PDA

View Full Version : Maxflo vs Flatline

afrankart
03-13-2003, 02:02 AM
I am going to get an x-valve for my classic automag, but first, I wanted to get an adjustable nitrogen tank, and was wondering which you guys prefer. Also I was wondering if I could just buy the flatline or maxflo reg and swap it for the preset centerflag reg on my 68/4500 bottle? Thx for the input

Quiet
03-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm going for one or the other myself. From what I've seen the flatline is lighter and a little smaller, but the Max-flo has slightly better gas flow (consistancy). And of course the prices are about the same.

I'm kinda leaning towards the flatline personally, but the max-flo would be easier for me to get, so I might go the other way.

afrankart
03-13-2003, 12:18 PM
do you know anything about switching the regs on my bottle?. I have seen maxflo regs for 250 for just the reg. I was thinking about using one of those in place of my maxflo reg. I was just wondering how difficult it is to swap these.

mykroft
03-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Get an airsmith to do the switch.

The Flo's more consistent and flows a bit better, but it's bigger.

On a Mag, you don't really need a 'Flo, since you are double-regging by default.

afrankart
03-13-2003, 12:41 PM
In that case, wouldn't adding any adjustable output tank be double regulating? i am just trying to find a way to get a cheap adjustable tank with using what I have

Dayspring
03-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Actually, adding ANY nitro tank would be double reg'ing on a mag. And it's not a bad thing. It makes the gun THAT much more consistent on a shot to shot basis.

TheTramp
03-13-2003, 01:17 PM
The Max-Flo really comes into its own when set for very low pressures with the LP spring (lower than 200psi).

I'd get a Flatline for your mag as it works prefectly in the higher ranges that you X-Valve will like (800-900psi).

Reo5th
03-13-2003, 05:37 PM
I had a really nice maxflo - and hated it. Gave me nothing but problems. If you want an adjustable tank, go flatline, they're awesome.

ciscokid
03-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Same here i presently have both a Maxflow and a flatline...Maxflow im going on my second repair kit and flatline is still running smooth...in selling the maxflow and getting a new flatline...so i vote for the flatline