PDA

View Full Version : Tom The Tutor

Klay01
03-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Well, I was at the megameet and it was dinner time, after the megameet (Saturday Night). Alright, I was talking to Daroach about how I was going to get an Angel (dont flame me, I was looking into it because of its nice feel). Then Daroach got Tom into the conversation and Tom was asking why I would want it. I told him because of the nice feel, the trigger etc. Well then he started to tell me pretty much everything I needed to know about paintball guns, from pressures to barrels (The conversation ended at about 11:30 in the hotel lobby). Afterwards he had me tell him all about barrels, etc. That way he knew that I had learned something. Ended up, I chose X-Mag :) All the way.

Me
03-16-2003, 06:50 PM
you've been brainwashed......muahaha
u guys get into the eblade at all?

cphilip
03-16-2003, 06:52 PM
hehe.... Another lost sole converted to the way of the Mag. Welcome to AO. The power of the "TOM" is great.

WARPED1
03-16-2003, 06:57 PM
I love my Angel, but I love my mechanical Micromag just as much, except the Benchmark trigger, I need an intelliframe.

Klay01
03-16-2003, 06:58 PM
yes, I think I have been brainwashed haha

Kevmaster
03-16-2003, 07:12 PM
yep. Brainwashed

Matt Crawford
03-16-2003, 07:16 PM
nope..its not Brain washing....ITS THE TRUTH...

(yeah..its brainwashing :) )

Me
03-16-2003, 07:24 PM
did tom say anything about the eblade?

sneakyhacker420
03-16-2003, 07:39 PM
i'm getting an e-blade freeflow this summer... to go along with my nasty impulse and retro/pump mag :p

oh yes, i agree, tom brainwashed you :eek:, but the x-mag IS secksy :D

Klay01
03-16-2003, 07:43 PM
He didnt really talk about the EBlade all that much.

AGD
03-16-2003, 07:52 PM
And what was the last thing I told him? "BUY THE IR3!!" He liked it because of the feel. That is a very good reason to buy a particular gun.

I am looking for more info on the E-blade. If anyone has any info on battery life etc start a new thread.

thanks

AGD

sneakyhacker420
03-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by AGD
And what was the last thing I told him? "BUY THE IR3!!" He liked it because of the feel. That is a very good reason to buy a particular gun.
it is always important to get a gun with a good feel, but the IR3's develop seious bolt-stick problems after a period of usage... and they can't be easily fixed

adam shannon
03-16-2003, 10:21 PM
if a personal conversation with Tom is all it takes to get off the wait list for an X-MAG and get on the field with one i will camp outside his house and ambush him in the driveway for a early morning chit chat....anybody got the address?

AlabamaMan
03-16-2003, 11:25 PM
I met tom about a year ago at an AO meet in Sacramento. Next marker i bought... RT-Pro. All he had to do was tell me about how lvl 10 would work and i was sold. And the fact that he bought me dinner and payed for my and blackvcg's hotel room didn't hurt either :)

Tunaman
03-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by AGD

I am looking for more info on the E-blade. If anyone has any info on battery life etc start a new thread.

thanks

AGD Tom...Talk to Mel about these Eblades and Cockers with Exhaust valves...you gotta see these...I was VERY impressed with what I saw. Downright scary...;)

manike
03-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Exhaust valves can really help a cocker's cycling time. Added to the fact you don't 'need to slow' an electro cocker down because you can time it via the electronics can create very fast and very impressive back blocks...

I found before that if you put exhaust valves on a mechanical cocker you can get it to cycle too fast to load gravity fed paint... but since you can hold the bolt open with the electro cocker this is no longer an issue. It does help make them cycle quicker.

I'm just looking into getting some more exhaust valves for current projects.

Me
03-17-2003, 08:38 AM
where do u get there exaust valves? and I'll deff post something once I get my eblade. I heard theyre nasty

Miscue
03-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Getting info from TK is like sipping water from a fire hydrant... ;)

nato
03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Great analogy! I wouldn't mind having one of these tutor sessions!:p Well, I guess you got a freeB... Lucky!

and yes it seems as though it was brain washing...:D

N.A.T.O.