PDA

View Full Version : Sweeet Gheto Mag

paintballbeaver
03-13-2003, 09:08 PM
this is my almost complete mag yeah all i need now is a center fed body and i'm in along w/ an x-vlave then its on enjoy the body was ghetoed up after i got realboard one night and decided to do a little touch up w/ my dremel then i powder coated it an ugly orange so no one could steal it

Grayso
03-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Wow. You're an idiot.

-=Squid=-
03-13-2003, 09:14 PM
wtf...

Punisher
03-13-2003, 09:28 PM
He's a WHAT?

Let's see here......

Home made grip frame
Home...err...trimmed body
Home powdercoated

Looks like a pretty damned cool project to me. Has the AOG deteriorated that much that an obviously ingenuitive project gets these kinds of responses?

Ryknow
03-13-2003, 09:29 PM
thats very interesting... wonder if it will shoot good or not w/ the feel of a 90* frame on a mag.

Grayso
03-13-2003, 09:30 PM
I think he's an idiot. He wasted time and money to make it look like crap.

Brak
03-13-2003, 09:49 PM
hey, as long as it shoots, whatever floats your boat is fine. i can assure, you though, nobody will steal that abomination...

ChucktheMAGician
03-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Brak
i can assure, you though, nobody will steal that abomination...
Preach it brother!:D

Load SM5
03-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey it looks a bit nasty but God knows I could'nt do better. I'm pretty impressed with the frame.

ß.C.
03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm digging the frame! I'd be proud of that, and based on what people are saying you won't have to worry about anyone stealing it ;) The powder coating can be better though, you didn't have to make it that sloppy on purpose . . .

joeyjoe367
03-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Punisher

Has the AOG deteriorated that much that an obviously ingenuitive project gets these kinds of responses?

Hmmm... "ingenuitive" ... good way to describe it :)

Hey, if you like the gun, more power to ya. I couldn't do half of what you've done right there.

Oh, and AOG hasn't deteriorated at all, I don't believe. We just get an injection of "stupid" every once in a while from the other forums.

Punisher
03-13-2003, 10:37 PM
We just get an injection of "stupid" every once in a while from the other forums

Ahhhh...the infamous PBD bleed-over?

mykroft
03-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Grayso, I've got 2 mag's that look about as ghetto as that.

Gotta hand it to the guy, custom frames are not trivial, and that's one of the better customized bodies I've seen(milling-wise).

Better than the dumbass who cut a hole in the body of what's now my Retro, just to see the bolt move.

Mag Master 04
03-13-2003, 11:02 PM
POOR POOR MAG...im diggin the 90* bit, clean it up a bit and the frame wil be cool. but sonny why whould you put a mag througfh that sorta pain...my mag is lookin aty that and is crying and begging me not to do that to it...and im saying ok.:rolleyes:

JEDI
03-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Grayso
Wow. You're an idiot.
Wow. You should go away, so the rest of us can retreive the small useless amount of server space being wasted on you.

Hexis
03-13-2003, 11:51 PM
What's the point of posting a 1329x1057 pixel image when the only content is 692x551?

Somone just found their way onto my ignore list...

warpfeedmod
03-14-2003, 08:20 AM
is that valve at the back squared off?

Hexis
03-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by dansim
have you ever heard of broadband its a new thing, i mean you might not have even cable you heard of cable, no, im sorry heres your helmet back go headbut stuff.

Ah yes, the wise speak...

I don't have a problem with connectivity personally, I have a problem with somone buffering a small image with a huge border of white space, which simply wastes space and bandwidth for no reason. A lage image with content is not a problem, a large image with a huge border is whorthless.

I would buy you a clue dansim, but I just can't seam to win that lottery, and it sounds like I would have to a few times to afford a clue large enough for you.

JAM
03-14-2003, 09:24 AM
well, to get the thread back on topic and away from flames-

I think it's cool that he went that far with it... It's not my style, but who cares? he obviously likes it. i'd like to see some better pic from a couple angles. and his thread title is accurate- that thing is GHETTO.

-j

RamboPreacher
03-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Seems that some folks are just plain insensitive. I am with Punisher, here - this project shows alot of inginuity. I don't personally like the 90o frame, but I can absolutely appreciate the work and pride that is in this project.

I am not a machinist, nor do I claim to be a airsmith, but I have done alot of tinkering and home-projects and doing something on your own and with your own hands and tools is something to be proud of.

paintballbeaver - I laud your work and imagination here. I do suggest that you learn something about photocropping, though, before posting.

For all the flamers, and nay-sayers - I would encourage you to try something that unique and imaginitive on your own and see what it looks like - and buying pre-made, aesthetically pleasing, parts and assembling your "tricked" marker, does NOT count.

yeahthatsme
03-14-2003, 11:14 AM
nah their not being insensitive, their trying to be cool by being mean, its nice that you guys wanna fit in and all, but in this case, just stfu.

thats one awsome frame though man, but that body milling..i dunno...looks unstable to me...but whateva boats your float.

Xen
03-14-2003, 11:20 AM
AO is full of too many people trying to kiss everyones ***. I tell it like it is and i think it looks like garbage, sure its different but it sucks. I rather buy parts than make them ;O

cphilip
03-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Xen your behaviour lately is getting out of hand. I am warning you.

And to the rest of you flammers out there that had to start stuff here shame on you...

Closing this one for the good of all people everywhere!

Webmaster
03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I wanted to add something before we close this...

ever put a model plane or car together? I bet your first time didnt look so pretty. You probably had glue glopped here and there, decals crooked, and paint that ran or pooled up.

Its not easy to make stuff - so if it doest look like a finished X-mag when you are done you shouldnt be surprised. I am sure some of Punishers first works werent the caliber they are today.

So you all should think about that before you put someone down. It maynot be pretty - but I bet the guy learnd something and the next project will be better.

And if you dont agree with that, then take some mom like advice and if you dond have anything nice to say - dont say it.