PDA

View Full Version : my new toy

joez
03-16-2003, 08:32 PM
and they said it couldnt be done. haha. i have succesfully mounted my old mini-mag body and valve on my e-mag rail. i will be buying an x-valve in the future, but for now i will be running my regular valve. now, i have a question. the board is set at 16bps, max. i know that the stock valve will not cycle that fast. i have a LX, and figure that it should be able to pull out 10 bps. now, if i outshoot the valve in e-mode, will it half-stroke, or what will it do? should i just use it in manual untill i have the funds for an x-valve?

ChucktheMAGician
03-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm just wondering how you got an emag w/ out a valve? You can turn the electronics down to 8 sps if you think you will have problems. Check out my warped mini-e thru the link in my sig. Welcome to AO, please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride:D

BunkerRat
03-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Yea how did you get hooked up without buying the whole thing and how much did it cost.

athomas
03-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Your valve should be fine up to at least 12 balls per second. The beauty of electronics is that you always get the proper firing cycle (pull and release). This allows the valve to get the maximum amount of time to fully recharge before the next shot. Beyond 12 shots per second you may experience shoot down. The amount of shootdown shouldn't be that much if you go just over the threshhold. It may be a few fps. The farther past 12 bps you go, the greater the amount of shootdown that may occur. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would use it in electronic mode. You are more likely to short stroke a standard valve in manual mode than electronically.

joez
03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
well, i was used to the benchmark i had on the mini, and i think the only difference to me in manual would be the magnetic trigger. i work at challenge park, running the air shed. after being there a year, i learned and became friends with the regualrs. one of them had an e-mag, along with a ton of parts to build another one. since he has recently recieved his x-mag, he sold me the rail, grip, and battery for $50, all working beautifully with a newer batery. i had heard that the regular valve was cappable of 13bps, but didnt really belive that, because that is what spyder claimes their markers will cycle. i know agd does much more testing, but my valve is old, and i thought 10bps seemed about as capable is it was going to get. thanx for the replies.

cgrieves
03-17-2003, 06:28 PM
The classic valve will cycle just as fast as the RT/retro/X Valve will. After all the operation is very similar. The only difference is the faster you fire, the more dropoff you will experience whereas the newer valves actually become more consistent at high rates. As mentioned I wouldn't worry about it, the classic valve can fire plenty fast.