PDA

View Full Version : Question on dye boomstick & all american

bill braski
03-14-2003, 07:29 PM
which length boomstick is the most accurate for a nitro mini w/ rt & lv 10?
AND
how much better, if at all, are the boomstick than the all american?
AND
what paint brand will be most consistantly accurate in a boomstick and all american?

Riot[Z-Grip]
03-14-2003, 07:34 PM
1. Anything 10" or bigger.
2. No.
3. Whatever paint matches the ID of the barrel.. (I think that most Boomsticks are .688 and AA's are .689..)

SlipknotX556
03-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Anything that is over 10" is gonna be the same accuracy.

For the best straight shot, just match the bore size to the barrel.

Boomstick blows the AA out of the water in performance.

FalconGuy016
03-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

Sorry I disagree :) I think they are about the same really

TippmannMan
03-14-2003, 08:38 PM
i think at this point the pinnacle of barrel technology has been reached by the top level barrels :p one may be "better" than the other but not drastically. just get the one you think looks better you cant go wrong either way.

PzYcO
03-14-2003, 08:52 PM
ive had 2 AA's, Single peice AA 00 barrel and now 2 Piece AA 02 Barrel w/ freak tip..they just plain own

BajaBoy
03-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Anything that is over 10" is gonna be the same accuracy.

For the best straight shot, just match the bore size to the barrel.

i have to dissagree (sp) ive had a freak AA and a pre 2pc AA and then my friends 14" boomy, the AA rocked it.. looks and everything.

But im not sayin the boomstick is bad lol its still up there

Temo Vryce
03-15-2003, 11:31 AM
The best barrel length is 12" - 14". ANything less and you're letting too much air escape and the ball doesn't have enough time to stablize in the barrel. Longer and you're wasting air to push the ball that extra few inches.

I don't know if one is better than the other but it seems to me that everyone and his brother thinks that this product is better than that product for this reason. Pick the barrel that you like for looks because I'm sure that you won't really notice that much of a difference betwee them.

The best paint to use? Pick a brand that fits the best and stick with it. ;)

SlipknotX556
03-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Yes but from my own opinion, I have used and owned both, the boomstick is better.

wimag
03-15-2003, 12:46 PM
i owned both and kept the AA's.

Mook564
03-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
The best barrel length is 12" - 14". ANything less and you're letting too much air escape and the ball doesn't have enough time to stablize in the barrel. Longer and you're wasting air to push the ball that extra few inches.

I don't know if one is better than the other but it seems to me that everyone and his brother thinks that this product is better than that product for this reason. Pick the barrel that you like for looks because I'm sure that you won't really notice that much of a difference betwee them.

The best paint to use? Pick a brand that fits the best and stick with it. ;)

Temo Vryce is correct on all accounts. If you are worried about paint to barrel fit for accuracy, you might want to look at a barrel kit. If you play diffrent fields that all run diffrent paint, this might be the way to go. Both Smart Parts and J&J make barrel kits that fit Mags.