PDA

View Full Version : RT green goo

dv8withn8
03-17-2003, 06:12 PM
My buddy Eric just gassed up his new RT the other day along with a new flatline and once he flipped the switch over to on green goo started spitting out the back of the valve and hissing. I turned down his velocity and the input pressure and everything stopped spitting and hissing was fine after that. No leaks anywhere. The initial input pressure was just over 800 so I was guessing that was the problem. It was running around 6-700 in the rest of the day and shooting between 260 and 293fps. He said it worked great but I was wondering what the hell the green goo was and if it could cause a problem later on.

cgrieves
03-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Ectoplasm. First thing to remember is: Don't cross the streams.

Seriously though it's just grease from the regulator spring pack. The pressure caused it to vent which is a safety feature.

Brak
03-17-2003, 07:41 PM
hes right, its because there was probably too much input pressure, and the reg was venting out, causing some excess oil/lubricant (aka ectoplasm) to spew forth from the reg

athomas
03-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Not too much input pressure, but definately too much velocity(chamber pressure). Excess front chamber pressure will cause the regulator to vent out the back. The spring pack is loaded with grease to prevent rust and corrosion. Air blowing through this at high velocity will cause any excess grease to be expelled out the back as well. Its nothing to worry about.

RobAGD
03-18-2003, 11:43 AM
A few things.

New Guns can sometimes be a little sticky inside so what happens when you gas the gun up it that the oring do not seal correctly and you get a leak out the back.

First thing to do is get some KC Trouble free, if you local store dosnet carry it then you can order it from www.paintballoutlet.com . Run some of through the gun and see if that helps.

Next get some Dow 33 and greese the following areas :

Reg Valve Pin Assy
Reg Piston Oring
Bolt Power Piston
on/off Pin

Now shoot 2 tanks of air through the gun, make sure everything is nice and broken in.

Get some good paint ( PMI Prem, Marb ) and re chrono your gun using the proper method described in your owners manual.

What you were getting before was way way off base for the gun 260-290 is not acceptable at all. With good paint you should see -/+ 5 fps

-Robert

dv8withn8
03-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the great responses.

Rob: I ordered the lube and grease you suggested as well. All you mods swear by that Kermode so I'll put the Autolube on the back shelf. :)

la690
03-18-2003, 06:47 PM
if my micro emag valve doesnt have this "ectoplasm" in it should i put some in? is that the real name?

RobAGD
03-19-2003, 02:24 AM
The green stuff as I recall is just Axle greese. Its just there to keep the springs from rusting so any greese will do just fine. I dip mine in 30wt oil every once in a blue moon to recoat them. Autolube will do as will just about anything on teh springs, DOnt use too much.

-Robert

guysdaman
03-19-2003, 04:29 PM
i thought the spring pack was supposed to be coated in antiseize compound...something like molyB

rehme
03-19-2003, 06:00 PM
did he crono the gun the correct way holding the trigger down every shot?

la690
03-21-2003, 12:02 AM
where can i get dow 33?

dv8withn8
03-21-2003, 05:49 PM
you can get it at paintballoutlet.com. It's Dow 33 packaged for smart parts as shocker lube. Just got my 33 and kermode in today and am making my frined and i's RT's as smooth as butta'. :)