PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better back player marker..?

ShatteredFaith
03-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Okay, I'm in the market for a new gun. I have an LX e-mag, but I want to try something new. What gun would be best for a back player? I've narrowed it down to a Matrix, Timmy, or possibly an Eblade cocker. Can someone specify the pro's and con's for each?

The only bad thing I've heard about 'trixes is poor efficiency, and possibly ball choppage. In the newest issue of FaceFull, they ranked the eclipse eblade cocker perfect (5 stars) for both accuracy and ROF. Timmies got 4 stars for accuracy and 5 for ROF, same with matrixes.

So, what does everyone recommend? Please don't say "keep the e-mag". It's cumbersome and I'm tired of waiting for the ULE bodies to come out. Oh yeah and like I said in the title I'm a back player.

SlipknotX556
03-16-2003, 02:00 PM
ok, my friends team has a back player with a 2k2 and a dragon, all I can say is that they can most surrently lay some mad paint down. My suggestion would be a 2k2 timmy. I myself will own one in about a week. The timmy is basically meant for all poistions in my mind.

Gotenks
03-16-2003, 02:02 PM
I would go with a matrix...

IT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THOSE EFFICIENCY MODS THOUGH!!

Curly
03-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Personally i would say either timmy or matrix. The problem with the matrix is that it just doesnt have the efficiency.

I love my Gz timmy. It is soooo fast. With a was board and halo it just rips. Yesterday at practice i would just empty an entire hopper off the break like it was nothing... I love this gun, the problem is that bob longs gus are known for being sloppily manufactured so it is possible to have problems with them.

shade23
03-16-2003, 02:39 PM
2002 timmy

if I was not a mag lover this would be my pick
On my team I have had to play all positions, front, mid, back, tapes and on a couple of occasions Team Element let me borrow one of their timmys and they just rocked, no matter where I was I was able to use that thing to good affect.

FutureMagOwner
03-16-2003, 02:43 PM
for the range you seem to be in id say get a tequila matrix they have all the efficiency mods and such and is the best marker i have ever seen in my life www.aardvarkdirect.com is the site i think

SlipknotX556
03-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Curly
the problem is that bob longs gus are known for being sloppily manufactured so it is possible to have problems with them.

The way to prevent having problems with timmys, is just to clean them after every day of play, oil all the orings after every day of play, then your timmy should remain in tip top shape.

PzYcO
03-16-2003, 03:28 PM
XMag :rolleyes: :)

Curly
03-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

The way to prevent having problems with timmys, is just to clean them after every day of play, oil all the orings after every day of play, then your timmy should remain in tip top shape.

I was refereing to the fact that the bodys are very badly made. Often the ram sleeves do not sit right. The bolts do not sit in the right place, the eye holes are not aligned etc etc. I know how to do maintance on my gun.

Edit: You do not want to oil anything in a timmy. You want to use dow 55 grease.

darklord
03-16-2003, 03:47 PM
A lot of you say "timmy" but obviously didn't vote ;) :D

I voted for the timmy, I have yet to shoot a matrix, but I'd say a tie between the two. I'd say you really can't go wrong with any of the guns you decided upon.

Curly
03-16-2003, 03:51 PM
I didnt vote because for me it is a toss up between the timmy and the matrix.

Wc Keep
03-16-2003, 05:37 PM
i would stick to the emag. my teams back players all use emags and they provide such great cover.

SyntaxError
03-16-2003, 05:52 PM
The back players for my team shoot timmy's, trixes, and angels, and all I know is they keep me in there. All three are very nice, I don't like timmy's much though, they feel "cheap" to me. Emags are very nice markers as well, whatever you play best with works.

madmatt151
03-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey Syntax, is it true that they rent Matrixes at Rexplex? Someone told me this, and I wasn't sure.

RTGuy86
03-16-2003, 08:56 PM
i say get a Race Frame Cocker. teamate has a custom made cocker w/ one, he plays back, he keeps our fronts and us mids in there w/ so much paint and accuracy
and that is what im gonna do for me in the mid.

