PDA

View Full Version : LX and X-Valve FYI

adam shannon
03-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Just got my X-Valve from AGD. I was so hyped I wanted to skip the set-up and try the LX to see if it was running good straight from the factory....FYI its not set...guess i should have done the set-up first or at least used a single...lol.

FYI also. the x-valve on/off assembly supplied wouldnt fit a PTP micro body. i had to shell out $41 on the spot at my local store for a standard RT on/off...ouch.

PzYcO
03-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Of course its not set, duh. The carriers are designed for different valve/body/rail combos, if it was set up, they wouldnt need to include extra carriers...

btw, nice 5 dolla bill :rolleyes:

dropkick1
03-18-2003, 05:32 PM
nice set up there man.

ken

Koosh
03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
(PSSST, Your drop is on upside down ;))

pbguy888
03-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon

FYI also. the x-valve on/off assembly supplied wouldnt fit a PTP micro body. i had to shell out $41 on the spot at my local store for a standard RT on/off...ouch.

Ouch... I also have an x valve on my micro. Was your problem trying to stick the valve in and it wouldnt go? Thats what happened to me. I figured out with help here that sometimes you have to get a paper clip or something like that , and push it in. Then it slides right in. And after I shot it once , it works fine...

P.S. Ill buy that old on/off pin off ya:)

-Xugg-
03-18-2003, 06:07 PM
:eek: "i had to shell out $41 on the spot at my local store for a standard RT on/off...ouch." - adam shannon

DAMN $41 for a on/off pin! I thought I was getting ripped off for buying a on/off asa for $38! I love how the stores know your going to shell out the dough any way.:rolleyes:

pbguy888
03-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by -Xugg-
:eek: "i had to shell out $41 on the spot at my local store for a standard RT on/off...ouch." - adam shannon

DAMN $41 for a on/off pin! I thought I was getting ripped off for buying a on/off asa for $38! I love how the stores know your going to shell out the dough any way.:rolleyes:

I think he ment he had to buy one of these - http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=131&CATID=6

Not this - http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=132&CATID=6

adam shannon
03-18-2003, 06:14 PM
the on/off assembly from the xvalve was a little more square than the rt on/off. i tried to work the new one in but it was just a mm too tall to fit. and i didnt want to force it. i remember reading somewhere that some bodies require the old rt on/off, so being impatient i just grabbed one off the shelf.

where i live and the fields i go to nobody has mags...my local shop actually has LX's and z grips they cant give away. so when i need something they usually have one...not that they stock many mag parts....but when i need something the 1 thats been on the shelf for years collecting dust fits the bill.

i live in the land of the impulse and intimadator...mags get no respect here...and thats why i love em. i always get picked last for rec games, then get to demonstrate how a good mechanical marker in the hands of somebody whos been playing for 12 years can hold back a wave of punk kids with electros.

i had an impulse for a year and hated it...after 2 eyes 3 boards and a handfull of solenoids in that year ive had it with electros and their constant problems.

sneakyhacker420
03-18-2003, 06:26 PM
they have z-grips? why wont they sell them?

adam shannon
03-18-2003, 06:36 PM
nobody around here wants them. tey also have those old splash anno accessory kits that SP did for the mag. they are all in a dusty junk bin by the door on sale for like 50% off right next to back issues of APG from 5 years ago.

_Spork_1
03-18-2003, 07:06 PM
wait so they have zgrips for 75 bucks in their??!

adam shannon
03-18-2003, 07:08 PM
not sure about the price. give them a call. i dont know if they will mail order.

pinnacle woods paintball
440-974-7974

wimag
03-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by pbguy888

Ouch... I also have an x valve on my micro. Was your problem trying to stick the valve in and it wouldnt go? Thats what happened to me. I figured out with help here that sometimes you have to get a paper clip or something like that , and push it in. Then it slides right in. And after I shot it once , it works fine...

P.S. Ill buy that old on/off pin off ya:)

same thing i hav to do as well. little finesse froma dental pick and i am good to go.

sneakyhacker420
03-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
nobody around here wants them. tey also have those old splash anno accessory kits that SP did for the mag. they are all in a dusty junk bin by the door on sale for like 50% off right next to back issues of APG from 5 years ago.
SWEET!

dude, buy all the mag stuff in there and then sell it on AO, you'll be loved!

FutureMagOwner
03-19-2003, 05:18 PM
your kidding me old smart parts splash kits and z grips! wowie i wish i had a store like that