PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro?

-=scarface=-
03-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to these forums and the first thing I have to say is how pleasantly surprised I am about the size of the Automag community, this to me speaks wonders about the quality of AGD products and the dedication of the users!

Now, I am not an Automag user (yet :)) but I am seriously considering purchasing an RT Pro as my next level gun over any of the other higher end guns out there (electro or high end semi). I am currently using my trusty souped up Spyder Shutter and have been for the last year and a half. I mostly play rec ball with friends from work.

I am wondering what your experiences have been with this model, required upgrades and such. I have heard many great things about the quality of AGD products as well as the incredible support offered by the company. So I am wondering what your take is regarding this and the performance of this specific marker over other models from AGD or out there.

Thank you in Advance! and have a good one!

cphilip
03-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Welcome to AO!

The RT pro is the most complete mechanical marker packages out there and the fastest recharging one too. I have one and I not letting it go.

It now comes standard with the Lighter version of the Retro Valve called the X Valve and comes with the Intelliframe, the nicest double trigger frame available for a Mag AND level 10 antichop bolts system. All standard! You get a bottom ASA a SS line, Foregrip and a barrel all in the package. It you do not mind a screw in and bottom ASA you can screw a tank in and your ready to go. NO UPGRADES NEEDED!

Check out our Dealers Forum and one of them will help you out.

warpfeedmod
03-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Welcome to AO!

The RT pro is the most complete mechanical marker packages out there and the fastest recharging one too. I have one and I not letting it go.

It now comes standard with the Lighter version of the Retro Valve called the X Valve and comes with the Intelliframe, the nicest double trigger frame available for a Mag AND level 10 antichop bolts system. All standard! You get a bottom ASA a SS line, Foregrip and a barrel all in the package. It you do not mind a screw in and bottom ASA you can screw a tank in and your ready to go. NO UPGRADES NEEDED!

Check out our Dealers Forum and one of them will help you out.

or if you're looking to spend a little less or money is tight, you can check out the markers forum for a used one that may already be upgraded...If the marker has been taken care of I can guarantee you that it'll be in just like new condition

edit: Forgot to add. I started with a spyder SE, upgraded to classic68, rtpro and now the emag. The rtpro was one of the best markers I've shot.

-=scarface=-
03-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Great stuff guys!! Thanks for the quick responses!

A friend of mine just purchased an Orracle and loves it. If you ask me I think they look way to flimsy and I would be scared to get shot up close on the front block if I owned one. They also seem far too complicated to operate, like you always need to be tweaking them out to ensure peak performance (I guess that applies to most cockers anyway)

Now, as far as this marker goes are they as easy to operate and upkeep as people claim they are? I have heard that they're definetely workhorses. I also heard about shorstroking them, how real is this issue, I guess it would really fall as user related rather than marker fault, I'm just wondering, is this rare once I get used to the trigger feel? how much of a concern is it. Also, as RT Pro owners have you encounter any areas that I should keep close attention to?

I really thank you for your feedback! It really helps me out in my decision. As of now they sure sound like great value and performance. Definetely lots of bang for the buck!

Cheers!

cphilip
03-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Short stroking is a worry of the past and for that reason a thing of the past with level 10! You can still do it but its not gonna matter as its not going to chop. Its also a little harder to do with the reactive trigger of the RT valves. It tends to throw your finger back all the way if you let it take you there. But with level 10 it realy doesn't matter. Its going to reset on a partial feed and not chop the ball.

they are work horses and sturdy as heck. And they do not require much other than an oring every so often. A simple kit will keep you up and running for a few years. They love oil though. Oil em often and liberaly.

DaosBeoulve
03-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Pros are workhorses. There's not too much to worry about on them. Pull the valve out after you get finished with the day, clean it up, and you're done. As long as you put a few drops of oil into your ASA each time before you play, you'll be fine.

As for shortstroking, after you get accustomed to the trigger, it won't be a problem at all. HOWEVER, if you get the Lvl 10 antichop bolt on it when you buy it, you won't have any problem from the get go.

(just realized phil had already beaten me to it, so I'll end my post here....lol)

FalconGuy016
03-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Since everyone said everything :) I just have one thing to add

Make sure you use compressed air with your RT Pro, or any RT mag

-=scarface=-
03-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Since everyone said everything :) I just have one thing to add

Make sure you use compressed air with your RT Pro, or any RT mag

Yeah I currently have one of them Preset Worr Air Compressed air tanks. It is preset to 800psi. Which reminds me what's the operating preassure for this marker, I couldn't find it before.

