PDA

View Full Version : Scepter Barrel Kit (new style) = NICE!

rdb123
03-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Well, today I received my 12" new-style Scepter kit from Top Choice Paintball.

I used it at the field today, and it performed really well; looks a lot better than my Ti-Boomstick too!

If you don't already own one, buy one today. ;)

I'll post up pics of it on my SFL tomorrow.

-Ron

Johnny_Reb
03-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Ya Ive been lookin at Sceptors recently and couldnt find any info that said they fit standard mags. I checked their site and found nothing. Do you know if they fit the basic mag?:confused:

omni
03-15-2003, 09:05 PM
No scepter in Twist Lock!! :(

FalconGuy016
03-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Doesnt tunaman have twist lock sceptors... or someone on these boards?? or am I completely wrong:confused:

ß.C.
03-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Sorry FalconGuy016, the manufacturer doesn't produce them in twist lock. It's sad, trust me I did all the searching for automag barrels.

Johnny_Reb
03-15-2003, 09:49 PM
WHAT!? no twistlock? That's not cool.:mad: :(

Surreal
03-15-2003, 11:12 PM
when i get my impulse back, with milling and anno, i'll get my scepter too with matching anno'd front to the fade i'm getting. i have the old style back, and new style front, which is sweet :) best of both worlds..

rdb123
03-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
i have the old style back, and new style front, which is sweet :) best of both worlds..

That wouldn't work I don't think...

Surreal
03-15-2003, 11:19 PM
it better. i got it directly from a dealer, and he told me that an old style back, new style front, and new style inserts would work. if it doesn't, i'm going to be pissed. lol

NCpaintballer
03-15-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm glad you like it Ron! We need pics :D

I wish they would make them for mags too. I have been bugging the guys down at Powerlyte about them but they are a small shop and it costs so much to re-engineer them for mags. I tried to get them to cut their Speedline series to fit centerfeed mags too. They couldn't do it for me :(.

NCpaintballer
03-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
it better. i got it directly from a dealer, and he told me that an old style back, new style front, and new style inserts would work. if it doesn't, i'm going to be pissed. lol

Yes, the backs are interchangable. As long as you keep the new style inserts with the new style tips they will work in either back. The old tips and inserts will work in the new style back as well. The only exception in either case may be with Autococker kits with 14" fronts. There is a tolerance issue with them and some will not work. If you have a problem call up Suzette at Powerlyte and they will fix it for you. Their customer service is some of the best in the industry.

FooTemps
03-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Um... doc nickel makes cocker to mag adapters...

Dayspring
03-16-2003, 02:32 AM
In time my friends. In time. :)

Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Doesnt tunaman have twist lock sceptors... or someone on these boards?? or am I completely wrong:confused:

magman007
03-16-2003, 05:36 PM
ok, so what exactally is new about them?????

Dayspring
03-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Instead of the front of the barrel going around the outside of the insert, the insert goes around the outside of the front.

They also tapered the nose of the muzzle break somewhat.

Also took out the window so you can't see what insert is inside.

autokokcer
03-16-2003, 07:01 PM
now whats with sudden change? does the old style tips and fronts have problems?? if someone can find out , or know, why that would be great cause i'm sure present owners would like to know.

NCpaintballer
03-16-2003, 10:44 PM
The reason why they changed:

The back: Smart Parts has the patent on the barrel window for the freak. Powerlyte had to remove it or face a lawsuit.

The front and inserts: Powerlyte has a machine at their factory that could slightly turn the old style inserts. This new design is almost impossible to move while the barrel is assembled. There is nothing at all wrong with the old style inserts. There is no possible way a human being let alone a paintball can cause them to move while the barrel is assembled. Both designs still lock in and align perfectly everytime. Why they went to all the trouble to fix something that wasn't even a problem I really can't answer that. I guess they just wanted to perfect their barrel design.

Some people also complained about the way they old style tips looked. Since they were redesigning the tips to fit the new inserts they decided to change the cosmetic design as well. It is just now slightly tappered instead of being so squarish and blocky. If anyone has seen the barrel tip that comes on the outkast cocker it looks similar to that. It retains the same side by side porting design that the old scepters and speedlines shared.

rdb123
03-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Also, I would think that the window to view the insert would structural weaken the barrel at a few certain points leaving it prone to breaking if you smack your gun into the bunker at the 50.

PsychoBaller
03-17-2003, 03:46 AM
I just got my Scepter like less than 2 months ago from da Tunaman... and they already go out and change it..... sigh..... I always seem to be one step behind....

~da "my resale of the scepter just plumitted" baller

(hehehe.. not that I'm selling it anytime soon... it shoots DARTS!! ).

thecavemankevin
03-17-2003, 11:37 AM
well, i just won a certificate at a trounament for a scepter barrel system...but all i shoot right now are mags. So i figured that i would get it in cocker threads that way if i get an x-mag or slug boddy down the road....or heck even a cocker i would already have a nice barrel system.

Tell me more about the mag to cocker adapter please

warpfeedmod
03-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by NCpaintballer
The reason why they changed:

The back: Smart Parts has the patent on the barrel window for the freak. Powerlyte had to remove it or face a lawsuit.

wtf? Does SP sue everyone over everything? It's a freaking milled window for crimmineys sake. How do they patent the "window"? I mean c'mon. What's next? Are they going to patent the o-ring and then everyone that uses it will get sued?

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Here's the pics that I promised.

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:31 PM

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:32 PM
...last one.

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:34 PM
And there you have it: the new-style 12" cocker threaded all aluminum Scepter Kit!

I opted for the 3 insert set since I already have barrels sized for .688 and .692.

I got this kit at a modest price from TopChoicePaintball. (NCpaintballer is the guy named Jason that works there).

I highly recommend them.

-Ron

If you want pics of it from a different angle, feel free to post up. Thanks.

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Poop.... forgot this last pic. hehe ;)

Enjoy!

NCpaintballer
03-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Sweet, I love the SFL!

rdb123
03-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Too bad the polished SFLs scratch easily. If I have a hand covered in sand on the battery pack during a game, when I leave the game, I have a few scratches on it. =\

-Ron

nato
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
I got a J&J Edge kit instead for my SFL. If I am not happy with it then out the door it goes. Otherwise I want to keep it b/c I wanted the chrome barrel to match my chrome lookin body. I'll get my SFL pics up once the J&J Kit comes in the mail. Nice barrel though! By the way... why havent you sent your SFL into AGD to get on/off switch, lvl10 (sfl style), and ACE?!?:D
N.A.T.O.

rdb123
03-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Lol, I was the second SFL to get the ACE, on/off, and level10 -- just that they messed up and stuck me with a standard Level10 bolt and not the special SFL one.

Take a closer look; you'll see I have the on/off switch. ;)

I just leave the yellow pin on there so I have an excuse to keep on bending my hose that way. Plus, it works as an additional safety. =)

-Ron