PDA

View Full Version : power tube spacer or short stroking??

JediJamminWease
03-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Ive had a minimag for about a year now. Everything usually works great but i always seem to have the same problem. Whether its warm or cold out, if i shooy at a constant rate or rapid rate of fire, the marker will get "stuck" and won't recock. The only way i have been able to fix this problem is to unscrew the bottle from the tank and scrwe it back in again or when using my remote by switching the slide check from on to off and then back again. I don't really know what the term short stroking means, but as i start firing faster i can feel the trigger not coming out as far and getting lighter, sometimes enough to wear it will double fire. I haven't had any success with fixing this. The manual says to buy a new power tube spacer. I was planning on purchasing the level 10 upgrade, does this include a new spacer to solve my problem? If it isn't the spacer or any mechanical component of my marker, what can i do to stop short stroking?

athomas
03-17-2003, 10:17 AM
A level 10 system doesn't use spacers the same as the level 7 bolt. This upgrade would be a great addition.

A thing to check is your bolt spring. When is the last time it was replaced? They will become fatigued. Check the length. The bolt spring should extend past the tip of the bolt by almost 1/4". If it doesn't, then it is worn out and it should be replaced.

If the bolt spring is ok, put a longer power tube spacer in the power tube of your present set-up.

xen_100
03-17-2003, 12:29 PM
also check your regulator section of the gun. if the trigger gets lighter and lighter when you fire fast, then the reg may not be keeping up. it could be that the reg piston needs a new o-ring or that the reg seat need replacement. another thought, it could be that your air system isn't keeping up. what kind is it?

JediJamminWease
03-17-2003, 09:43 PM
i have a crossfire 68/3000. I haven't finished putting a drop on it, so i usually just play vertical. In the summer i will be playing with a remote however.