Also you guys mention the Lvl 10 kit making shorstroking obsolete. Since the new ones come with it then I should have nothing to worry about! That's GREAT!! ;)

I think you guys have helped me make up my mind!! I trully thank you for your input and help. I look forward being part of the Automag community! Cheers all!!!

cphilip
03-17-2003, 10:18 PM
They work just fine on 800. A lot of people like a little more for individual tastes in trigger response. Most people seem to like 850-900. But no one has a problem with operating on 800. Should be fine.

joeyjoe367
03-17-2003, 11:42 PM
You will not be more happy with any other mechanical paintball marker on the market. If you haven't handled the reactive trigger before, I suggest you try it out sometime although I've never met anyone who didn't like the reactive trigger.

And with Level 10, You'll also love sticking your finger or other things into the gun to show off :)

rtslave
03-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Just played with my first Mag on Sat.a brand new rt-pro, not only is it the sweetest most accurate marker I've ever shot, but I love hearing "I'LL TAKE THE GUY WITH THE RT" when choosing sides. I don't care what everybody else shoots, but people recognize(spl)RT's and understand how functionable they are right out of the box. I love my RT, I wouldn't trade it for any gun. Ok, for an X-MAG, but thats it.

shartley
03-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Well… it seems people have already gotten to this thread. ;)

I will add that the RT Pro is as fast, if not faster than most of the Electric Markers on the market. That added with the reliability, ease of maintenance (which is virtually NONE), and the fact that it is one classy looking marker, the RT Pro is a marker that should be taken MUCH more seriously than it is. However, with that being said, us owners of them tend to stand out. ;)

Every time I take my marker out, I get comments on how nice it is (and that is an understatement). And that comes from people with all levels of markers, from Spyders on up to Angels and other “top end” markers.

There are no “problem areas” that I can think of… that I would call a problem area. Not even chopping. I have not had my LX installed yet (sorry Tuna, I WILL get to it before the season starts though… LOL) but have NEVER chopped a ball. And I rip on my RT Pro. Maybe I just have good rhythm? LOL But most of the people I know who have an RTP say the same thing. :)

And now with the new bodies for Mags, RT Pro owners will be able to further customize their marker… which was a drawback for Mags in general up until recently. “Things are getting better. Things are getting better every day.” (from “The Postman”)

To say I love the RT Pro would be putting it mildly.

highzakite
03-18-2003, 03:25 PM
is the lx standard on the new rt pro

cphilip
03-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
It now comes standard with the Lighter version of the Retro Valve called the X Valve and comes with the Intelliframe, the nicest double trigger frame available for a Mag AND level 10 antichop bolts system. All standard!

-=scarface=-
03-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Once again thanks for all your feedback. One more thing, how well does the vertical feed work on these, I have always used powerfeeds but I'm cosidering going with the vert feed for ease and looks. Any major blowback concerns with these on the RT Pro?

Thanks

rtslave
03-18-2003, 05:00 PM
If there was one thing I would change it would be the vert feed, for my taste it's way too tall, I wish it were removable so you could put a low rise in it, but maybe there is a reason for it being as tall as it is. (my bro. in laws hopper moves around alot with it also, not real tight.)

Bront
03-18-2003, 05:53 PM
If you're worried about the hight, and willing to spend some extra money, check out getting a Sluggo Body for your mag. They're vertical threaded (Replacable) feed bodies with Cocker threads and different ball detents depending on who makes yours. Probably the best way to go vertical (And best looking too).

shartley
03-18-2003, 06:01 PM
I use a Power Feed for my RT Pro with a 12V Revy with X/board. If I switch to a Halo B (which I will do at some point), I will more than likely go to a low rise center feed…. because that is what the hopper likes.

Magaholic
03-18-2003, 06:22 PM
The only issue I see with a vertical feed RTP would be the lack of available barrels. It's already getting hard to find some types of barrels (Lapco for example) for right or left feed mags. The vertical feed barrel is even more rare. There are some people on this forum that can mill a right/left feed barrel to work on a vertical feed mag, making this on too much of an issue BUT just know that most right/left feed barrels don't come already milled for vertical feed.

