PDA

View Full Version : Dye Sticky 3 Suck...garbage

DaddyDik
03-14-2003, 04:13 PM
After cheking out the sticky 3 grips on www.dyeprecision.com I bought a set for 25$ off ebay shipped. It was a good price for something that looked good on the site.

The pics on the website are VERY flattering but in reality they are cheaply made and look like a *toy* grip instead of a professional looking item like the sticky2. These are no where near as good or durable as the sticky2. They are made to break and to require you to buy more and more of them.

I put them on my cocker's eclipse blade frame without any problems and they went on very easily. I left the marker out to look at it and the next morning the back of the grips started tearing on both sides. The tears are along the sides that hold the extra peice of *grip* that protects the back of 45frame and that wasnt on the sticly2. I never even shot the gun or did anything except hold it to get a feel for them.

I called DYE about it and am still waiting for a reply. If any of you are planning on getting these i say NO and wait for them to fix this problem before you have the same problems I had.

-=DD=-

speedyejl
03-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Try before you buy

Personally I think that they tried to make them look too "space age" or something around theirs. I think I'll stick with my SP gels.

askman
03-14-2003, 04:29 PM
there was thread on this. from what I remember, the dye had problem with their manufacturing and the dye that they were using, and they will replace it for free.

DaddyDik
03-14-2003, 04:31 PM
here is the total marker.

-=DD=-

The Frymarker
03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
A few people have inquired that I should make these.

Personally I don't like the design. When you think about it, there are so many different frames out there. In order for them to fix the problem they would have to design a grip for each model.

It wasn't that well thought out.

pito189
03-14-2003, 04:59 PM
I will admit the look very pimp. But what you really need is a pair of these bad boys. Frymark original.

http://web.utk.edu/~pchinett/newe.jpg
http://web.utk.edu/~pchinett/newe2.jpg

JAM
03-14-2003, 05:51 PM
They don't need to make a diff version for every frame, just come up with a flexible material that is somewhat strong.
As is, they are a joke. They look sweet IMO, but I have yet to hear one favorable review excpet for the first night people install them.

I say stay away.
-j

shartley
03-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes, Heather is correct.

And when I make my stickie grips they will not be designed with a back strap. I may even try to make custom ones for each type of grip frame… we will see.

CpSuPeRkId
03-14-2003, 07:32 PM
omg guys i hear ya. my brother just got sticky 3s and he tried putting them on his impulse. as soon as it got on the frame it tore on one side, instantly. then 4 minutes later the other side went. we just tore the whole back part off and now it looks like complete garbage. also in the front where the grooves are for your fingers, its tearing right down the middle. also, they look like crap too. make your gun look like a toy. DO NOT BUY THEM!!

FalconGuy016
03-14-2003, 07:49 PM
I dunno :) I really like how they look, you just need it to match with the color of your gun better. However with all these problems, I guess it blows, eh

(man im not a "blow" kind of person, but I said it 1000 times today without thinking... dont you hate it when that happens?)