PDA

View Full Version : odyssey has new software

rehme
03-16-2003, 09:26 PM
here is the link http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halobupdate.htmlto it that tells you about it

BTAutoMag
03-16-2003, 09:53 PM
link dont work

rehme
03-16-2003, 09:55 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halobupdate.html

try that now

Kevmaster
03-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Great ? :rolleyes:

another upgrade for my HALO.

lets see, paid $100 for my HALO when it came out as a HALO A (dealer cost no less). Then bought a $30 shell and a $30 "B Drive" and paid $10 shipping. Thats $70 more. So, I get this, thast $10 more and $10 for shipping.

yippee...I have a $190 loader

I **LOVE** how these upgrades come out after the original which took "years to develop" :rolleyes:

FalconGuy016
03-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Kev... most things work that way... there is no perfect product, although I do know what you mean. But since the halo has gone through some major changes, I doubt this is to milk the money. If you dont want the upgrade, dont get it, I doubt there is anything wrong with what you have now

Russ
03-16-2003, 10:11 PM
I **LOVE** how these upgrades come out after the original which took "years to develop"
Yea, ain't progress a wonderful thing? Kinda like the whole "SuperBolt debocle...I still have one of those "white elephants" around. I can get a $25 credit if I shell out another $60+ shipping for a LX. :(

Sad part is, I'll probably do it :cool:

cphilip
03-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Yea I need to send my two in even though they are less than 6 months old... But I keep waiting in case there is ANOTHER upgrade! :( Mine seem to be fine though so its kinda hard to part with them and spend the 20 bucks...

BTAutoMag
03-16-2003, 10:18 PM
so what is the purpose...

so it will sort that balls .4 seconds sooner then it does now:confused:

Mossman
03-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I've already sent my halo in for it :) (well it went in to get fixed, then i figured, hey, why not get new shells. Then i was like, OOOOH SOFTWARE!)

Hehe, I'll let ya guys know how it is :)

Aparently it doesnt spin in bursts, it just spins when its needed. This is supposed to be faster and i've heard its better on guns like angels and timmy's that have issues with the halo B.

UThomas
03-16-2003, 10:24 PM
"yippee...I have a $190 loader"

Nobody forced you to buy it and nobody is going to make you upgrade it. Quit complaining about progress. Do you buy and new car and then complain the next year when a new model comes out?

rehme
03-16-2003, 10:26 PM
mine is going in tomarrow

rehme
03-16-2003, 10:26 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/ripdrive.html

look another upgrade but it is not yet released

Russ
03-16-2003, 10:30 PM
I paid $130 for my "A", and just threw down $50 more for the "B" upgrade & smoke shells...upward and onward!

The thing rocks. It doesn't have the spring or bead thingy in it. I e-mailed Odyssey to find out if that's a boo-boo or part of the new software upgrade. I am very happy with my HALO :D

Russ
03-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Ripdrive allows you to feed balls if the battery dies.

Don't let the battery die!

-sCaN-
03-17-2003, 12:26 AM
I will be sending mine in for the new software, but if we keep the batteries happy, we wont need the new drive! Atleast all it looks like to me is another thing to have to make the blimp heavier.

sCaN

Jack & Coke
03-17-2003, 01:04 AM
rehme,

Thanks for the heads up!

rehme
03-17-2003, 11:04 AM
your welcome

JEDI
03-17-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm glad the guys at Odyssey are so passionate about their product. Did you see the smile on Chris' face in that Emag video, when he unloads the Halo on full auto. I'm glad they're keeping up with the performance of the Halo. How has BE improved on the Revvy at all? Cheap plastic shells?
Whether you like the Halo or not, you cant dispute Halo's standing in the High speed loader wars. Besides, did you complain when Pentium II became Pentium III. Because now you're really behind. :D

xen_100
03-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I just want to know when they are going to get off thier butt and make more. I called paintballgear and they said they haven't gotten more since jan. odessey just keeps saying "2 weeks" sounds like the guys from the movie "money pit" (if anybody remembers that one ;) )

cphilip
03-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by xen_100
I just want to know when they are going to get off thier butt and make more. I called paintballgear and they said they haven't gotten more since jan. odessey just keeps saying "2 weeks" sounds like the guys from the movie "money pit" (if anybody remembers that one ;) )

I getting the same answer. Did you see my quoted email from them a few weeks back? If not I repeat that they were out of motors and that was the hold up. Seems their suppliers were having trouble locating them. They expected them about now. I do not know if they have gotten them but I will email them again today and see what I can find out.

rehme
03-17-2003, 12:25 PM
i have been trying to call them today but nobody is picking up

cphilip
03-17-2003, 12:25 PM
I just fired off an email to Albert...

Dayspring
03-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Just a reminder- it's always easier to upgrade/revise something than to pioneer it the first time.

And Jedi's right- Halo is winning, HANDS DOWN. I'd say they are falling under X-Mag-Itis. Limited numbers out there but MASSIVE performance.

And Jedi, if you're still running a P3, YOU'RE behind. P4 baby!

Originally posted by JEDI
I'm glad the guys at Odyssey are so passionate about their product. Did you see the smile on Chris' face in that Emag video, when he unloads the Halo on full auto. I'm glad they're keeping up with the performance of the Halo. How has BE improved on the Revvy at all? Cheap plastic shells?
Whether you like the Halo or not, you cant dispute Halo's standing in the High speed loader wars. Besides, did you complain when Pentium II became Pentium III. Because now you're really behind. :D

JEDI
03-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

And Jedi, if you're still running a P3, YOU'RE behind. P4 baby!

Thanks, that was kinda my point. But thanks good buddy :D Shoulda said "REALLY" behind. I dont mind the upgrade thing once the product is out. You know at least, that they're constantly improving it.

xen_100
03-17-2003, 01:27 PM
no way.....athelon all the way. just as good performance at 1/2 the costs ;)

Evil Bob
03-17-2003, 01:35 PM
It's called "evolution" gents, they identified an area in which the HALO had quite a few reported problems, ie. crushing extremely fragile paint at full torque, so they took the necessary steps to remedy the problem and the result is a simple software upgrade.

Your $10 buys you the return postage and a small % of the techie's time to perform the upgrade. I am sending 2 in today as soon as I can find a suitable box to ship them in.

-Evil Bob