PDA

View Full Version : ***AGD Pride takes 1st at cpsa event one***

skirts
03-16-2003, 06:23 PM
AGD Pride takes first place (amature) at the first CPSA event for this season...

team Lock n Load also took 2nd place in the amature division shooting all E-Mags...

thats a first and second for airgun teams

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Great job!

Clare
03-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Way to go, Pride!! You all rock! :D

shartley
03-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Good job all! :D

WARPED1
03-16-2003, 06:38 PM
CONGRATS! Way to go AGD guns too! 1st and 2nd!

AutomagRT1483
03-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Go Pride!:D

yeahthatsme
03-16-2003, 07:26 PM
YAY PRIDE!!! good job guys!!!

cphilip
03-16-2003, 07:30 PM
I am not suprised...its what we now EXPECT!!!! :D

Congrats guys and keep it rollin! :)

rpm07
03-16-2003, 07:41 PM
great job guys congrats

AGD
03-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Bump and grind, bump and grind, DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE!!!

Congrats to both teams!!

AGD

kevdupuis
03-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Congrats guys.

willy-t
03-16-2003, 08:19 PM
good job yall

Army
03-16-2003, 09:06 PM
That's what we like to hear:)

Way to go Pride and Lock And Load! Way to go AGD:)

AGDkid#3
03-16-2003, 09:42 PM
great job guys. what teams are playing this year in amature?

rehme
03-16-2003, 09:43 PM
congrats AGD teams!!! good job

magking1971
03-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Well no one has said it yet so....PICS!! WE WANT PICS!!
Good job teams:D :D

Mighty Mike
03-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Congrats....I hope you guys are making a video for yourself. I'd buy it!!

bricsmi
03-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Nice start to the year. :D Congrats

Scooter/Cootie
03-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your support! We were suprised to see so many AO'ers there on other teams, Mags definately had a good representation at the event.

This weekend was the first thaw (60+ degrees) that we've had all year. It also came a week after mother nature was kind enough to dump 10+ inches of snow on us. :p Needless to say, all the snow melted but the ground was still frozen, leaving us poor saps to play in freezing cold puddles and ankle high mud. By the end of the event, everything I owned looked brown!

For the new season, the CPSA changed their scoring method. Instead of a possible max of 100 points, they changed it to 40.

It broke down (and anyone that was there please correct me if I get this wrong)as 3 points per kill, 1 point for each player left alive, 5 points for the first pull, and 15 points for the hang. The CPSA believe that this point system better showed the level of competition instead of getting blown out with a 100 point score. It also allowed teams who were unlucky enough to drop a few games to still be in the hunt to make the finals.

It was definately intresting to play with this system.

We played 7 games in the prelims. The field that we played on was not the greatest so a lot of games went to time. We ended up dropping one game, won two, and the rest went to time.

I didn't feel that our level of play was all that great in the prelims but we soon realized that a lot of other teams were not playing up to par either. However, we were pleasently suprised that we make the finals ranked 2nd.

The finals was a round robin of the top four teams. This is where we buckled it down and really turned it on. I was amazed and impressed with the way that we were able to play for these three games.

Our first game was against the Newbies, made up of former members of Picasso's Riot. This game went to time but we managed to get the flag pull to give us an additional 5 points. It was intresting where in the final 10 seconds of the game, the Newbies had two players left and thought they had shot everyone out. So as they casually strolled to the flag station with the flag, they walked right past my bunker. I turned and shot the flag carrier and then tried to shoot the second player but then time ran out. That saved us from being hanged on and giving the other team 15 points.

The second game was against Fox Force Five, made up of members of Ghost Dog. We rolled this game with a near max of 39 points. I happened to be the luckless guy who got shot and kept us from getting the full 40 points. Oops. :)

Once the smoke cleared on the second game, we realized that the winner of the last game of the finals against Lock N' Load (the other Airgun team) would be for 1st place. There was a 5 point difference in our scores so we would need to make an effort to get either the flag pull or hang in order to win.

After the game started, it soon went to a three on three with me on the left tape, Butch in the center, and Timmy on the right. It looked like this game was going to go to time when with 20 seconds left, Butch make a suicide run down the center. He literally left his feet and dived for the flag with only a few seconds remaining. He managed to snag it, land sideways, and slide for about 15 feet while shooting his E-mag at Lock N' Loads center player. He soon got shot but managed to take the center player with him. And most importantly of all, we had won the game 14 to 9!