Cryer
03-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Of these choices, I'd have to say an Intimidator. This weekend, I was at the AOTX meet in Dallas and there was a guy with a shockteck Timmy (not the prettiest in the family, but same board, right?). Anyways, he was railing on that gun like no other. I was amazed.

tobz
03-16-2003, 10:31 PM
stock cocker
2k3 has nice milling
good rof
good accuracy

time it right, you'll be happy

very good prices too!

stock cocker ownage baby.
-tobz

crankydan
03-16-2003, 10:34 PM
I would go with the Tigershark or Talon. Now these are great markers.

Sorry just tired of hearing all the hipe on Timmy's and Trixes. The Cocker is a great gun and has something in common with EMag's and XMags. MECHANICAL, we all have seen those guys when the trons go haywire. I just like the feel of a real marker, one I can play in the rain with and not worry about frying. Just my 2 cents.:cool:

-=Squid=-
03-16-2003, 10:43 PM
I would recomend a custom imp. They are GREAT for back players because of the insane air efficiency (you can throw oogles of paint, I get about 1400 shots on a 45/45!) And they are crazy fast.

Xero
03-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Go with the wicked accurate Shocker......it's a beautiful thing....:D

mykroft
03-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Having shot all of the markers on the list.

LCD Matrix (Comes with the Bolt kit, Trinity and Gun20 chip already, so no upgrades needed), or LED with those upgrades.

If you have Cash to spare, get the NYXtreme Matrix (LCD Matrix with faster chip and eye, fastest marker I've ever seen). This is what GZ is shooting this year. The Punisher milling is dope too( Not by Punisher the Airsmith, but a Punisher logo on the top of the gun).

After that, EBlade cocker.

Timmy only if you don't have the cash for either of the above. It's a nice gun, but it's just not as easy to wail upon.

03-17-2003, 10:01 AM
There is no best back player gun it's preference. Which one do you like the most.

Wc Keep
03-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by madmatt151
Hey Syntax, is it true that they rent Matrixes at Rexplex? Someone told me this, and I wasn't sure.

ive never seen a trix rented at the rexplex. cousins paintball out in long island i know rents trixes.

Dayspring
03-17-2003, 10:48 AM
You're welcome. :D

Originally posted by Wc Keep
i would stick to the emag. my teams back players all use emags and they provide such great cover.

Curly
03-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
You're welcome. :D

Psh Im sure it was all pure luck that Dayspring shot anyone.

;)

Wc Keep
03-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Curly

Psh Im sure it was all pure luck that Dayspring shot anyone.

;)

your right cause thats not his job, except off the break. his job is to help me move and does a good job at it.

Curly
03-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Fine just ruin my making fun of him... I see how it is.

ShatteredFaith
03-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Well poll-wise it's a close race between the cocker and the timmy. I have heard really great things about matrixes though, and am intrigued by this Punisher matrix and the NYXtreme... does anyone have more info or pics? I remember hearing that Ground Zero left bob long for another gun, did this end up being a matrix? :confused:

Evil Bob
03-17-2003, 04:45 PM
This is the best back gun ever made!!! (http://www.tippmann.com/main/hhound/hhound.html) :)

-Evil Bob

oneshot
03-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Its all about feeling, I just picked up a timmy , was surprised by how much I like it, but it will never take over my trix as my number one gun, both are fast, but the matrix has the greatest sound in the world when its shot

try both out and pick the one you like the most

minimag187
03-17-2003, 05:39 PM
I have to agree that matrices sound cool when shot :D

GT
03-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Honestly,

All you need is a gun that is very gas eff, to lay all the paint!!! Range and accuracy is the same with all guns as long as you have a good set of barrels.

