PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations fo Womens apparel (ie Pants)

Swtchks
03-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Can anyone recommend some pants that are fit for women?? The ones I have seen all have crothes to the knees. Help!

FutureMagOwner
03-15-2003, 09:26 PM
im confused whats a crothes?

cphilip
03-15-2003, 09:33 PM
thats a cross between clothes and crotch.

I am kinda partal to paintball ladies in thongs... :D

And welcome to AO Swtchks!

FutureMagOwner
03-15-2003, 09:36 PM
well then who wouldnt want a crotch that goes to the knees?;)

anyway i would think any standard pants should be fine

cphilip
03-15-2003, 09:39 PM
well me niether so maybe she will gets some input from some of the other ladies here.

Load SM5
03-15-2003, 09:40 PM
I don't think there's such a thing as female specific pants. Capo and the rest of the Femme Fatales seem to do fine with Dye pants. The smoked pants looked pretty good, too.

Python14
03-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
well then who wouldnt want a crotch that goes to the knees?;)

Why stop at the knees?

mykroft
03-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Try the Nexed's.

Bea Youngs didn't seem to have any probnlems with them at Skyball.

Swtchks
03-17-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the help you guys. I will check out both Dye and Nexeds(?) apparel and see what I can find.

Thanks cphilip for the welcome :D

I only recently started paintballing (about 3 months ago) and love it!! WooHoo!
Are there a lot of women on this site??

wyn1370
03-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Swtchks
not compared to the # of guys

cphilip
03-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

not compared to the # of guys

True of any Paintball site I guess. But Chicks dig us more and more...

wyn1370
03-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
But Chicks dig us more and more...
if by "us" you mean everybody but you and me, or by "more and more" you meant not at all, then I completely agree with you

TheJester
03-17-2003, 02:54 PM
actually they do make womens pants, have no clue how good they are (cause well, i'm a guy) but i think they would be kinda pointless, every girl(the few that i know that play) do fine in JT's, Dye's, or nexed.

here's the link to the women's DYES
http://www.xpaintball.com/dye20womulpa1.html

Originally posted by Swtchks

there's some, capo 1 of the most noteable of them, frymaker is female as well(judging from her "grip gurl" title) there's def more guys on here than girls, just cause paintball is very much a male dominent sport. but there's plenty of girls on here, there isn't just those 2. but more and more girls are getting into the sport every day, which i think is cool

Clare
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
actually they do make womens pants, have no clue how good they are (cause well, i'm a guy) but i think they would be kinda pointless, every girl(the few that i know that play) do fine in JT's, Dye's, or nexed.

those are actually really thin wind pants, I have a pair and I know that they would rip in an instance if I took them out on the field.

I haven't had any problems using dye pants..they may not fit me perfectly but they're comfortable.

cphilip
03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

if by "us" you mean everybody but you and me, or by "more and more" you meant not at all, then I completely agree with you

Speak for yourself wyn! :D

wyn1370
03-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Speak for yourself wyn! :D
now don't go kidding yourself, we all know how well the candy routine worked

The Frymarker
03-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Pants. hmmmmm

Well I'm not a tourney player more of a rec player, hopefully this will change in the future, but what I use is regular black tactical pants, they have cinches on the sides so you can adjust them to your size. They are pretty thick and durable. Stops the sting a little.

The crotch doesn't go to the knees, infact it is snug but a little roomy.

I like the fact to that they are closed tie at the bottom of the leg so I don't have to worry about tripping if they are too long.

Pretty good deal for $26.

Brazen
03-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Whoa... found you guys again! And there's a current girl topic to boot! Even if it is only discussing pants. hehehe

I have the 2002 Dye Core pants and they are pretty good. If you want details, I have 3 main issues with them:

1. SOME nameless soul dried them in the dryer instead of hanging to dry, and I now have high water Dye pants.....
2. They are size XS, but the waist is still too big so I have to cinch them in with the side velcro straps, which is ok until I strap on the paint harness, which hurts by the end of the day, having the bunched up velcro thing smashed into my skin on the sides by the pack.....
3. The mesh netting inside that is like the inside of men's swimming trunks is TERRIBLY hot and sticky in the summer (especially here in South Carolina!!). In fact this summer I may just cut that crap outta there. :p

I recently tried on a pair of Small Draxxus pants and boy did THOSE fit nice!!! They weren't deemed "women's" pants, but they sure did fit nice. The length was good, the waist was perfect with no cinching. They were pretty thin, and had no special pocket for a swap/squeegee... but nice pants nonetheless. :D

The Frymarker
03-20-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey Brazen do you know I drew that pic, it is a pic of me:D

Brazen
03-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Really! Get out! LOL I found it on another paintball forum sometime last year! Do you mind others scavenging it? :eek:

The Frymarker
03-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Ah No I drew it for the Femme Fatales Suzzie for National Introduce a woman to paintball.

That's pretty funny though that it get's past around.

Well I guess you know who the artist is, hehe:D ;) :p

Goon
03-21-2003, 09:33 AM
And that is why I don't do laundry anymore. Much better at getting clothes filthy than clean. And yes I even got Brazen shooting a retro mini-mag now. No more of her showing up at AO meets with the bronze angel. By the way you did look good in those Draxxus pants.

Brazen
03-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Frymarker... Ok, well if anyone EVER asks me, I'll now know who I stole the graphic from and shall say so. :p Also, you say that's a self-portrait? You are mighty perky... hehehe After reading your post, I remembered where I found that graphic... it was on Suzzie's womeninpaintball forum, and it WAS shortly after Introduce a Woman to Paintball day. I wish I could draw as well as you... I'd create my own!

Goon... thanks for the awesome trade. You're right, now I will fit in much better at the next AO Day! No more embarassing ANGEL's in tote. I saw someone (cphilip?)mentioned somewhere around here that they definitely wanted to do another AO Day in South Carolina, and around the same time of year as well. That would be most excellent. :D