PDA

View Full Version : poll cocker or agd

Tobe2be
03-16-2003, 10:10 PM
I dont know but everyone is pretty psyched with the sluggos. Dont get me wrong i like them but personaly i like the twist lock instead of cocker threads due to the fact if you happen to chop a ball in your barrel it is easier to take off your barrel and clean it unlike cockers you have to be unsrewing it if something goes wrong.all i want to know is what do ya prefer cocker threads or twist lock. thanx for reading.

crankydan
03-16-2003, 10:57 PM
With LX and Halo B, who cares how the barrel comes off. The days of chopping balls are a thing of the past. Im just tired of having to pay 10-15 bucks extra for the sloted barrels, plus manufactures are limited. I can understand the ease of removing theory, but it is only required after each days use now.:)

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-17-2003, 12:13 AM
i was worried about changing from automag to cocker threads, but after yesterday of shotting a case during play with no chops or barrel breaks i dont think the change will be too bad...
note- this was on a e-mag with halo and level 10

who_311
03-17-2003, 12:42 AM
I actually like twist alot more. It is quicker, and there is just too many ways to ruin threads. . Anyways, now i am going to get flamed or whatever you call it.

joeyjoe367
03-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Well, No matter how much I love 'Mag twist-lock, I'm going to have to vote 'cocker.

It's almost become a standard nowadays. PLENTY of guns run of 'cocker threading.

It's like VHS over Beta. Betamax(twistloc) was superior to VHS ('cocker) in so many ways, yet you don't see beta's anymore. VHS already dominated the market so no one wanted to buy beta players even though it was "better".

Same goes for 'cocker threadings. everyone's got 'em. Heck AGD is going 'cocker threading nowadays too.

Quiet
03-24-2003, 10:30 PM
I gotta say cocker, same performance without the added cost, more options, I can switch barrels over from my mag to cocker.

Dayspring
03-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Gotta vote cocker. It's what allows my soon to be Xmag to use the ACE.

fire1811
03-25-2003, 11:29 AM
i have always like the twistlock better until i got my xmag
now i dont think i want the twist lock back the goods of the cocker back outweight the good of the twist lock

lew
03-25-2003, 06:41 PM
I would have to go with a cocker. Nothing against mags, but the options are almost limitless.

FalconGuy016
03-26-2003, 06:58 PM
!! Im not a fan of switching to threads in the first place, but even then, why COCKER threads? They take like 15 years to unscrew!

Darkstorm
03-26-2003, 07:31 PM
....I would love to buy a teardrop ULE, but they don't come in twist lock.

tye92
05-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Gotta go with the twistlock, I've always had them, i like them due to the quickness of removal/reinstall can't beat it! But it looks as if we may have no choice before long, if we want the newest bodys and so on threading is gonna be the only option. Until then though, twistlock all the way.

reefer madness
05-14-2003, 05:09 AM
twistlock all the way. not only because i have a classic rt and have no choice, but i also hate cockers becasue they are so trendy here. seriously out of about 200 peoaple at my field, i think the ratio is something like 30%rentals, 50%cockers 19%other 1%mags (me and someone else). alot havent even seen an automag in person. even the field refs were like wow what kind of gun is that, is it new?

jaylock33
05-14-2003, 10:52 AM
alot havent even seen an automag in person. even the field refs were like wow what kind of gun is that, is it new?
where on earth do you play. where I live is big time cocker country because of freeflow but I've never had a ref ask me if my mag is a new gun.