PDA

View Full Version : AGD (company) install X-Valve for me???

piccolo_dbz39
03-17-2003, 09:46 AM
I was wondering. if i bought a x-valve with level 10, if i sent in my gun would they be able to install it and tune the lvl 10 for me, i have a fear i'll totally mess up everything in the gun if i tried. if they will install it, how much???

shartley
03-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by piccolo_dbz39
I was wondering. if i bought a x-valve with level 10, if i sent in my gun would they be able to install it and tune the lvl 10 for me, i have a fear i'll totally mess up everything in the gun if i tried. if they will install it, how much???
Another option is to check with local pro shops too. Many have trained staff who can do this for you (NOTE: Anyone in N.H. can have theirs installed at Adventure Games Paintball’s Store in Manchester) . I am not saying this to take any money away from AGD, but they have limited staff and are pretty swamped with getting markers ready for sale and out to those who already ordered them.

Mossman
03-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Also, level 10 may need continual tuning, every few times on the field you may want to drop a smaller carrier in, until its broken in. It's a lot easier to make small modifications like that if you actually know how the thing goes together, and putting it in yourself would do that.

Literally bro, there's nothing to it. If you haven't watched miscue's video, watch it.

Basically you take a nickel, take off your PT tip, tap the valve upside down, knock out the PT spacer, then pull out the O-ring in there with something small and skinny.

Then you put in the white backing washer from LX, drop in a 1, 1.5, or 2 carrier with an o-ring installed in there, whatever seems to give you a bit of resistance on your bolt stem thing, but not too much/too little. Start with no shims, and the short spring, and just hand tighten the new PT tip on there and see if she works.

also a dab of oil on the carrier o-ring works wonders.