PDA

View Full Version : Sliding: Dive or baseball-style? (Random midnight thought)

painball
03-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Do you dive headfirst into a bunker or slide baseball style? I would think with a regular baseball slide the pack owuld get in the way if you went too low. I guess it would depend on terrain and bunker size mostly but what do you do most often?

painball
03-19-2003, 12:32 AM
I am too tired..
This was meant to be in Paintball Talk.....:rolleyes: :D

SkElL~ObIsSiS
03-19-2003, 09:22 AM
I stay kind of upright while sliding on my right leg, so that when I come to rest I am ready to shot, and I can also shoot while sliding using this method if im really forced to.

tobz
03-19-2003, 11:05 AM
my teammate did a head first rolling dive over a small air bunker...

yup

stats:
Injuries = minor bruises/scratches
Impulse = nearly destroyed (needed a few parts)
Pack = Status: OK
Hopper = Fell off
Pods = broken with soupy paint in them
CO2 tank = needed a new guage

I guess he's alright but he hasn't done it since :)

-T.J.

titan aresta
03-19-2003, 12:48 PM
the last time i did a head first dive i ended up with a barrel full of sand, and the last time i did a baseball style slide i fracutred my ankle. back players have it easy ;)

Mickster
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Kinda baseball come knee slide, so that when i slide in to the bunker i can continue firing straight away without needing to reposition myself. However needless to say it is not always the case, i sometimes end up goin REMOVED NO CURSING -cphilipwitrh the momentum of the of the run :p

hitech
03-19-2003, 04:29 PM
I mostly do baseball style slides. I wear my pack pretty high, so it's not in the way. I have done the superman slide, but mostly because I tripped first. ;)

maglover52
03-19-2003, 07:28 PM
i usually do baseball slide sometimes superman when i am going really fast into a bunker.