightly bigger than the lvl7 bolt.

Edit - Here's the installation guide for anyone else having problems: http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I re did everything. I have the 1.5 carrier, 2 shimes, and the middle spring. The on/off pin is just pressureized, should i add in shimes? At this point i'm verry fruteated with my gun!:eek:

pbzmag
03-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Don't add shims. Shims are used to there to start the low pressure stage. You either have something stoping the bolt or don't have enough pressure. To see if the bolt fits in the barrel by putting the bolt in the barrel. Also check to see if the bolt also fits in the retaining washer in the bolt. To check for that disassemble your marker and slide the bolt in the body without any else. Your doing these because the diameter of the lvl10 bolt is slightly bigger than the older bolt. It could also be the on/off pin to long. Too long of a pin won't allow the sear to clear the bolt lip. The things that I did notice about the lvl10 bolt are that the diameter of the head and lip are slightly larger. If I were you, I'd use all stock parts. Stock on/off assembly, stock grip or any mechanical trigger. Also don't use a barrel when tuning the lvl10. When you have the lvl10 working, add one aftermarket product one at a time. Starting with the barrel, then the HyperFrame. If it doesn't fire with the barrel, then the bore is to tight. If it doesn't fire with the HF, either the on/off pin is to long or the solinoid trip time is to short. Make sure that the on/off pin is .750 by using a caliper. If you don't know how to measure it, bring it to a local store.

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 11:38 PM
That does make sense about the on/off pin. At this point thats what i'm going towards as what the problem is.

pbzmag
03-16-2003, 02:01 AM
What the status of your lvl10 install? I just read up on the crossfire regs and they have two different versions. The red base reg is high pressure at 800psi while the blue base is low pressure at 450psi. I found it here: http://www.crossfireinc.com/news.asp . I'm not sure if it applies to the 3000 series. Better bring it to a pb shop to verify the output pressure.

GhillieGuy
03-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Still havn't got it to work yet. My crossfire tank is pretty old and the reg is green. I dont really know what this means, but maybee i should contact crossfire.

pbzmag
03-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah, contact Crossfire and ask them what the pressure rating on the green regs. From my tests, lvl10 stops firing at 600psi. I'm using a 68/3000 Flatline set at 800psi.