PDA

View Full Version : team question???

mini_marc_mag
03-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm going to my firt competion soon. I was wondering in a 3 men team what are the position ?? like how many back , middle or front players?

-=Squid=-
03-17-2003, 06:07 PM
well, generally you would put 1 on high tape, 1 on low tape, and one in back...it just depends on the field, just put them where the strongest spots are.

WARPED1
03-17-2003, 07:56 PM
There really aren't positions in 3 man. Get as much real estate as you can on the break, most 3 man games won't go beyond 3 minutes.

-=Squid=-
03-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
There really aren't positions in 3 man. Get as much real estate as you can on the break, most 3 man games won't go beyond 3 minutes.

What do you mean no posistions? Of coarse there are posisitions...

WARPED1
03-17-2003, 08:22 PM
No, don't leave a back man,you only have 3 guys. ALL 3 muist run as faaaaaaaaar as they can on the break, grab the center flag, then eliminate the other team.

darklord
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
I play a 3 man tourney. There really are no positions. You can try, but it's just so fast-paced and in-your-face that it's hard to take a specific position. I just try to be unpredictable and play hard.

-=Squid=-
03-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
No, don't leave a back man,you only have 3 guys. ALL 3 muist run as faaaaaaaaar as they can on the break, grab the center flag, then eliminate the other team.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

WARPED1
03-17-2003, 08:36 PM
darklord got it exact. 3 man is so fast, you don't need to worry about positions.

shade23
03-17-2003, 08:36 PM
warped is right to a degree. all the players should take as forward positions as they possibly can but at some point one player should at least be designated as an "anchor" or stationary player who looks down the field
also it should be clear which player is going to grab that flag because that is going to be your first goal and your players need to support that guy getting in to a position where that is possible.

at least thats what I've seen work for the most part there is the occasional team who throw massive volumes of paint and are extremely good a locking their side of the field down just waiting for the push. but in three man it seems that the aggressors are favored just by the fact that there are very few eyes on the field to catch all the moves.

WARPED1
03-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Yeah, an "anchor" is a good idea fer sher!

darklord
03-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Trust me, at least, at the tourney I'm playing in, there's no real shooting off the break. I always run to some bunker right at the break. Just play smart and aggressive, sometimes shooting off the break may be necessary. An important thing to remember is to know how your opponents play. If they play defensively, be more aggressive! Stuff like that helps. It's always good to watch games when you have a break, so you can see the other teams' tactics.

puckmaster
03-17-2003, 09:11 PM
just do as darklord said. Watch other teams play. If none of them shoot off the break, you should focus on getting as far as you possibly can up the field, and mabey have one guy behind shooting while he jogs up. Thats what my team does, and we won every 3 man tourney we played in(like 3, localy)

What it really comes down to is the type of players your team has. For example, a 3 man team I was on were all back players normally(when we play 5 man), so we shot 3 pods and a hopper per game each. Once we had two front guys and me(a back guy) they got in there face, while I shoot almost non-stop.

-=Squid=-
03-17-2003, 09:20 PM
cmon shartley, help me out here :(