PDA

View Full Version : Old school RT owners UNITE

Brak
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
i'm currently old-schoolin' it with an old RT, and i think that people are gonna giv me some funny looks when they see this old thing at the field. so, is anyone else representing the old school with an RT? nowadays with all the awesome electros and autocockers, who, other than me, is one of the few and the proud RT owners, and more so, SHOOTERS!

now we need a logo...

bbecker666
03-16-2003, 08:50 PM
You are not alone.... im rockin an old school RT w/ LX, wired Intelliframe, warp w/12v mod., Halo b, Freak, and a 68/3000 nitroduckw/megareg. And anyway it's not what gun you use or what other people think, just make sure you have fun, beacuse if you dont then what is the point? People will rib you a little for using a mag period these days but dont let it get to you, we mag owners know what's up.

wimag
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
hammered off a case and a half today with my Classic RT (LX)
thing just rips. Broke the Bushie out for one game and the ref jumped all over me and told me to pack that POS up and go get my RT :D

Another player wanted to swap guns for a few games to try the RT out. he was pretty stoked, yeah his excal shoots so nice though. mmmmmmmmm

Halliday
03-16-2003, 09:52 PM
I played a game on Sat with an RT. Loved it. If I hadn't just bought an E-Mag...... :rolleyes:

damageinc54
03-17-2003, 01:01 AM
I own this RT. However I use my Emag as my primary gun.

jwren00
03-17-2003, 02:16 AM
i still have my rt, i play a lot of woodsball with it, but use my new angel mostly nowadays. I got my angel cause this thing was too fast! here it is: old school polished pf left, blade intelliframe, and lvlX

Mickster
03-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Have no problems with it as fast as any non electro ive played with. Current set up RT with intelli-frame, level 10, smartparts stainless, 12v clear revy, Flatline 3K with 1.9l bottle. Just been serviced by airguns Europe and is running sweetly. Had no problems playin a tourney yesterday in Sunny England it ran smoothly :D. If i do move on i think it will only be an upgrade to an X-mag

cledford
03-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
I own this RT. However I use my Emag as my primary gun.

This is the nicest RT I've ever seen.

Congrats on a fine looking marker.

-Calvin

rehme
03-17-2003, 11:16 AM
that rt is sweet looking i like it alot

JAM
03-17-2003, 12:49 PM
props to the original RT... my thought for you guys:

damageinc54
03-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by cledford

This is the nicest RT I've ever seen.

Congrats on a fine looking marker.

-Calvin

Thank You! You should see it in person :) I am very proud of it.

Jam, I like the logo. Looks cool!

azzkikr
03-17-2003, 02:13 PM
just this weekend took my RT to the field for a senario game. I loved the faces of some people when they saw it rip.

TheJester
03-17-2003, 02:35 PM
dyslexics of the world UNTIE....sorry, saw the title, reminded me of the shirt

cheetah256
03-17-2003, 02:39 PM
woo! i love my RT. shoots like a dream. the only thing i'm thinking about is getting a lvl 10 to stop the occasional chop...

Brak
03-17-2003, 03:09 PM
sweet! JAM got us a logo! i love your work JAM, and i just saw the sweetest RT in the world (i applaud such a nice RT, damageinc) to boot

land hurricane
03-17-2003, 05:24 PM
yay! finally something for the gun I have! Yep i got one, with lvl x, drop, 12volt revvy, and soon to come intelliframe.

JAM
03-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Glad you like the logo Brak, this might be more appropriate for your sig....

wimag
03-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Damage: you and i must have picked up the smear kit about the same time. This is it's somewhat twin :D

Brak
03-17-2003, 07:00 PM
it can't get any better than this. move over david hasslehoff, JAM, you are my hero

cphilip
03-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Just when I thought I had you guys thinking they were worthless and was gonna pick me one up for a song you have to start this! :(

Still is one dam sexy thing. Love the hard lines on them too.

:D ;)

1stdeadeye
03-17-2003, 07:53 PM
My back-up to my X-Mag is my old school R/T w/LX, I Frame, Warp, and EvoII. The I Frame is intellifeeding the warp. It rocks and doesn't go down! Gotta love it!

jeffremiller
03-17-2003, 08:10 PM
I've got two myself. One all decked out and the other completely stock.

No comparison to an Emag but a great backup marker and a little bit of AGD history too.

