PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Micromags

Mr Pink
03-14-2003, 06:30 AM
I'm in the process of buying a Micromag and need to know a few things first:
1. Will an E-mag valve drop-in and work properly, or am I going to have to mess about with the on/off assembly.
2. Will an I-Frame fit the Micromag, or is there a double trigger frame readily available (UK)
3. Is the Micromag easily re-annodised? (not essential, but would be nice:) )
4. Are there any known problems with Micromags and level 10's?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Pinki:D

speedyejl
03-14-2003, 07:00 AM
1 An emag valve will work fine, you just need to get an on/off pin from a Retro Mag (online store)

2. I think Micromags use a RTpro frame, ask PTP on that

3 Micromag is pretty easily re-annodized, there is a steel insert which has to be removed first. Not that big of a deal

4. Not problems with Micromags, but it seems when people purchase Micromags a lot of them are lemons.

Mr Pink
03-14-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks for that - gotta buy more Markers!:D :p

athomas
03-14-2003, 09:01 AM
All mag valves will work in the micromag, except for the old RT valve.

Any trigger frame that will fit on a standard automag will fit a micromag, although yu may have to be aware of the ASA adapter on the front. Some frames may have to be filed a bit on the front to fit properly. The I-frame will fit. I think the newest I-frame fits the best. I had a standard automag frame on mine and had to file the front of the trigger guard to remove about 1/16" of material.

The micromag is not easily re-annodized. It has a steel insert that cannot be removed. The insert is knurled around its outer diameter. This allows it to bite into the aluminum body preventing removal. That being said, you can use a laquer sealer to prevent the steel insert from being eaten away by the annodize process. You can have it cromed quite easily.

The tolerances on the micromag aren't quite as good as those of the AGD mags but they can all be made to function with a few careful adjustments.

The level 10 bolts have been known to be tight in the micromag breach. All you have to do is sand the inside of the steel insert where it catches. I had one of those micromags that the level 10 bolt wouldn't fit. It works just fine now.

Dynamo55
03-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I have a X-mag and a micro and I switch valves out all the time. No probs! I love only having AC barrels too. Its like haveing 2 1/2 markers.