PDA

View Full Version : AO @ Ronn Stern's Old Dominion Tourney!

Josh2Xtremes
03-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Hey gang, just wanted to slap up the picture of all us AO'ers at Ronn Stern's first Old Dominion Three-Man Tournament, which was a great success. Look for the write-up in Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine soon!
Josh

LawFox32
03-17-2003, 08:58 AM
AO was there in force and was a good darn tourney

Left to right:
Bunny, don't know, otto(maybe), Josh2Xtremes, Icantbelieveit, TheCavemanKevin, LawFox32, ineedhelp, xadamx, and major HO.

thanx to everybody for coming out; thanx for coming Josh,

peace

IcantBelieveit
03-17-2003, 09:16 AM
yes it was a very good day, could have done without the rain. but all in all a successful day. Thanks Josh for letting us pass around your x-mag like a cheap whore. Very Nice gun.

AO teams took home some good prizes. Although the scores were confusing, as were the rankings

thecavemankevin
03-17-2003, 11:17 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=697830

from left to right
not quite sure who the three on the left are...then its Josh Silverman, Kenny (Icantbelieveit), me, lawrence (lawfox); his two teamates one of them is xadamx...sorry don't know the other ones screen name :(, And lasts its Major Ho :)

Wasn't the worlds greatest turn out (mainly due to the threat of rain i think) but everyone that participated took home some great prizes.

6th place (2nd rookie) Team Streight Edge; took home 3 cases of paint

5th place (1st rookie) Los Locos (me, kenny and Ho) Outlast PB pants (which josh asures me that these are the shizzle!

4th place (4th Novice) Team No Blings (lawfox's team) Redz packs

3rd place (3rd Novice) Team PBA; 3 68/3000 nitro tanks

2nd place (2nd novice) (don't recal the name) 3 AGD WARP FEEDS!!!!!!!!

1st place (1st novice) The Lost Boys $1000! Courtesy of Ronn Stern Studios and Splat Brothers Paintball!

----
1st place Top Gun: thecavemankevin (me) Scepter Barrel System babby!!!! To bad they don't make it for a mag :( Oh well....gives me an excuse to get an X-mag!

All in all it was a great day and thank you to Josh for coming out and getting some great pictures i am sure....just have to wait till the next PB2x comes out to see them.

LawFox32
03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Kevin you should really tell them that you won that on Default bud, and Second Place team was a team from NY; named Hanta-Force

on an off note my team NoBLIngs were the only team to beat Lost Boys and we maxxed them;

peace

Ronn
03-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Is that a tourney pic or a group police mug shot? :D

All the AO members played very well, it was great getting to meet them and put a face with the AO names. I am always impressed that whenever I meet AO board members, they are, without exception, some of the nicest, smartest, and most polite players at an event.

Thordic
03-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Hanta Force are good guys, Jacob Kerr, who you may know from FoN, is their captain.

They wear the hockey jerseys with the biohazard looking symbol on them.

Congrats to the AO guys who won.

xadamx
03-17-2003, 01:49 PM
it was a damned fine touriment. i had a great time. i also could have done without the stupid rain, but that just made things interesting(trying to be accurate at least :D ) I have to agree with Ronn, there was not a single person there from AO that wasnt extremely polite and extremely competitive. I consider all of them my friends. And a big shout out to Team Home Boys, who took first place but somehow managed to let us max them before the finals (woohoo!! we were the only team to beat the homeboys), they were very very polite and showed extremely high levels of sportsmanship. thanks to everybody that showed up and played and made it a great time. mags had a strong presence there, which is always a good thing(the xmag was an extremely good thing hehehe thanks to josh for bringin that shizzy out). great time, great paintball.

Bunny
03-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Im the one on the left!!!!:mad: heh I don't look 2 happy there but I was...I can't believe my parents let me go even though i had a sinus infection:( Straight Edge didnt do good overall at the tourny but I had a great time!! Splatbrothers is a great feild!!! I wish we had the same service up here in northern va:rolleyes: Great group of refs too!!! Ronn Stern kicks "butt"!!!!Josh too!! Wish there wasn't rain but Ronn promises that it won't rain next time:) :)

I can't believe how many warps were on the feild today!! When I usually play I see about 2 but at the tourny it was about 6-7 pretty neato!!

To Ronn...Great tourny!! heh after my team lost alot we felt pretty discouraged but all the refs were great!