J_

shade23
03-17-2003, 08:44 PM
I have an Rt and my captain has an X-mag
although I still want an X-mag I don't know if I could use it to as good affect as my Rt LX intelliframe and EVO 2
it just takes a different set of trigger muscles to fire each one and I am sooooooooooooooooooooo used to my RT that hands down I can out fire myself shooting an X-mag. again thats probably and adjustment thing or possibly me being unused to the Emag Trigger. both are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet though!

Jam you don't mind if I put that logo on my Jersey do you? I would be happy to talk ya up to anyone her ein the ALASKA area.

sneakyhacker420
03-17-2003, 11:40 PM
i want one really badly... does anyone know where i can find a bone stock automag RT classic with the HI-RISE P/F LEFT BODY that the gun came with when it was first introduced???

if you do, please tell me, i REALLY want one of these... or atleast the body to put on one of them pppllleeeaaassseee???

CrazyLad
03-18-2003, 12:06 AM
I have an RT pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!....wait....no i dont.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

PsychoBaller
03-18-2003, 04:12 AM
Lol... I'm waiting for Tunaman to post the pictures of my 5+yr old RT Original that he recently aquired from me.

The original was awesome for the years I spent playing with it, but my SFL just took hold of me, and the RT was made obsolete. I'll always be an owner of an RT Original in my heart and mind.

~da baller

dre1919
03-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Old school RT in the hizzouse! Hell yeah I rock the old school...

My baby's rollin' with the Hyperframe, no sight rail so it's more streamlined, a Custom Products flame dropforward, a 10" DYE black aluminum barrel since I play front, and the Level 10. I just got a Warp Feed to throw on it as well.

Timmee
03-18-2003, 07:22 PM
I've got an old school RT in my gear bag. It's a H/L chrome that's stock for now (except for the freak back). I'll have pics up eventually.

BTW dre1919, how well does the hyperframe work with the RT?

magsRus
03-18-2003, 08:56 PM
pshycoballer's RT looked like it took quite the beatings in the past

Muzikman
03-18-2003, 10:01 PM
My old school RT. It's cousin of the other smear kits;) All I need now is another valve and I'll have two complete RT's.

http://pittsburgh-music.com/paintball/magrt/images/magrt14a.jpg

~WarpedRT#2~
03-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Yeah, old skool is where it's at. I love my RT. I can shoot faster with that than most of the people I know with electros. Almost everyone sees my Benchmark frame, and is like "ewww, it's a benchy" That's when I'm like "hey,#@$& off!" Anyway, yeah, I love my RT. Level 10 and all.

CrazyLad
03-18-2003, 11:50 PM
If someone wants to give me an RT pro i can unite with you all!!:D :D :D

jwren00
03-19-2003, 02:16 AM
where'd you guys get those smear kits? mine is just plain old black and chrome :mad:

damageinc54
03-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by jwren00
where'd you guys get those smear kits? mine is just plain old black and chrome :mad:

Tom's attic sale about 9 months ago. He had blue, green and purple. They were only available for a few days. Sold out fast!!!!! I could be mistaken but to my knowledge there are only 2 in existance like mine.

Mook564
03-19-2003, 03:15 AM
Well I dont have an OLD SCHOOL RT, but I do have one of the first 200 RT PROS that was made if that is any good.

dre1919
03-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Timmee

BTW dre1919, how well does the hyperframe work with the RT?

Normally it works hellified good. Right at the moment I have a few "issues" to work out, but they really aren't Hyperframe related. It's got a smooth, very light trigger pull and it rocks with the RT valve. I just bought a Warp Feed to throw on it, so it should start getting really ugly really quick. :D

poetin
05-17-2003, 05:28 AM
hi fellow rt-freaks, i'm doin oldschool, with an oldschool rt :D (could wish mine was an rt-pro, cause i really like those ULE bodies)

i'm the only guy left in my team that's still using a mechanical marker. and overhere automags really are a dying race. but i don't see any reason to go electro for now. rt's rip just as good the way i see it!

greetz to you all

50 cal
05-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Like a bonehead, I sold my RT when I bought my Emag. Worst mistake I made. That gun had the sweet spot from Hades! Some lucky guy in Smyrna Tn has it now.

