PDA

View Full Version : walkie talkies

DoctorStox
03-16-2003, 12:29 AM
ok, i am going to the west point big game and last year it was chaos, i saw my team mates on the initial assault and at lunch, that's it. this year they are running squads so i figured if me and my friends each get a squad and we each ahve walkie talkies we can easily communicate. now, if anybody knows anything about electronics would somebody recommend me something not too expensive yet decent and in the form of a head set or something i could modify to go well with ym goggles, i dunno. throw some ideas at me.

HoppysMag
03-16-2003, 12:53 AM
goe to radio shack, pick up headset for cell phone... find compatible radio... play

heres good quote for ya

"it's all fun and games till somebody looses and eye, then its ping pong!"

DoctorStox
03-16-2003, 01:01 AM
omg, genius! i ahve like 10 around ym house cause nobody uses them

Darkstorm
03-16-2003, 10:11 AM
The boom headsets work really well. You can get them at bestbuy and other places. It connects around you ear and a boom extends down to your mouth. It will fit under your mask just fine. You can whisper and people will hear you.

AutomagRT1483
03-19-2003, 03:06 AM
Talkabout 250's by Motorola are nice. They have 14 channels and 532 coded sub-channels. Ear bugs are availible for it to. You can even set them up to be voice activated, which comes in handy cuz I don't know about you but I don't like trying to push a button when I'm in the middle of a fire-fight ;)

dogEmedic
03-19-2003, 10:16 AM
My friends and I were going to try the vox thing but decided that all of our huffing and puffing would turn on the radios. And adjusting the mikes to be less sensative means you end up screaming anyway.

Alan

Psycho Chicken
03-24-2003, 10:43 PM
actuly with vox huffing and puffing doesn't usualy activated them it's the maker going off. Just my personal experience... Monster game in mi ....every year some on my squad of guys has to bring a vox headset...then it's hey (bla bla bla) bang...what'd you say...and so forth

aaron_mag
04-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Vox does not work for me but one of my friends loves it. A headset is great. Put the Talk About on your belt (I actually have one of those holsters) so you can push the button easily. Communication like that adds a whole new level to the game.:)