I only wish splatbro's was closer. You'll see us soon ;)

LawFox32
03-17-2003, 03:53 PM
hey bunny, I meant to tell you at the field, but next tourney you might wanna bring a pair of cleats, it was really slick out there and I saw you slipping up a lil;

anyways it was cool to meet so many AOers

Bunny
03-17-2003, 04:01 PM
heh thanks for the advice!! I actually used a pair of golf shoes because I couldn't find my cleats. lol. I had a lil one on one with the guy in all yellow, we tried to bunker me first then he tucked back in a bunker then slipped(wah i hurd) then I tried to bunker him then slipped on my ***. Good times.... after my xmag im gettin some of thoughs snazzy dye cleats

thecavemankevin
03-17-2003, 05:00 PM
lawrence,,,your just jelous that i won the top gun prize

I did play someone for it and kicked his butt twice! :p

IcantBelieveit
03-17-2003, 05:34 PM
lol...oh man great times down at splatbrothers. Hopefully we can get the crew together for the May 18th one and hopefully after a long lay off of ball, all of our equipment will be working. And we can really show who the dominant force is

xadamx
03-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
lol...oh man great times down at splatbrothers. Hopefully we can get the crew together for the May 18th one and hopefully after a long lay off of ball, all of our equipment will be working. And we can really show who the dominant force is

oh, you'll see who the dominant force is. i promise you that bud

IcantBelieveit
03-17-2003, 06:39 PM
i know you will adam, i know you will, just be patient

OttO
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
im second from the left. the refs at splat brothers were awesome, we did crappy though. nothing up to our standards. anyways, i had a great time! way 2 go ronn!!!

Major Ho
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Why do I look so...ASIAN? Makes my eyes look all beady and squinty... Must be the supa fly headbands ;) As for trying to bunker me...Ha...I shoulda had you on the first time in but missed...Turn around and found you on the ground :\

Josh, do you think you can send me or have arranged in any way for me to get all/ a bunch of pictures you took that day?

May tourney...Rematch, Hoo ah...Hopefully PBA wont be there and play the cheap ball that they did...:mad:

CheXMiX
03-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Im third from the left. YAh i was on straight edge. This was a very good learning experience for us. You guys are all great caliber players. We were kinda bummed because we are not use to losing, but you guys made it fun. We went away happy and defintly will be back. Hopefully we will in May if we play we will have a rematch and show you guys what we are made of when we are fully healthy. Way to go everyone great tourney......and have i mentioned i have a crush on ronn and josh ;) heheh just kidding.........OR AM I??!?!?! ;)

thecavemankevin
03-17-2003, 09:29 PM
you guys need to enter in the top gun tourney next time!!!!

That way i wont be the only one

SHAZAM-AGD
03-17-2003, 09:48 PM
wish I could have been there...glad all had a good time...

IcantBelieveit
03-17-2003, 09:50 PM
i wish i could blame my lack of paintball skilz on a sinus infection

thecavemankevin
03-17-2003, 11:20 PM
PS. THE WINNING TEAM (The lost boys) WERE ALL SHOOTING WARPS!!!

Shannon...whats with the poster?

LX works great (if tuned properly)...you need me to show you how it works :p

IcantBelieveit
03-18-2003, 07:25 AM
and none of them were working b/c they are crap.;)

xadamx
03-18-2003, 09:58 AM
i know you will adam, i know you will, just be patient
oh my.. that sounds like a challenge to me

IcantBelieveit
03-18-2003, 10:09 AM
must be adam my friend. I got a little project in the works for you. LOL MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHh:D

xadamx
03-18-2003, 10:11 AM
must be adam my friend. I got a little project in the works for you. LOL MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHh:D

hahah whenever you hear kenny say he has a project you know youre in for some trouble.. i welcome it though. wahahaha. bring iton big man!:p

IcantBelieveit
03-18-2003, 10:23 AM
LOL, fear the project....haha. picutres will be up soon adam and you can meet the gun, the will put you down for the "L":D

LawFox32
03-18-2003, 11:35 AM
I know what the project is and I am not worried about it, and yes in May we will find the true dominant force. can't wait until may, maybe then I will be able to use my own marker more than one game

peace,

IcantBelieveit
03-18-2003, 01:04 PM
i am glad you are not worried law, b/c my friend, you WILL be owned by it, you run your mouth soo much man.

LawFox32
03-18-2003, 01:25 PM
haha, I can't wait

thecavemankevin
03-18-2003, 02:11 PM
so who all is entering the top gun then?

I probably will, Kenny said he's going to....lawrence, you going to?

xadamx
03-18-2003, 05:28 PM
so whats the project heis?

