PDA

View Full Version : Cocker question?

Shawn at suny oswego
03-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Ok i know this is an automag forum and i know that this is an automag tech area but the little writing under the forum name said:

This is the forum for trouble shooting your Airgun Designs products, including the Automag, RT, E-Mag, and WarpFeed. Also a great place to ask technical questions about non AGD products.

Ok so here is the question: i know the old autockers (pre 99) are diffrent from the new autocockers(post 2k), How are they diffrent? what parts will work on both? What will not? is there anything that u can do to change it?(ie milling)is there anything else i should know?

Thank you

mykroft
03-13-2003, 10:36 PM
The differences (Apart from milling) between a 98-99 cocker and a 2000+ cocker are:

Bolt length, 2000 bolts are shorter than 98/99's (And longer than 99 STO bolts). The bolts are interchangeable as long as you also swap back-blocks (2K bolt requires 2K back block and vice versa).

valve chamber size, 2K's have a larger valve chamber and are better for building LP guns(Especially for mini's, which were effectively HP only until 2001, there were no 2K minicockers). Valves themselves are compatible between 2K and 98/99 cockers, as are all internals

Banjo bolt/front block. The 2K has a much larger diameter banjo bolt (Legacy of the valve chamber size), so front blocks and banjo bolts are not interchangeable between 2k and 99 and earlier bodies.

Trigger plate and gripframe. 2k and later cockers have an STO trigger plate, 2K VF and 2K1 and later cockers also have the STO 45 frame. All cockers from 98 on use compatible frames and trigger plates, 97 and earlier cockers use incompatible frames and trigger plates (interchangeable as a unit, but 98 stule trigger paltes do not work in 97 style frames, and vice versa)

Note that this applies only between 98/99 cockers and 2K and later ones, 97 and earlier cokcers are mostly the same as 98/99's, but may have some differences (Trigger frames, plates changed between 97 and 98 as well as the velocity adjuster), 99 STO's have some minor differences from 99 cockers(P-Block and shorty bolt,a s well as 45 frame and VF, and milling of course).

Pneumatics have steadily improved, but continue to be compatible accross the entire product line, barrels (except for STO/Outkast/Orracle/BM) continue to degrade.

Shawn at suny oswego
03-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Tank you very much two more questions?
The "Banjo bolt", what is it? Can u mill it out to fit the 2k's? or do u just have to use pre 2k frontblocks?

What is the change from pre 2 k frontblocks to post 2k? does it really matter?

Koosh
03-16-2003, 03:44 PM
You probably got the question answered already, but...

The Banjo bolt is what connects the frontblock to the air chamber. The Bolt also directs air from the valve chamber to the Pneumatics reg so it powers all the pneumatics of the gun.

Like mycroft said, there are too different sizes. You can mill a Pre-2k cocker to have a post-2k size valve chamber and banjo bolt, but that wouldn't make much sense... easier just to buy a different body.

You can't mill out a pre-2k banjo bolt to a 2k standard, that would require making it much bigger, which I don't think you can do.

Shawn at suny oswego
03-17-2003, 01:16 PM
thanks a ton.