PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh, NC

Derman2k
03-13-2003, 05:58 PM
My sis lives in Raleigh now and she said there were 2 fields within like 20 mins of her. They were Gotcha Paintball and Predator Paintball...anyone ever play at these? they have really good prices...

Kevmaster
03-13-2003, 07:55 PM
ive played both (im in sister town, Durham)

Im REALLY not a fan of either. At Predator, the service is ok, but the fields are bad. At Gotcha, the service is the PITS and the fields are pretty nice.

I recommend Triangle Paintball (www.trianglepaintball.com). Im great friends with the owner and love the place. Give me a shout out if youre coming into the area and we can try and meet up to play

Derman2k
03-15-2003, 06:59 PM
That would be cool...but I kinda doubt I'm up to your level of play...but if you still wanna it would be cool

johnny dee
03-16-2003, 07:01 PM
KEVMASTER is right.. uhh lets see ive played at gothcha, action tagg and my home field...i like yo say BLACK RIVER PAINTBAL in fuquay varina..like kev said...let us know if you wanna play, im always lookign for someone new toplay with

Kevmaster
03-19-2003, 09:23 PM
yeh, im down with playing all skill levels. Its open play most days so the teams get broken up all even and such

johnny dee
03-20-2003, 04:17 PM
let me know when yo guys are going to play, i wanna get in on this action.

NCpaintballer
03-25-2003, 02:19 PM
I've been playing down at Black River for about 8 months now. It has pretty good fields and good customer service. I was lucky enough to get a job down there recently and like it a lot. We're actually in the process of redoing a lot of our fields. We just picked up a 10 man Hyperball field last weekend, and are working on getting a 10 man Ultimate Air. Right now we have a 5 man ultimate air, two pallet courses (5 and 10man), and 3 woods fields. You can buy paint from us or BYOP. You can check us out at http://www.brpaintball.com

Another really good field (but its a little longer drive) is Real McCoys down in Princeton NC. They have a really nice air field, a hyperball field, and several ball wall and woods courses. They attract more of a "tournament crowd" than some of the other fields in the area. The paint prices there are great too. On their tournament days you can pick up Anarchy for 40/case! I know some of the players/refs there, they are pretty cool guys. http://www.mccoypaintball.com (their site really sucks! sorry :D)

I've never played at Gotcha but a couple of my friends used to play there a lot and really liked it. I hear they have good fields.

Other local fields that I know of include Action Tagg (stay away, very far away!) and Predator. I used to play at Tagg a few years ago and you couldn't pay me to step foot on in their store or field. They have some decent woods courses, but their customer service is atrocious. I've not heard much about Predator though.

Kev, where is Triangle Paintball? I have never heard of them, is it new? Also, is it BYOP?

Let me know if you guys are going to get together, I play every weekend and am always looking for new people/places to play!

johnny dee
03-25-2003, 08:22 PM
NCPAINT....when are we gonan get together and shoot each other...ill prolly be out there in like a week or so.

NCpaintballer
03-25-2003, 08:42 PM
I ref this Saturday, I will be playing out there Sunday. Probably next Sunday too. If I get my Impulse back from Smart Parts by then I'll let you try out the emag :D

johnny dee
03-26-2003, 02:51 PM
ah dude sweet....more than likely next sunday

lilc8un
03-26-2003, 04:20 PM
the only place ive played at around here is gotcha a couple times.
i think they have great fields, and i wouldnt say their customer service is bad. but its just that most of their refs are about 12 years old, and dont take it seriously.
i was playing there once and got shot out, so like the honest guy i am, i graciously put the condom on and started walking off the field. while doing so, i noticed the 2 refs (both in that age group stated above) picking up balls off the ground and throwing them at each other :eek:
i dont see a lot of cheating going on at gotcha, but it could easily be done:mad:
they do however have a special noob weekend, the first weekend of every month, people that dont own equipment get to rent, get 1 tank of air, and all day pass for 5 bucks. thats the only reason i like going, cause i do bring some friends along

im thinking of playing at some other places.i hear a lot of good things about black river, and not just whats written above. how are the prices at triangle? i probably wont be able to play this weekend, but most likely the weekend after 5th and 6th. let me know if anyone wants to play

Kevmaster
03-27-2003, 07:54 PM
NC,

Triangle is half way between Raleigh and Durham on Highwy 98 off US 70. its BYOP (w/ small fee). If ya wnana come up and play, the staff is the best staff in the area. I dont like the people anywhere but Triangle...and Im a fellow Field manager...that says something when the two of us arnt down each others throats

NCpaintballer
03-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Thanks, when I can get the rest of my team off I plan on checking you guys out. Can you give me some general info about the field? Like types of fields, paint, prices, etc. Also what is the best way to get there from say Highway 70 in Garner?

Thanks!
-Jason

Kevmaster
03-28-2003, 03:09 PM
if you're coming from the raleigh area, get on I-40 towards Durham/Greensboro. then take the US-70 exit towards Durham/Greensboro (this will allow you to avoid going through Raleigh). Then get off US-70 at the Highway 98 exit. Once you get off the off-ramp, take a LEFT. If you cross train tracks within 1/4 mile you're going the right way. Then go about 7-8 miles on Hwy. 98. Triangle PB has a small sign on the RIGHT side of the road. It's up a steep drivewy.

Prices, i think $10 All Day Air, $5 entry, $10 byop, paint...im not really sure.

They have three woods fields and a GREAT hyperball field(best one ive ever played--ive played PB Central's) and a pretty decent Sup Air. Sup Air is kind small though.