Xyxyll
05-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I can't believe I'm sellin my Classic RT. I suppose it's good that it'll probably be sold to my teammate. I'll be able to keep an eye on it there.

http://www.microhlp.com/Xyxyll/left.jpg
http://www.microhlp.com/Xyxyll/right.jpg

FeuerFri
05-17-2003, 02:05 PM
just traded my cocker for an origional RT with Lx, z-grip, and some other cool stuff. she arrives here on monday, i can't wait.

mh53eplt
05-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Great to have a RT owners logo. I'm keeping mine even though i just bought an Emag. I've had my RT for six months and never had a lick of trouble out of her.

reefer madness
05-19-2003, 02:59 AM
i use my lx rt to light up all the cocker suckers. most sturdy gun ive shot. kind of the blacksheep of agd guns though

BareBack
05-19-2003, 03:17 AM
Does a regular mag with an RT valve count??
Her's a pic of mine, but it's looking a little different now.
Had it double-tapping like a dream yesterday at a tournament. Almost sold it too, but not anymore...

Cryer
05-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Bareback, is that a sticker on your revvy? or did you have that painted on? That's bad, whatever it is. I want to do that to my loader.

Viral
05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
My Original RT (w/LX) has found a great home in the hands of my fiance. She upgraded from a Spyder and is truly dangerous with her RT!

http://www.eachat.net/pics/rtmag.gif

--Viral

RTGuy86
06-19-2003, 10:32 PM
i had a classic RT then traded it for a cocker and i haev been kicking myself ever since then. but luckily im trading my cocker back for a Classic RT w/ Z-grip and LX. heh look im getting it from FeurFri. i will post pics when i get it,

Poetin where did you get your front end chopped like that? kinda like it. well lmk

Viral
06-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Yeah, it also has the angled powerfeed tube. Very nice body. Did you get that aftermarket somehow or did they come like that from AGD?

--Viral

Evil Bob
06-20-2003, 03:06 PM
The hi-rise feed tube came standard from AGD for a while when the RT's first came out, they were quickly phased out as there were feeding problems when the marker was elevated at high angles.

I have an old school hi-rise as well as a stock PF classic RT, they're pretty much loaner guns as I shoot my Emag exclusively.

-Evil Bob

The Deacon
06-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Just traded for a Classic RT, should be here in a week, I'l lget ya'll photos then.

poetin
06-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RTGuy86

Poetin where did you get your front end chopped like that? kinda like it. well lmk

dunno, it came that way

GhillieGuy
06-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Well, i guess i have an old school rt now. It's dre1919's old gun.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Maybe we should make a rule, stating NO RT RPOs, and no retro mags. Just old skool RTs. After all, Most of the people I know who own an RT Pro look down on me for owning an old skool one.

TheAmazingJelloMag
06-30-2003, 07:07 PM
I got an old skool RT and that thing RIPS! The one problem is that the RT piston is a little week could the force it returns be increased by turning the pressure up on a flatline reg?

einhander619
06-30-2003, 10:39 PM
I used to own this, and I really want it back!

Kid_A
06-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Hey,

I'm new to the forum, but I've had my RT for close to 4 years now. rt05986 or something like that. I love this gun. I got it the day the RT pro came out, but IMO, the RT looked better than the pro, especially with the supper sexy hardline, and I saw the design as inferior to that of the RT. I wasn't worried at all abou tupgrading my gun, that is until the intelli-frame came out. And then all of this supper light stuff came out. Sad to say, I think its finally time for me and my RT to part ways. I would love to just keep this gun so I can shoot around with it every once in a while, but I can't get a ULE e-mag or an X-mag if I don't sell it :( I've had lots of good times with my RT, like getting 10 people out in one game, and....ah..damn it..i really wish i didn't have to sell it.

tony3
07-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I shooting my old school rt. Every RT I have tried isnt as reactive as mine, all the newer ones are way less reatcive. I loved it there was a bps contest at my field and i had 12, then a teammmate with his z-grip old school rt got 13, and all the cockers, imps and shockers couldnt beat it, then guys with timmys came and beat it, but thats not the point. Everyone at the field loves my gun

GhillieGuy
07-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by tony3
I shooting my old school rt. Every RT I have tried isnt as reactive as mine, all the newer ones are way less reatcive. I loved it there was a bps contest at my field and i had 12, then a teammmate with his z-grip old school rt got 13, and all the cockers, imps and shockers couldnt beat it, then guys with timmys came and beat it, but thats not the point. Everyone at the field loves my gun
uuuuuuuuuuuu, can you please explain to me how a classic shoots faster than a pro? They shoot the same.

