PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline milling & beyond...?

GuyWithAMag
03-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Recently I was admiring the milling on the Adrenaline imulse, and suddenly I started wondering if that milling would be possible to perform on a slug body...

Now, I don't know if they have anything preventing anybody from duplicating or mimicking their milling, but I think it would be great if one of AO's resident machinists could do this. I know Nicad has something somewhat similar in design...how difficult would it be to adjust to perform Adrenaline's spiral milling and if it wasn't difficult and there weren't any legal issues involved then could this be performed for of course added cost?

Considering that, let's take this one step further...would Adrenaline maybe be able to create custom sluggo's, and if they were to do that, what would keep them from creating something like an Adrenaline Mag? They already create their own .45 frames, gas thru's, etc. I doubt that it would take too much effort to put their milling on a sluggo, and if they were to do this, how would that affect AGD and how would they feel about this?

I'm interested to hear anybody's opinions/responses concerning why this would or would not work. It just suddenly popped into my head and I decided to post this so I could be further enlightened. :D

Remember, this is all merely hypothetical....(also, anybody around here game in the KC area?)

Python14
03-13-2003, 05:17 PM
I would give away one of my kidneys to the Shriners if they gave me an "adrenalin mag".

manike
03-13-2003, 05:35 PM
What could I sell a kidney for on the black market? :D

Adrenalin milling isn't that tough to do, you just need a machine with continuous 4 axis capabilities.

I could do it, but I try not to copy other people's looks or designs.

Might want to e-mail Adrenalin and ask if they are interested in doing it. The shape of the sluggo body would make it very easy to do the adrenalin type spiral cuts.

GuyWithAMag
03-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Email sent! Thx for the response Manike.......I love my mag, and was planning on purchasing a sluggo for it, so I was just considering some different options for adding a little cosmetic flare to an already incredible product.