An angel is a good choice right now since the fad is matrix/timmy/03 shocker.

jb

SyntaxError
03-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by madmatt151

Nope, we rent Tippmanns and Alley Cats, although that would be cool, wouldnt it:D

Richter
03-19-2003, 01:15 AM
eblade cocker with akalmp internals for gas eff.
also your looking for the marker that will handle the most fragile of paints;imho a low pressure cocker is like having level ten in an mag.

next i would get a matrix because they are so quiet: you can communicate to your teammates better

ShatteredFaith
03-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Hmmm seems like this is in favor of the matrix. I'll definitely have to scrounge up some money for the NYXtreme or the Aardvark matrix. Thanks guys!

TraXeR
03-28-2003, 07:45 PM
i chose Matrix, but i still think there are better markers to use for back player, i think that if i was to choose out of all the markers out there, id have to say a Shocktech bushmaster, its efficient, fast, relatively light, and looks sweet.

Warewolf50
03-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Matrix, the other back player on my team has one(I have an e-mag), and the matrix with the trinity is a uber awesome gun.

twiitch
03-28-2003, 10:50 PM
definately go with teh nyx matrix, or if u cant afford it a matrix with alot of mods (trinity, bolt and board), u will need a larger tank, at least an 88/45, but ur playin back, size of hte tankdoesnt matter alot when ur playi back as longa s it lets u shoot all ur paint

srrdude
03-29-2003, 02:23 PM
e-BLADE!!! TAKE THE EXTRA ACCURACY AND COVER YOUR FRONT PLAYERS!!! i hate it when my back players dont shoot straight...

B00bzor
03-30-2003, 12:56 PM
i would say a shocker. there big but they have very good accuracy

srrdude
03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
they wont be big in 21 days.....

Ov3rmind
03-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Well, of course everyone will play the back best with something different.

However, my personal opinion is Matrix. It's just so insanely fast, and has such low kick, that you can cut down runners on the brake without even trying. With a 68/45 tank, and a bolt kit + efficiency mods, the gun should be efficient enough for most back players.

ReTro Boy
03-31-2003, 07:23 PM
I'd say Shocker.

givemepaintball
05-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Get a Matrix they look so nice and shoot so great. The accuracy can not be beat.

this is me with my Matrix ripping up suckers.:D

With a sandana!!

Digits
05-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Ya I voted for the trix..

My friend has one and he can rip pretty good with that thing.. He's got one of those backwards triggers on it (the ones for the angels) and damn.. I love that thing, it feels so nice, and it just feels natural to rip with it.

xadamx
05-08-2003, 08:30 AM
id say a shocker, you can get them for cheap now that the new ones are coming out. they might be big and heavy but if your playing back you dont need to be moving around quickly all that much. and you can get angel frames put on them if you want to spend the time and moeny :)

Teen
05-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Which ever marker is the most efficient with air, has an anti chop eye, and the one with the highest ROF, is the one to get if your a back player.

beefstew
05-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by TraXeR
i chose Matrix, but i still think there are better markers to use for back player, i think that if i was to choose out of all the markers out there, id have to say a Shocktech bushmaster, its efficient, fast, relatively light, and looks sweet.

Relative to what? every other gun on the planet? The shocktech bushy is the lightest electronic marker on the market PERIOD. Nasty guns, and pretty inexpensive also.

Mr. T!
05-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Wow, givemepaintball, let's not try to rip aftershock off with your looks.

Anyways, get a tipp 98 sniper,with flatline and super ninja commando stock, yeeeehhhaaaa

darklord
05-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr. T!
Wow, givemepaintball, let's not try to rip aftershock off with your looks.

Anyways, get a tipp 98 sniper,with flatline and super ninja commando stock, yeeeehhhaaaa Funny how you mention that, but at a recent tourney there was a team with all tippmanns.... heh, needless to say I got a few bounces off my shoulder that night :)

After buying a matrix, and using it, I can say you will NOT be disappointed at all! Mine is an LED with a bolt kit and trinity, I run it off a max flow (for sale btw :) ), it works awesome.... shoots FAST, little to no kick, quiet as hell, accurate too with a stock barrel (CP is good)... I couldn't ask for more as a back guy. If you get one make sure it has a bolt kit and an LPR though!