PDA

View Full Version : dye gas thru grip

kabal
03-14-2003, 10:48 PM
hi,
i just installed a vertical bottle adapter on my mag. however, when attempting to screw in my dye gas thru grip it wouldn't screw in. it is as though the threads arn't the same. i checked and they appear to be the same so i don't understand the nature of my problem, aside from the fact that the grip won't screw into the vertical asa. any suggestions would be appreciated.thanks in advance.
-sean

frost
03-16-2003, 11:08 AM
just go to ur local shop and have them take a look at it i dont know about anybody elses local shops but mine kicks butt everyone there knows what there doing they play on a team and **** but yea take to ur local shop and have them take a look at it i got a aci gas thro grip in my automag that i just bought the day brfore and iam sure they which a aci for a dye if the dye dont fit in idk mad all gas thro grip and regs and x cambers there 95% of the time the same threads i dont know if that will help but go and see its worth a shot

Russ
03-16-2003, 11:15 AM
kabal,

It should fit with no problem. Perhaps there is a burr/damaged thread on either the grip or in the adapter. Also, a drop of oil on the grip's O-ring might help. Sometimes it's tough to get the O-ring to fit up in the adapter.

frost, try using sentences! ;)

Tunaman
03-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Put a small dab of Dow33 grease on the threads and orings. This will stop galling of the threads.

gortman
03-17-2003, 12:23 AM
dont, and I mean DONT file down the threads. It will mess your gas thru up.woooops;)

kabal
03-17-2003, 07:15 PM
well, i called dye and they gave me the run around. then they blamed the problem on AGD-saying that they got sloppy regarding the tolerances of my vertical adapter and their products are ALWAYS machined to "extremely high tolerances" which is why the grip won't screw into the adapter. they did however, give me the option of sending in my AGD vertical asa to them so they could "custom machine" a fore grip for me. this could take "weeks", though.
-sean

kabal
03-17-2003, 08:41 PM
ok, i just got a call from dye and they said that i would only have to send in my defective gas thru grip in and i would recieve another one. no problem with that, seems fair enough. after multiple call though. i suppose the squecky wheel gets the greese.
-sean