-=scarface=-
03-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Magaholic
The only issue I see with a vertical feed RTP would be the lack of available barrels. It's already getting hard to find some types of barrels (Lapco for example) for right or left feed mags. The vertical feed barrel is even more rare. There are some people on this forum that can mill a right/left feed barrel to work on a vertical feed mag, making this on too much of an issue BUT just know that most right/left feed barrels don't come already milled for vertical feed.

That's pretty interesting Magaholic. I would have assumed that it wouldn't matter what you had (right,left or vert) to get a barrel for an RT Pro. I would have thought that the milling was the same no matter what body you had. It's starting to sound like I might go right feed. Hmmm.

-=scarface=-
03-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Shameless Bump :)

-=scarface=-
03-19-2003, 12:33 PM
So is what Magaholic saying a fact? Can anybody clarify this? I'm a bit confused now. Nowhere do they ask if you have right, center or left feed if you want to get a barrel. They just ask for the marker brand. What's the deal here?

kenshinkandon
03-19-2003, 12:45 PM
You can get most barrels made to fit vertical feeds without a problem the only thing is you will have to look around on AO for one or go directly to the manufactuer and ask them to make a barrel that will fit a vert feed which means you will have to pay the MSRP.

There are people on the forums that can modify current barrels to fit vert feeds try looking around in the dealers forum or doing a search on the subject.

-=scarface=-
03-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kenshinkandon
You can get most barrels made to fit vertical feeds without a problem the only thing is you will have to look around on AO for one or go directly to the manufactuer and ask them to make a barrel that will fit a vert feed which means you will have to pay the MSRP.

There are people on the forums that can modify current barrels to fit vert feeds try looking around in the dealers forum or doing a search on the subject.

Right, Thanks for the reply Kenshinkandon. So from the final points you guys have made, depending on which body you have on the RT Pro you need a barrel that will match the milling depending on body. I have also learned that Vert body barrels are harder to find than left or right feed. So what then is the deal of websites only giving me the option for automag milling PERIOD (no left, right, or centre specification)? I guess I'll probably have to ask the online retailer to ensure it will work.

I'll do some searches on the tech forums as you advised. Thanks.

aaron_mag
03-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Great marker. I have one and you will love it. As far as Barrels go I think AGD is coming out with the ULE body which is cocker threaded. Also there are custom milled bodies being created via a sluggo provided by AGD. Again I think these will be cocker threaded.

Eventually I will upgrade my RT to a center feed ULE body or custom body. At the present powerfeed is working great.

Unlike Shartely I used to chop all the time because I get a little excited on the trigger. Also I don't have good rythm. With Level 10, however, I no longer have a chopping issue. It really works...

scrambler
03-20-2003, 10:40 AM
i'll have to say since owning a e-mag and selling/trade for an rtp there is little difference in the speed of firing. it is just as fast as e-mag and no electronics to worry about. i'm very happy with mine, my son wants to trade his e-mag to me for rtp..a pic of mine

covadsucks
03-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Thankfully with the advent of the "No-Rise" body, a lot of barrel manufacturers are taking notice of the Mag and making barrels for them. Dye now offers up Vertfeed Boomsticks Stainless or Titanium backs only. J&J Performance has and still produces vert feed SS/Aluminum combo's or Ceramic coated aluminum. Titanium Longbow now makes a SS/Aluminum combo for all feeds in the same back piece. There are a bunch of new possibilities out there, I may have to get another mag just so I can try some of these new sets out.

-=scarface=-
03-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah I was looking to make the switch from SP AA to the dye boomstick for a vert body (once I get my RTP), I have heard good things about these barrels :)

fcpchop
03-24-2003, 08:42 PM
there great

FutureMagOwner
03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
heres what it is the barrels on the mag are twist locks(except for the newer aluminum bodies they are cocker threaded) normally they are a T shaped grove or two L's what you do with the t is slide it in the center then twist right or left until it locks in(about a 1/4th of a turn) to fit either left or right hopper the 2 l's works by sliding it into the correct one and once again turning it a 1/4th of a turn into the lock. the way the barrel works is it has a hole in it which the balls drop into so it has to be on the right side.

you CAN do centerfeed with those but it requires a little ghetto-rigging or milling to make it fit.