PDA

View Full Version : Sluggo fitting on an RT?

Bront
03-14-2003, 03:40 PM
I asked this before, but was told that the title may have thrown people off.

I'd like to fit a Sluggo on my old RT (Not RT Pro).

What would need to be done to the Sluggo, and what would I need to do to my RT?

I've gotten a responce from one dealer I asked, and he wasn't sure.

PzYcO
03-14-2003, 03:42 PM
done to the rt... get a new rail, frame, and valve? =P hehe nah im just playin i dunno really but i dont think it will fit..

Evil Bob
03-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Nope, wont fit. Old RT's have about zero options for an upgrade path. The RT Pro, can since it uses the same valve size and rails as the rest of the product line.

-Evil Bob

Bront
03-14-2003, 03:54 PM
The valve isn't sitting inside the body on the sluggos though. I know you can mill an RT Pro body to fit an RT (Carve out the Quick Strip Pin hole to occomidate the Banjo Bolt), so why not a sluggo?

Gecko
03-14-2003, 03:57 PM
trade in your old rt valve for an xvalve (go xvalve program, your old valve and $225) + your choice of sluggo body = RTXSlug
think your rail will still work, i'll call up the agd techs

Evil Bob
03-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Old rail won't work due to the banjo bolt being 3x wider then the normal valve bolt.

This is right from the Go X-Valve page (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=19&CATID=5):

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Warning: The X-Valve will not fit into an Automag RT. (It WILL fit an RT Pro.) If you have an RT, please do NOT order an X-Valve.

So, no, you cannot swap the valve out using the "Go X-Valve" program.

-Evil Bob

Bront
03-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Even if the Rail would fit, I'd need a new Quick Strip bolt, Trigger Frame, and I've already got a Level 10. Plus, that's increasing my cost by an additional $200. For that price, I should almost just be looking for a new RT Pro with the X-valve and then later buying a sluggo

Gecko
03-14-2003, 06:11 PM
just need to make a bushing to fit into the rail and gripframe. easy fix

Evil Bob
03-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Yep, sell the RT either here or on Ebay for what you can get for it, then buy an RT Pro and you'll be set.

I'll be listing two RT's here in the next couple of days, I'm stuck in the same boat you are :(

-Evil Bob

Brak
03-14-2003, 07:04 PM
talk to FESTUS, he makes sluggos that fit RT's, last time i remember.