RTGuy86
07-01-2003, 03:40 PM
i got my RT. i cant post pics but if you want to C it. leave your e-mail and ill mail them.

i luv this gun it rips. some people were at my local field and they all shoot timmys and IR3's so when me and a couple friends pulled up w/ our classic RT's they all laughed. after we ripped the field up one side and down another they stopped laughing and actually admired these beutys. i need to get a warp though. i got a couple hopper hits. if anyone has a warp they will sell or trade me. lmk

SocialD
08-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Old school RT's still have what it takes. Their only problem was that they were way ahead of their time. Here it is, six years old and still going strong.

tony3
08-29-2003, 04:28 PM
I just sold my old school rt, I love that gun:(

Lawdog
08-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I read the AO forums daily for updates and new ideas, but haven't posted a pic of my RT yet. I saw someone bumped this thread so figured no time like now to try out posting a pic of it.
So here goes, this was a shot someone took for our webpage, now it has a Blue tipped Pipe and Doc's barrel adapter in it, otherwise pretty much how she looks.

Wrathchild
08-30-2003, 03:45 PM
God i love this. Im sporting my RT w/LX , J&J Ceramic 8", Benchmark left-offset cradle and a hyperframe. I outshoot angels with this thing... It is so sweet. Took the sight rail off for a more compact gun... But, i dont think you can get anymore compact than an RT.

sneakyhacker420
08-30-2003, 07:19 PM
lawdog, i'll do anything for that RT with the hi-rise powerfeed body!!!

TheAmazingJelloMag
08-30-2003, 10:02 PM
heres my baby
And where do you get one of those thread adapters

sneakyhacker420
08-30-2003, 10:36 PM
www.docsmachine.com

TheAmazingJelloMag
08-30-2003, 10:58 PM
thnx sneaky

sneakyhacker420
08-30-2003, 11:04 PM
i am god.

:cool:http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

tapdata55
10-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey wassup,

Here is my Classic RT. I have a benchmark single trigger frame (currently looking for a black blade intelliframe, anyone have one???), Dye Gas thru grip, Lvl 10, Smart Parts Freak with Boomstick tip, Kapp Drop Zone (looking for a stubby, anyone have one?), AGD Flatline 68/3k, and a Halo B. There are a few things I still want to do, such has convert the powerfeed into a centerfeed and then have the body powdercoated black, put back the hardline, but at the moment I cant because my drop is too long. But other than that, thats all. Ill have another pic up once I have the finish product. Thanks Payce out

James

Fritz1970
10-01-2003, 02:31 PM
RT Classic logo is well-done; gonna pirate it for my sig.

Now all I have to do is figger out how to use vB code . . .

Fritz1970

skirts
10-01-2003, 05:44 PM
ok... now seriously... all of you... stop with the "old school" talk when it comes to RT's...

people, the RT is not that old... if you want to talk about "old school", talk about splat masters and 6-packs and stuff... but common guys... i feel like you are "dating" me.

by the way... the newest addition to the forums, flip-queen... will be displaying the RT i set up for her in the next couple days... keep an eye out for probably the tightest, best set up RT (left handed) of anyones on this forum... ;) pics coming soon

skirts
AGD factory team Pride

Outbreak
10-01-2003, 05:53 PM
A pic of my beast...all parts are hand-polished aluminum.

Z-man
10-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Well this is definalty an older post but as old as the modular bodies one that bumped up ;). I will never sell my Classic. I won't even take part in the upgrade program as I cannot belive that people don't think that RT body is the bestone AGD ever made (yes, better than the MiniMag). I have posted this pict before but I get to do it again

Flagship of the Classic RT's

mc_joker_csk
10-01-2003, 10:39 PM
i also have a regular rt have freak barrel and also a dye doomstick,
68/4500 air america tank, egg 2 hopper, we are working to get a shorter trigger pull on it.:rolleyes:

sneakyhacker420
10-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by mc_joker_csk
i also have a regular rt have freak barrel and also a dye doomstick,
68/4500 air america tank, egg 2 hopper, we are working to get a shorter trigger pull on it.:rolleyes:

a mag's trigger pull will never become any shorter than it currently is without the Ultra Light Trigger Pull kit from AGD, which requires drilling of the classic RT valves to accomodate the dual o-ring design of the kit

whatever you do, DO NOT!!!!!! touch the sear rod, if you lengthen or shorten it, it changes the pivot point of the sear, which causes pre-mature bolt and sear wear, as well as long-term damage to the valve itself