We went back to the score table and handed in the scoresheet from the final game of the event. To the total amazement of everyone, AGD Pride and Lock N' Load had tied for 1st place with 66 points each! The tie breaker was determined by the final score of the game we just played. Because Butch made that crazy run down the center with 20 seconds left, grabed the flag, and shot the final player, we ended up winning the entire event. :D Whew! Talk about your crazy finishes. But it's such a sweet way to start off the entire season.

We didn't have a camera with us so I'm sorry for the lack of pics. However, Damage Inc did take a few shots of us after we won so hopefully they'll be able to post those soon.

I want to give a special thanks to National Paintball Supply, which had a trailer there, and Pat from National for cheering us on and making our win feel special. ;)

Also, gotta give a lot of love to Tom and the almightly 'mag's and warp feeds! Wooohooo!! :p

Remember everone, we're doing this for you. :)

skirts
03-17-2003, 12:01 PM
hey scooter,
forest said he was going to be giving out prizes this season
what did you guys win? trophies, or packs and lanyards

congrats again brother, see you soon

has anyone heard how the AGD kids did at atomix?

skirts

wyn1370
03-17-2003, 12:09 PM
troy said it got canceled

hitech
03-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Congratulations! :D

Glad to hear the 'mag teams doing so well. And so often!

:D

Oddball
03-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Prizes given out were BE butt pack w/ 3 tubes for 1st and gun cases for second. The gun cases could fit a gun w/ out tank or hopper on it. Being as the prizes cost about the same, we ended up mixing and matching what we and Lock 'n Load got since some people on both teams wanted gun cases but no one really needed butt packs.

One correction to scooters recount of the final game, each team had 3 alive at the end. It was a 4 on 4 till the end when Butch and the Lock 'n Load center man (I think his jersey name was "Big Daddy") took each other out leaving the 3 live for each at the end. That would give each team 6 points for 2 kills (3*2) plus 3 points for 3 live players (1*3) which would be 9. The pull gave us the 14. We only lost Chupas early and then Butch at the end.

The Am teams there were:
AGD Pride
Lock 'n Load
Newbies (Picosso's Roit)
Fox Force (Ghost Dog)
Swarm
Social Distorion
Damage Inc.
DV8
Biohazard (but they were a no show)

I think Voltage will play Am this year again but they were reffing.

Edit: forgot to list the Am teams

damageinc54
03-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Here is a pic of AGD Pride after the tournament.

damageinc54
03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Here is a pic of Lock and Load

damageinc54
03-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Both AGD Pride and Lock & Load

wyn1370
03-17-2003, 01:59 PM
at least timmy shaved

maglover52
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
man AGD is making a comeback
great job to both teams:)

Skoad
03-17-2003, 03:13 PM
if you guys ever retire your emags to get xmags, be sure to give them to me ;)

Teebs
03-17-2003, 03:34 PM
This was our first tournament playing in Am. Agd pride was our only loss the whole day, and the last game of teh day. Then we find out we tied for first. Too bad the deciding factor was that one game. Oh well good to be on top, couldn,t have lost to a better group of players.

agd pride + lock n load
hmm....ten man anyone?

the photo of us...
back row - teebs - big daddy - zig
front row - dirt eater - stitch

run ziggy!!! run!!

skirts
03-17-2003, 05:42 PM
nice to have you on the forums teebs

i couldnt be there to beat up on you guys this event
ill catch you at the next one... ;)

skirts

tony3
03-17-2003, 08:56 PM
I like the pic of of AGD and Lock n Load:) , also which cpsa event is this?

damageinc54
03-18-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by tony3
I like the pic of of AGD and Lock n Load:) , also which cpsa event is this?

The tournament was event 1 on the CPSA schedule. It was held at Operation Paintball.

Royal Assassin
03-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Are you guys playing anywhere in Washington, Northern Oregon at all?

Royal Assassin

AGDJon
03-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Congrats to both teams. Great work guys. :)

Stitch
03-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Congrats to Pride they put up a tough Battle all the way till the end. But next time we'll have to see if we can't change the order around a little bit, hmmmm like L-N-L then Pride. I think that sounds better any way. Great job to all that plyed in the mud. See you next month Pride.

spore 283
03-20-2003, 04:12 AM
way to go guys lucky the LIONS or KIDS wernt playing.
PRIDE,PRIDE,PRIDE,YOU SUCK. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA keep it up the rest of the events.