PDA

View Full Version : Micromag and Retro Valve Problem

Deacon
03-17-2003, 09:27 AM
I have a P/F Micromag with classic valve that works great. I recently acquired a Retro Valve with L10 installed. The L10 seems to work fine. However, since I installed the retro valve, the marker goes into a runaway mode and basically goes full auto unless I am very careful about pulling the trigger all the way back and all the way forward with every shot. I did not get a new sear with the retro valve so I am still using the one that I was using with my classic valve. It would seem to me that I either need a new sear or a longer on/off. What do you think?

athomas
03-17-2003, 09:42 AM
It may be a combination of both a worn sear and an on/off pin that is too short. Since your standard AIR valve worked ok, check the length of its on/off pin. Then compare that to the length of the pin in the retro valve. The trigger frame may also contribute to the problem. Check the clearnce between the trigger and the trigger rod when the trigger is released(when the gun is gased up).

Deacon
03-18-2003, 07:47 PM
I don't have any callipers to measure the on/off pin with, but I compared them by eye and they look the same. If I use the original spring instead of the longer springs that come with the L10, the runaway is much worse. The trigger rod gap seems to be fine. I noticed that AGD sends a new sear out with each retro valve. What is the purpose of this if the sear is the same for AIR valves and Retro valves?

athomas
03-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Since the on/off seams to be the same, I would venture to say that the sear is worn a bit.

AGD sends new sears because of problems like this.