^ Tom Kaye himself brought that to my attention, and i am fowarding the information to you

-sneaky

mh53eplt
10-01-2003, 11:59 PM
It's nic`e that AGD has given us a route to update our classics, HOWEVER why ruin a great marker:eek: just to be able to trade up to a ULE body. My old scool RT valve rips and my Emax isn't as reactive as my RT:D

Baby #2

sneakyhacker420
10-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by mh53eplt
It's nic`e that AGD has given us a route to update our classics, HOWEVER why ruin a great marker:eek: just to be able to trade up to a ULE body. My old scool RT valve rips and my Emax isn't as reactive as my RT:D

Baby #2
put a shorter on/off pin in your valve and it will make it more reactive

its as simple as that

and what would you say about selling the stock foregrip and mount since you have the splash kit now?

lmk
-sneaky

joeski206
10-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Rt's love em!

Z-man
10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
VERY nice Joeski. Most people who have these older RT's tear off all the pretty stuff like the rail, forgtip and bodiy. 2 fine markers there. I envy you.

SocialD
10-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Z-man
VERY nice Joeski. Most people who have these older RT's tear off all the pretty stuff like the rail, forgtip and bodiy. 2 fine markers there. I envy you.

Z-man, I think that you meant to say, "Pretty heavy stuff" J.K. Anyway, I have yet to see an unattractive classic RT on this thread. I think that setups are all about how you play. I used to play front left tape. So, it was in my best interests to get my marker as light as possible. Then, I go and throw a warp on it. Go figure.

Pacifist_Farmer
10-02-2003, 10:30 AM
RT it's the only gun for me

Z-man
10-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by SocialD

Z-man, I think that you meant to say, "Pretty heavy stuff" J.K. Anyway, I have yet to see an unattractive classic RT on this thread. I think that setups are all about how you play. I used to play front left tape. So, it was in my best interests to get my marker as light as possible. Then, I go and throw a warp on it. Go figure.

I made no comments about the weight and I stick with what I said. I think they look 100% better with all the paperweight attachments. I think that they look much better than the stipped down version I see often. I would say that mine is probably the heavier of them all. That's all.

SocialD
10-02-2003, 10:43 AM
I like that, "Paperweight attachments." I do have to admit that your RT is one of the sweetest that I have ever seen. I should rephrase that, one of the sweetest markers that I have seen. The RT's look much better when someone like yourself goes the extra mile to get all of the parts custom anodized. Then, the extra stuff really dresses up the marker.

Z-man
10-02-2003, 10:44 AM
but you are exactly right ;) that Classic RT makes me tip over if I lean out too far on the tape. Fashon has it's price

tonyF
10-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I have two old skool RT's both with z-grips and warps!
Use them for tournie play. All these electros going down and the RT's keep rockin!!

ICOM
10-02-2003, 05:32 PM
old school rts dont look that bad. I am starting to love the look on them. too bad they arent all the same parts to fit the new upgrades.

reefer madness
10-02-2003, 07:38 PM
this is my rt and its for sale. it is in mint condition and has a level 10 bolt, brand new unused chrome blade intelliframe, dye stainless steel 12" barrel, benchmark drop forward, PMI 45/45 air tank, and 12v revolution hopper. looking to sell soon. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101250

TransMan
10-02-2003, 10:47 PM
I got one of the green and chrome smears ill get some pics of it up once i find where my mom hid the digicam

VinRR
10-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Nice looking RTs JoeSki.. youve already seen mine from the other thread.. but here it is for those who havent.. Lets see some more RT's!

TheAmazingJelloMag
10-27-2003, 09:50 AM
ICOM, if all of the new upgrades fit an old school rt Every Body would use one;)

mh53eplt
10-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Can someone tell me how to take the black rubber grip off the foregrip?

Z-man
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mh53eplt
Can someone tell me how to take the black rubber grip off the foregrip?

I blasted the whole thing with penetrating oil to make it slide of easy. Then I screwed the grip to a large piece of metal and PUUUULLLLLLED it right off. Simple, dumb and forceful.

abarnhar
12-05-2003, 02:04 AM
Can't help myself. My RT is new to me (less than a month) and I'm in love. Already got a Z on it.

I'm just a classic kind of guy when it comes to markers.

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-RTbarnhart.jpg