OttO
03-18-2003, 07:26 PM
the only game i remember us doing any good was against el loco i think thats your name? i was in the snake looking thing and got cavemankevin out. then somehow bunny slipped and fell.:confused:

LawFox32
03-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Kevin, depends on the cash man, but if I do then I will enter, just to kick your butt

haha

Hey Otto, yeah I saw that game, we had one against PBA on the field right behind you guys, thats why I told bunny he needs some cleats cuz he was making a run from a beer can and fell right on his face, after two steps

Major Ho
03-18-2003, 09:57 PM
This has escalated too much. Everyone back to their corners and zip it... ZIP! It was a fun day, no need to ruin the good memories with bitterness...
Besides...we can all compliment Ho(me) on how well I was dressed that day ;) Ronn thinks so at least...:D

LawFox32
03-18-2003, 09:59 PM
preach on! brotha' from anotha' mutha'

haha

thecavemankevin
03-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by OttO
the only game i remember us doing any good was against el loco i think thats your name? i was in the snake looking thing and got cavemankevin out. then somehow bunny slipped and fell.:confused:

If you all want to start talking trash, then by all means go ahead. At least we have a valid reason we weren't in the top 4. A ref missed one of our kill shots on Hanta forces hopper and that would have put us in the top and not them!

LawFox32
03-18-2003, 10:42 PM
guys SHUT UP, no one really cares, some of us just played the tourney for fun, so quit talking

thecavemankevin
03-19-2003, 06:51 PM
hey, check it out...it made the news on forceofnature.com

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=537&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

OttO
03-19-2003, 06:56 PM
im not talking trash, im just sayin we had a crap nasty day. i do not blame me and my team having a bad day on anyone else, except us not being prepared enough.

LawFox32
03-19-2003, 09:17 PM
of course it got coverage, the captain of Hanta Force works for FON

Ronn
03-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Well, it got coverage because Force Of Nature was an ODT sponsor. :)

LawFox32
03-19-2003, 09:21 PM
mmm can't wait for May 18th, no rain and sunny, right Ronn?

thecavemankevin
03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Hanta's guy works for FON...didn't know that. Guess i should have socialized a bit more.

ineedhelp
03-19-2003, 10:41 PM
well...im a little late joining the thread, but just wanted to say I had a great time...everyone was very nice, and I can't wait till May 18th. This is Alex by the way, from Team NoBLings. I hope by May I can get my mag to stop leaking, and hopefully find a warp for it :-D.

LawFox32
03-20-2003, 07:44 AM
haha, lets hope we can get that leak stopped, and get my mag back up to speed

IcantBelieveit
03-20-2003, 07:57 AM
doubtful:D

LawFox32
03-20-2003, 08:08 AM
we shall see, won't we, Kenny, you are gonna be the first victim of the re-vamped automag, so watch your back

thecavemankevin
03-20-2003, 10:45 AM
well if you guys stopped ghetto rigging your tanks with POS on/offs then at least half of your problems would dissapear.:)

IcantBelieveit
03-20-2003, 01:04 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaahhaahahah
:D :D

LawFox32
03-20-2003, 01:58 PM
ghetto air-setup is my middle name, back when I ran co2 it was really ghetto; I had an anti-siphon tank and I had two X-chambers taped to the tank, and had the air run through those, it was crazy

IcantBelieveit
03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thecavemankevin
03-24-2003, 11:46 PM
check me out rockin the pepsi field :)

http://www.ronnstern.com/splatbrothers/kev-burn2-small.jpg

Look at my sexxy butt:p

http://www.ronnstern.com/splatbrothers/kev-break-small.jpg

This hurts my knees to look at
http://www.ronnstern.com/splatbrothers/kev-tucked-small.jpg

LawFox32
03-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Please Post MORE pictures of yourself Kevin; I mean come on, we need some baby pictures

IcantBelieveit
03-25-2003, 07:51 AM
hahahahahahahah,,,LOL @ Lawrence

xadamx
03-25-2003, 12:05 PM
hahahahhahahahhaha that was good heis

xadamx
03-26-2003, 01:05 PM
so josh, where are the gorgeous pics you supposedly took :D

Ronn
03-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Some of Josh's pics are on the SplatBrothers website. He was kind enough to send some for display :D

http://www.splatbrotherspaintball.com/database/msgboards/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=800&whichpage=3&ARCHIVE=

xadamx
03-26-2003, 02:07 PM
those are nice, but are those all of them?

Ronn
03-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, Josh has to save some for the magazine doesn't he? :D