PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint for J&J Ceramic

caleqs
03-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi all. I have a J&J Ceramic on my son's Rebel and I can't for the life of me figure out which paint would work best for it. Anyone have any experience with the barrel? What's the best (accurate) paint for it? It looks like the bore size on the barrel is .6875.

Thanks for your help.

xen_100
03-17-2003, 12:21 PM
it really depends. I had one of those for my spyder and I couldn't get diablo infernos through it or any other small paint. it was just TOO small. other people have that barrel and it is very large bore. if you get a good one they are good, but if not its just a pain to find paint that fits it.

lopxtc
03-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I shoot El-Tigre and Slam Ball through mine almost religiously and have never had an issue with them. It is a small bore and those two paints always seemed to work the best with it.

Aaron

Skoad
03-17-2003, 01:44 PM
i used to have good luck with RPS Big ball on my ceremic m98

Me
03-17-2003, 01:45 PM
marbs used to work for me when i used to have 1

mykroft
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Depends on the barrel. While an excellent barrel, they've varied through the various production runs from super-tight .684 or so up to about a .688" ID.

Wc Keep
03-17-2003, 06:30 PM
the reason is that the ceramic barrel is made pretty poorly. whatever size is in the mold is the size that is going to be made. thats why there is so many different sizes.

but with the medium sized one try 32* team colors. they are a perfect match.

Shane-O-Mac
03-17-2003, 07:50 PM
first off, ceramics are not a molded barrel, they are a machined part like any other barrel. the deal is that as you do a run of barrels, say 2000 of them, from the first barrel to the last, you will get some varience on size, it starts either on the small side and gets larger as it gets to the end. or vice versa. this is normal for ALL machined aluminum or stainless parts.

To answer the question though, you have to find what works best for you, just find something that doesnt fit to tight. many paintballs vary in size from region to region, and from batch to batch. i would suggest marbilizers, or all star, to start with. i have used ceramic J&J barrels for over 3 years and have found them to be my favorite barrel.

Shane-O

TimEmag00134
03-18-2003, 05:55 AM
It's been so long since I had a ceramic barrel I can't remember what I shot thru it. However it seems that with the info from above that just about anything that RP Scherer makes (El Tigre, Marbalizer, All Star, Big Ball, etc.) will work fine. I am personaly a big fan of RP paint, never had a problem with it thru any of my barrels.