PDA

View Full Version : What Pants!!!!!

maglover52
03-18-2003, 07:19 PM
i can not decide which pants to get. I like the JT tournaments and the DYE Hbrid's but cant decide which. money isnt a matter i have like 100 bucks to spend on them. i can get either one. the DYE's are $64.95 and the JT's are $62.95 but which one is better in a players preffrencce and not a dealer or someone who wants to sell you them. because most would say DYE just because they want to get more money. so please help me decide and don't just say one brand becasue thats what you like please explain why you like them better.
Thanks alot,

Abby

HoppysMag
03-18-2003, 07:51 PM
NO PANTS!!!! you could be like some og the Phog guys and wear a kilt.;) :D

SlipknotX556
03-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Get the hybird. The JT pants, are very poorly made, in my opinion. My friends did one slide, ripped the JT pants, they were his first time out with them.

heftylefty
03-18-2003, 08:05 PM
I love my JT tourney pants. they have so much pockets to hold squegees and other stuff. they also have padding and are not that baggy like the Dye hybrids. if you like baggy pants, go with the dyes, but im happy with my JTs.
matt

Statik7
03-18-2003, 08:19 PM
i had the older dye pants. they are soo fffffffffffffing nice in words i cannont explain. you just have to slide your happy legs into a pair

logamus
03-18-2003, 09:26 PM
dont the jt's unzip at the knees? that might be handy in the summer heat.

Python14
03-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Go with Dyes. They have to be the best pants around, no doubt about it. Too bad I outgrew mine. Now I am making my own pants.

paintposse
03-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Ya they unzip but if you go all out the zipper breaks by the first day of spring(i got a pair in winter) The knees riped too. I dont like the JT pants. They were alright but once i bought my dye pants i threw my Jts away. The JT to me feel weird and werent as comfortable as the dye. The dye pants for me have been awsome. I bought them around x mas and there only starting to rip now. And who cares about how many squeegies you carry i only carry 1? And trust me baggy pants are the way to go. they dont have to be sagging down to ur knees but if there baggy you get like10 times the bounces. And the crotch is elasticy type so when yu spread ur legs they dont rip. And they have an sdjustible waist. I thought it would be cool cuz i could were them for ever but then after i bought them i knew the would rip before i out grew them. Also you can tighen the area around you ankle so dirt doesnt go up ur pants. Im a front player and i get dirty and use my gear to its fullpotential and these pants exceed them
If you buy Dye pants were basketbal shorts underneth them cuz it works out way better trust me.

thecavemankevin
03-18-2003, 10:25 PM
OUTLAST Pants are the shiznit!!!

Made out of hemp so they are vertually indestructable.

check em out...i think they are made by Brimstone Inc. Same company that makes all the great Ultimate Air fields!

WARPED1
03-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Go pantless! Impress the ladies!
Seriously tho, get a pair of Animal PB pants, better than both your choices IMO.
Animal paintball (http://animalpaintball.com/Pants.htm)

Skoad
03-19-2003, 12:18 AM
you check out nexed pants?
they have 3 different types for poor people and the people who have too much money :P

AutomagRT1483
03-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Go with the JT tournament pants. I love 'em, so many pockets, plus they got vents!:D

Mickster
03-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Personally i use the Rase SkidKnees and have had no problem with them so far only buring a hole through them when playing on astoturf at Campaign Cup:rolleyes:

Blazestorm
03-19-2003, 11:28 AM
JT Pants all the way.

Poorly made my ***, these things are the best paintball pants I've used (only ones at that) and I'm glad I spent the 70 bucks I did on them. Built in knee pads, scretchable crouch area for those... um... flexible people, about 5 different pockets on each side, big butt pad, adjustable leg thingys so you don't get mud on your legs :P and it looks cool :) Plus its like a really nice material inside that is incredibly comfortable, its like... really nice, its like smooth something and its really smooth and keeps you warm and stuff :D

Mickster
03-19-2003, 01:48 PM
I was put of buying the JT tournament pants by team mates. In their experience of playin in them they found that when sliding the zips had a tendency to rip, maybe they just had bad experiences. I must admit they do look the business though :p

thecavemankevin
03-19-2003, 07:12 PM
check out this link!!!

http://www.pbstar.com/general-gear-review/smokin-pants/index.html

jayloo
03-19-2003, 07:25 PM
I've got both pair and the DYE are better. The JT velcro waist things will rip off. I know serveral folks that this happened to. I ended up finin them myself. The jt are lined all the way down this is good for insulation from cold but horrible for hot days. The Dye have a lining like the mesh in shirts that goes just above the knees and more mesh on the inside of the legs of the pants ...keeps you COOL. You can feel air circulating especially when moving. The Dye pants are lighter in weight and the knees seem more durable. IMHO JTs products are becomming crap...Brass Eagle did it.

Rancid Milk
03-19-2003, 08:40 PM
definately the dye pants man, they are SOOOO durable and they look pretty sick too.

maglover52
03-19-2003, 08:48 PM
yeah i think im gonna order the dye pants today or tommorow. im going to get them in red and black.

AcemanPB
03-19-2003, 09:19 PM
I have pair of the red/black hybrid pants. Although I had to send them back because they were to big for me... they were very nice though.

darklord
03-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I own some DYE hybrids. They're real nice. Slightly baggy, adjustable waist, ultra comfy, strong yet lightweight knees, and comfy built in shorts. Vents keep you cool, too. I'd recommend a cheap pair of kneepads though if you're a hardcore slider. Better to ruin the $10 kneepads than the $65 pants, right? :D

VanGogo
03-20-2003, 12:43 AM
The Nexed pro pants are the shizz in MHO. The stretchy makes the very durable!
JT's I have owned have always ripped at the seams, except the old school denim ones.
The Dye's hold up well from what I have seen.

For price to performance ratio I think the Nexed pants win hands down.

SyntaxError
03-20-2003, 10:37 AM
I agree, Nexed pants are very, very nice. My personal pick out of all of them. PJ Antron pants are also a good choice, they hold up well and look good too.

recoil
03-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Dye all the way :)

johnny dee
03-20-2003, 07:04 PM
do what i did...u dont need to spend 70 bucks on a pair of pants, go to the army surplu store and pick up a pair of tactical black swat pants they have cargo pockets and are baggy like the dye pants and are probably better made cause there made for real combat. thats what i use and ive had them for almost 2 1/2 years and no rips. but really its prefefence.

Yamz
03-20-2003, 11:47 PM
dont limit you choices to just those 2 brand names redz, raven, dye, JT, and some others i cant think of right now all make good pants i would go with redz personaly but thats cause i have a pair and our field used to be a skeet range and there are still broken clays on the ground and i slide overthen my knee gets trashed but the pants are still looking great redz is not joking their pants really are like bullet proof PJs

Quackman71
03-21-2003, 12:22 AM
I still use the only pair of paintball pants i have ever bought, my old Renegade Image pants, they are soo nice, I have been playing for 4 years and while they are getting, thin, is some places they have been the best thing i have bought for paintball.

maglover52
03-21-2003, 01:42 PM
i changed my mind i am not geting pants i am sticking with the camo pants and t-shirt.