PDA

View Full Version : do you wear shin/knee pads?

TheJester
03-18-2003, 05:41 PM
how many of you wear them? and what ones do you wear? i always slide on my knees, and after a day, they can get a little raw from time to time. but i can't bring myself to buy a pair.

mykroft
03-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Yes, RASE Renegades

Best $60CDN I ever spent on Paintball

Reo5th
03-18-2003, 05:55 PM
CPhil sold me a pair of Dye Xcel kneepads that work great. I don't think the shin protection is necessery, but thats just me.

Sir Chopsalot
03-18-2003, 06:00 PM
i need some, my knees are always beat to hell after a day of paintball but i dont want to spend money.

pbguy888
03-18-2003, 06:02 PM
I dont use any pads... When I slide , I dont go directly on my knee's. I go like baseball slide.

dropkick1
03-18-2003, 06:36 PM
well i used to wear some, i had the redz knee/shin combo and they rocked, but they got uncomfortable after a while, but now i have 32* pants with built in knee pads so i got rid of them.

ken

JAM
03-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I need something on my gimped-up knees... I've got the knees of a 70 year old.

Dye Excels for me, too.

Say what you want about Dye, yes, they're overpriced sometimes, and yes, a lot of people get it just bo "cool", but they do make some really good stuff.

shartley
03-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I didn’t wear knee pads playing soccer as a kid. I didn’t wear knee pads rolling and dropping on the ground as a service member. I didn’t wear knee pads…. Heck…. I have NEVER worn knee pads. LOL Elbow pads would be nice though. ;)

Maybe I will try knee pads some day..... but then again....

joeyjoe367
03-18-2003, 06:47 PM
I can't seem to find a pair that Fit. I've tried RASE pads and JT E-motions... I think I might have to look outside the industry to find something that'll work for me.

Darn chicken legs :mad:

shartley
03-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
I can't seem to find a pair that Fit. I've tried RASE pads and JT E-motions... I think I might have to look outside the industry to find something that'll work for me.

Darn chicken legs :mad:
I have chicken legs too! Maybe I should look into coming out with pads for “the rest of us”?

Load SM5
03-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Dye kneepads. Very comfy after you break them in and, most importantly, they never move during a slide.

Quiet
03-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Never worn them, probably never will.

If you are looking outside the industry, AXO makes some for mountainbiking that might fit you.

Crazy
03-18-2003, 07:10 PM
renegades are good, even if your not gonna do a lot of sliding... bounces are good.

Sinnet
03-18-2003, 07:53 PM
LOVE my dye knee pads, amazing for sliding and all-around agressiveness

SlipknotX556
03-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Never worn a pair of knee pads. I play on mostly dirt fields, so its not that bad sliding.

Tack
03-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I don't do alot of sliding when I play, but I do drop to my knees alot in bunkers, or crawl over stuff. I use JT E-Motion pads. they are really confortable and they fit really good. the great thing about them is as you move they will move with you instead of binding at the knees. The other thing I like about them is that I have taken more bounces off them than anywhere else. I even walked up on a young player who was well hiden, he took about six shots at me. All six of them bounced off my knee pads, I spun and shot him out. This was from about 10 feet away. After the game the boy came up to me and asked me how I didn't get a brake. He looked at me like I was super man for the rest of the day.

SirOssis
03-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by pbguy888
I dont use any pads... When I slide , I dont go directly on my knee's. I go like baseball slide.

thats how I slide as well yet my knees will still clip something(and the last time was a sapling stump that I hit so hard that I still got a cut right on the kneecap through my old wrestling knee pads).

After that I went out and got some hard shell pads. I went out to Play-It-Again-Sports and picked up some really nice rollerblading knee pads. They are full wrap around neoprene(slide on... have to be worn under pants so they gotta be baggy) and also have velco straps. They have about 2 inch thick foam between the neoprene wrap and the hard kneecap cover. These things are so soft and comfortable that I was playing the next weekend on my knees kneeling directly on the stitches.

RetroEclipseMan
03-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I used to sport the renegade knee/shin guards until I got my dye pants. Now I just wear pair of the JT knee pads that I got for free from a friend. Don't really have much use for shin guards since my pants are baggy enough to get bounces when I'm running. Probably the nicest pair of pads that I've bought are the dye elbow/forarm pads. They're really comfy and don't move at all not to mention just about everything bounces off of them.

