PDA

View Full Version : Small Leak w/ Classic RT

hostage
03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
My friend has a Level 10 Classic RT and it is just barrely leaking, its not coming out of the velocity adjuster, it seems like it is inside where the body covers.
-Doron

EDIT:I think it is coming around the velocity nut, i will check the oring on that.
-Doron

TOOL_173
03-17-2003, 11:58 PM
I am the owner of that Classic RT, We can't debug it. It seems like air is definately coming out somewhere around the body and not the velocity adjuster. Sounds like inside the bolt somewhere, replaced reg seed o-rings all the way back to the velocity adjuster and oiled. Still leaking. Even when the marker is not Cocked. It is not leaking out of the field stripping screw. its definately in the bolt somwhere which is cased. Has been suggested that it is the reg piston and that it should be replaced. This all started after my mistake of turning the input pressure up a little bit too high with a new air system.
~Ry

cgrieves
03-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the air input to the original RT through the rail and into the field strip screw. If so, replace the banjo O-rings on the field strip screw- you get some in the RT parts kit.

TOOL_173
03-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Bajo is sealing fine...I think it may have to do with the powertube now..I am going to look at it this afternoon when i can get a full tank of air to mess around with.

cgrieves
03-18-2003, 10:30 AM
To test if it's the power tube, first try screwing and unscrewing the field strip screw. You may be able to stop the leak doing only that. If not, push the end of the bolt with your finger- if the leak changes or stops, it's definitely a power tube O-ring or carrier issue.

In which case go one size smaller on the o-ring carrier. If it leaks no matter what carrier you use, your O ring may be work out or cut slightly. So try a new power tube o-ring, and go through the o-ring tuning procedure again (keep going up in carrier size until it leaks, then back down one size)

Also keep the o-ring lubed.