PDA

View Full Version : pumpmag problems

cougar20th
03-13-2003, 08:10 PM
well my pumpmag is leaking when uncocked. went to the shop. tryed different powertube spacers and none worked. actually seemed like both smaller and larger made it leak worse. the one in it now is a .220. its a new sear, new sear pin. im using a minimag valve. the valve works in semi but it is easy to short stroke. i oiled the on/off to make sure it wasnt sticking. the on/off pin is the same length as my friends classic is. any ideas?. im having the local shop look at it next week to see if someone that knows more than me can figure it out. im just getting fed up with it.

GhillieGuy
03-13-2003, 08:39 PM
How old are the o-rings?

cougar20th
03-13-2003, 08:56 PM
cant really say. just got the valve recently. it was a used valve. possibly my problem.

GhillieGuy
03-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Try a rebuild kit and oil it up and she should work..;)

askman
03-14-2003, 01:54 AM
definitely replace the power tube O rings first. I have a pump mag as well. I have it setup with intelliframe. (i know it is overkill, but wanted to keep it mostly all agd) barrel is armson.

athomas
03-14-2003, 09:29 AM
If it is uncocked and leaking, then the problem may be in the on/off assembly. Check those o-rings.

RamboPreacher
03-14-2003, 01:37 PM
zactly.
the first thing in troubleshooting is make it work "normaly" - remove the pump stuff and see if it goes in normal semi condition. sounds like a chipped, or loose oring.

Strider
03-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by askman
definitely replace the power tube O rings first. I have a pump mag as well. I have it setup with intelliframe. (i know it is overkill, but wanted to keep it mostly all agd) barrel is armson. Go Armson! Hehe, the SSR looks nice on there...

If only I could find a small bore SSR... :(

Otis
08-06-2003, 12:19 PM
i actually have the exact same problem with my pumpmag i just got it yesterday.. haven't had a chance to look at it but i'm almost sure it's the small teflon oring in the on/off not the one at the bottom but the press into the metal peice on the on off.

i could be wrong

cougar20th
08-06-2003, 06:40 PM
i ended up just replaciing all the orings. the one that was leaking was among them somewhere.

Strider
08-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Go Armson! Hehe, the SSR looks nice on there...

If only I could find a small bore SSR... :( Well, while this is up...

I found one. :D