PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on a 2k Intimidator?

athomas
03-15-2003, 02:18 PM
A friend of mine wants to buy a 2000 intimidator. Don't ask. He just likes the look and he knows about the weight issue.

He doesn't know that much about them operationally and I don't either. Are there any concerns over the electronics or parts that wear out prematurely? How about efficiency?

Any help or information would be great.

Thanks.

-=Squid=-
03-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Assuming you are talking about a Classic, they are great! The trigger is one of the few differences between the new ones, oh ya, and about a 800 dollar price difference. I had one and loved it, and a team mate still has one and loves it. Just slap a freak, and a good drop and thats all you need to do!

SlipknotX556
03-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Not trying to be rude, but you might want to go to www.pbnation.com and go under the section titled "Bob Long", ask their.

mykroft
03-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Operationally, they're a Bushmaster. A 2K Timmy is literally a Bushmaster's internals modified to fit a modified Spyder-clone body, with an Eye and LCD added.

The boards are compatible, but the internals are layed out differently (A 2K Timmy uses the same body extrusion as a BL Millenium, which is a spyder clone.)

The Eye on the 2K's is a bit iffy compared to later markers (Including the newer timmy's).

And you'll want to pick up WAS's board (Yeah, the claims made by WAS are a little pie-in-the-sky, but it's about the bets timmy board in existence)

athomas
03-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Not trying to be rude, but you might want to go to www.pbnation.com and go under the section titled "Bob Long", ask their.

I ask here because I trust the honesty of this board.:)

lopxtc
03-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Well not to bash AO.org, but some of the best info you will find on the Timmy is on pbnation ... you have Jim from paintball kingdom who is one of the best timmy techs around.

I own a classic and wouldnt get rid of it for anything ... got rid of my EMag (Which took for ever to do) so that I could go back to one. I myself prefer the classic to the 2k2's or newer timmys (Aside from the special additions) ... the grip while odd looking is quite comfortable. Also the dual regs looks better in my opinion and seems to be functionally better, allot of people with single reg'ed system are buying dual reg front ends for this reason.

I own a classic with a WAS board, WAS eye, and WAS trigger switch and it is a very light, fast trigger set up this way.

As for wear out ... I have not noticed anything wearing out any faster on this marker then on any other. Keep it lubed (Dow 55 throughout the marker, and tri-flow on o-ringed delrin bolts) and you shouldnt have any problem. About the only thing that is got a wear issue is the bumper on the back of the ram, but this seems to be an issue with the GZ's and later models of the timmy.

Efficency ... well to be honest I have never cared to measure, as long as I can shoot what I carry on the field I dont care ... on a 2k lbs fill on my 68/4500 I was able to shoot a hopper and four pods, so thats about 800 shots or ~1600-1700 on a full 4500 fill. Pretty damn good in my books.

Electronics ... never had an issue with the electronics. Basically there are three boards ...

1) The select fire board (Stock on classics)
2) The SOB, single only board (Stock on GZ's, and newer base model timmys)
3) The WAS board board (Now Stock on all "named" model timmys)

The WAS board is the way to go since it has the highest cycle rate of any of the three and full control over how the eye works, trigger debounce, and cycle functions.

Feel free to give me a PM if you want more info.

Aaron