PDA

View Full Version : 9v Revy.....to 12v

beam
05-29-2001, 08:59 PM
I was cleaning my 9 volt revy tonite and I decided to take it apart (halves) And I noticed something extrodinary....it would be unbelievably easy to set it up for another battery. ViewLoader put the same little circuit board in there...they just put a plastic blank where the 2nd battery normally would go and didn't put the little metal contactors on. But those contactors are just little clips anyways. If anyone has a 9 volt I would suggest taking a look at it. You will be suprised.

HERE'S MY QUESTION THOUGH...If I set this up with another battery...do I have a 12v or 18v? I don't want 18v cause VL quit making them because they would break paint easier.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the marathon post.

------------------
"A good friend is like another me."

MagDog68
05-29-2001, 09:27 PM
Actually, VL stopped making the original 18v VL2000 because the 18v were too much for the servo motor turning the paddle. It would eventually burn out the motor. They now have a resistor inside that cuts the power down to 12v. I am not positive, but I doubt they would put the same (more expensive) circut board in the 9v that they put in the 12v.

~Fred
--------------------------
I'd rather throw paint than not use my MAG!

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 05-29-2001).]

a_malfunction
05-29-2001, 11:30 PM
My buddy did this to my 9 volt revy. It seems to work fine so far.

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

beam
05-30-2001, 02:24 PM
up

PyRo
05-30-2001, 08:40 PM
My thoughts here are that the board in the 9v is the same one that was in teh 18v. This woule be because the 9v does not have to be limited down at all, and can run on its full power.

beam
05-31-2001, 08:55 AM
thanks all. I think I'm gonna hook up another battery and see how it works.

Gunga
09-08-2001, 10:51 PM
You can also buy one of those new x-boards. I just got one tonight for $15 and just installed it. Presto change-o! 9v Revvy into a 12v Revvy. Well, minus the 4 armed agitator anyway.

a_malfunction
09-08-2001, 11:26 PM
Ive got a 9vt that was converted to an 18vt.. Works great so far...

speedballbanks
09-09-2001, 07:09 PM
hey brotha i did it about a year ago and it hasnt burnt out yet and i doubt it will if you apply a little car grease to the servo gears it purrs like a kitten oh yeah if you guys wanted to buy it iam selling it to get a ricochet so it will be more streamline on my warp but iam asking 50 for it cause it spins like a mother and i will include 2 9's like that is a big deal anyways right lol anyways anyquestions e-mail me and i will be glad to help out oh yeah dont move this to the classifieds i am not changing the topic to buy my revvie just throwin it in there for looks lol.

DarkPhoenix
09-09-2001, 07:30 PM
I recommend the new TurboRev board from www.wickedairsportz.com . I have a 9V revolution which I bought the 12V upgrade board. The new board out performs my original 12V revolution. The prices are not that bad neither. There might be a lag, as they have only recently started filling their pre-orders, but the long wait was worth it. They even have plans to make a replacement board for the Ricochet.