PDA

View Full Version : low velocity and the LX

anthraxxx
03-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting the lx. my question is can it run properly at low field speeds? i play indoor and our field is capped at 230fps.

what are ways to bring it down to lower speeds? all i know of is shorter spring (aside from turning down the velocity nut).

thanks.

Dayspring
03-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Actually, to run at a lower velocity, running a longer spring will do it. The spring is counteracting the force of the pressure behind the bolt. The longer the spring, the more force.

Edit- 230? You'd be better off throwing it at each other. ;)

athomas
03-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Actually, to run at a lower velocity, running a longer spring will do it. The spring is counteracting the force of the pressure behind the bolt. The longer the spring, the more force.

Edit- 230? You'd be better off throwing it at each other. ;)

?:rolleyes:

:)

When you turn the pressure up so the gun will shoot, it will shoot at a higher velocity. Use a shorter spring and turn the pressure down and you can shoot at a lower velocity. If you can't get to the lower velocity without the gun stopping from shooting due too low a pressure on the LX, you can cut back the shorter spring and lower it even further.

The end result is that you can run the LX at a low velocity. You should be using quality paint though, because it won't break as easy at that speed.