PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for MicroEmag users . . .

Remington
03-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Okay, so I'm thinking of getting a used MicroEmag, but first I have some questions:

[list=1]
Is the MicroEmag's body the same as a MicroMag's body?
How well does the stock barrel work?
Is it a pain to have to take off the threaded barrels in the middle of a game(I'm a lover of the twist-lock so level with me)?
How much larger is the MicroEmag compared to an Emag?
Is the MicroEmag's board interchangeable with an Emag's board(i.e. can you switch the MicroE's board with an Emag's board)?
Is a special version of the Level 10 kit required for the PTP valve(like the SFL's) or can you just use a standard Level 10 kit?
[/list=1]

I know I sound like a newb but I want to make sure I don't get myself into troubled waters with this. Please answer the questions as throughly as possible so I can judge what path I'm going to take, thanks.

John

*Oh yeah: If I ever need something fixed on it could I send it in to AGD or does it have to get sent to PTP?

cphilip
03-13-2003, 03:58 PM
[list=1]
Not realy as it its milled a bit different in the front for the battery for one thing.
Eh...well no one realy uses it too much that I know of. Its big bore and riffeled (heh) but its not that bad. Its a bit loud. Works alright. Pretty efficent gas wise. Its Armson.
Well put a level 10 in there and not a problem. Same as any Cocker barrel though.
Well its a bit lighter. A few ounces. But remember the body is the rail on this too, so you have to compair the two from the emag.
Yes
No same kit
[/list=1]

It takes a while different length on off pin and the ball detent is proprietary too.

pbguy888
03-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Phill is the on/off the same for micromags? Cause I have the one from the x valve in there now. thanks.

Remington
03-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Phil - If I ever needed service for it(if I got one) could I send it into AGD or would it have to go to PTP instead?

cphilip
03-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Yes its the same but there may be a few older style tops in some of them. I never seen one in a Micromag but I not ruling that out. Only AGD maybe could tell us if they sold any Valves to PTP that had that old style on off top.

If its got the black Quad oring in it its the same. Its just the length of the pin is different. If someone wanted to use a new X valve in there they could just by changing the on off pin.

Remington
03-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey Phil, don't you own a MicroEmag? Have you ever had any problems with it?

cphilip
03-13-2003, 05:50 PM
I would not send it to anyone but AGD. And beg them to fix it.

I do own one and it was broken when I bought it. The previous owner had all sorts of trouble with it. Seems his attempts to fix it made things only worse. I got it so cheap it was worth the risk. He couldn't sell it like it was. It wouldn't even shoot at all. I paid him $550 for it and had to drive up about 2 hours north of here to get it. He felt that the board was probably gone. But it wasn't. And when I got it I found numerous problems with it. Not knowing a lick about them I sent it out to BlackVCG and he fixed it all right up. Seemed the plunger rod had no lock nut on it and had come way out of spec. The on off pin was wrong too and the battery posts were improperly installed. After all that was fixed it rocks and is extremely reliable so far. Its one of the Nickel ones.