Russ
03-18-2003, 09:34 PM
My over-40 knees require all the protection I can give them. I wear JT E-Motion pads. They restrict movement a bit, and are hot in the summer, but heck, I'm old & slow anyways! Gotta save my knees :)

walker2287
03-18-2003, 09:53 PM
i use some industrial hard kneepads when i play at my local field (its on a tennis court) because u can slide like 15ft on them. also when i play on grass i use some jt pads just because i have tendinitist in both my knees (ouch)

TheJester
03-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Sir Chopsalot
i need some, my knees are always beat to hell after a day of paintball but i dont want to spend money.

yea, that's my issue. i think i just figure that i'm young still, i can take it...i just know i won't be able to for long

cphilip
03-18-2003, 10:01 PM
My old knee's cant take it either. I gotta have em. I spend a lot of time behind a bunker on one or more of my knees cause my back will lock and stiffen up on me if I crouch and I am there for a while and cannot shift. I got an old ruptured disc back there. I don't use em to slide I use em to keep the rocks and sticks from eating my knee's up. Not to mention them shin shots! I got the Renegades and they fit me great. I just wish each of the loops on mine was velcro. Only the top one is. I thought they had changed that? Its only a problem putting em on and taking em off. Sometimes in the summer I play in shorts and knee pads only. Cooler that way.

halB
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
i either baseball slide or if its a snake or crawling bunker i literally slide in on the whole side of my body.

~WarpedRT#2~
03-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Redz knee and shin pads. I love them. They do get uncomfortable, but I think it's worth it. They really dont slide around that much either. Kevlar fronts, so they dont wear easily is a good feature.

aaron_mag
03-18-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
My old knee's cant take it either. I gotta have em. I spend a lot of time behind a bunker on one or more of my knees cause my back will lock and stiffen up on me if I crouch and I am there for a while and cannot shift. I got an old ruptured disc back there. I don't use em to slide I use em to keep the rocks and sticks from eating my knee's up. Not to mention them shin shots! I got the Renegades and they fit me great. I just wish each of the loops on mine was velcro. Only the top one is. I thought they had changed that? Its only a problem putting em on and taking em off. Sometimes in the summer I play in shorts and knee pads only. Cooler that way.

The taking off and putting on part is annoying (I have these as well). It would be great if they had an easier system. Once they are on, however, they don't move too much.

CrazyLad
03-18-2003, 11:38 PM
i dont wear them....I slide a lot on my knees though

joeyjoe367
03-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by shartley

I have chicken legs too! Maybe I should look into coming out with pads for “the rest of us”?

That would be the greatest thing EVER. I remember nexed was talking about knee pads earlier. I wonder if they took into consideration our comments about "chicken legs" :)

joeyjoe367
03-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
Never worn them, probably never will.

If you are looking outside the industry, AXO makes some for mountainbiking that might fit you.

Checked out the AXO site... THe pads look nice, but a little bit too bulky. I don't think I'd like hard-plastic shells on pads; all of the AXO knee/shin pads have some sort of hard-plastic on them.

If JT just made a smaller-size of the JT-Emotion pads, I'd be exstatic.

pookachu32
03-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Redz all the way dude!!

TimEmag00134
03-19-2003, 05:55 AM
Currently I use Redz knee/shin pads and they do a pretty good job, but they do start to get annoying after a while, especially in the heat. I don't quite have the chicken leg problem, but I've got my own problems. Most of the time I wear a neoprene knee support on my right knee and that really screws with the knee pads because if I get a pair that fits good over the knee support then they don't fit that well on the other knee. It works the other way around too, if I get a pair that fits well on the left knee, then the one using the support doesn't fit that well.

Mr Pink
03-19-2003, 06:12 AM
I wear the JT Skinz, they're comfy and my knees are never sore anymore:D

AlabamaMan
03-19-2003, 12:24 PM
The cheapest volleyball kneepads you can find at wal-mart. Normally they are like $10. The way i see it is you only really slide 2 or 3 times per game. I wear them under my JT pants, and they stay put. After the game you might need to pull them back up, but who cares. They saved you 30 bucks.

circus5
03-19-2003, 02:09 PM
After as many knee/leg injuries as i've had one would think i would learn my lesson. nope, still won't wear pads. the scar is from slamming into a rock, rather than sliding i went from a full run straight onto my knees, and found a rock (my kick-*** PB Junkies Tron pants survived). I kept playing (moron that i am) until my friend saw the cut, took my gun and forced me to go to the hospital. that one took six stiches on the inside and eight staples on the outside. the raw spot on the bottom is whats left of really nasty rug-burn from skyball, that i continue to slide on at my local indoor on a weekly basis.:rolleyes:

joeyjoe367
03-19-2003, 05:00 PM
eeewwwwww