PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag leaking

ChucktheMAGician
03-14-2003, 10:18 PM
I have a Centerflag 301 and it's leaking between the main housing and the top, where it is grooved. It's hard to explain the exact part but if you have an adjustable Centerflag it's the part at the end that has flat panels and looks like a wrench could tighten it, not the part you turn to adjust the output the part around that. Anyway it's leaking and I didn't know if anyone had some experienc w/ Centerflags or some suggestions. I plan on calling CF Monday but if I could get it fixed before then that would be sweet.

Psycho Chicken
03-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I have a hyperflow 201....If it's the part i think it is you can take it off with a wrench, it's part of the rebuilding process. First suggestion is to take a big cresent wrench and try to tighten it. I can't remember if the 301 has an on/off, if it does then don't worry, but if it doesn't bleed the tank first for saftey sake. I'll look around to see if i can get you more info.

ChucktheMAGician
03-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I stole a pic off ebay. The leak is coming from where the 2 parts meet. I couldn't draw an arrow so i just put "Right here" to show where the 2 parts meet.

Psycho Chicken
03-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Ok i just checked and you do have an on/off, so i would actually unscew it and check the piston and o-ring. make sure no dents scratches or bends, then lube (shocker) and put back together

Psycho Chicken
03-14-2003, 10:34 PM
go to centerflags website to see how the 301 and 401 are put together. www.centerflagproducts.com .....Hope this helps

ChucktheMAGician
03-14-2003, 10:44 PM
I just found a cut away on Centerflags site. I unscrewed it earlier an used some dow on the pistons o ring, still a leak. I'm assuming that there is an o ring, represented by yellow dots, between the 2 reg body parts, gray and dark gray?

Psycho Chicken
03-14-2003, 10:50 PM
give me a few i'm just gonna bust out with mine...do you have AIM if so look for Nosfuratu77 ....that's me